or Connect

Posts by umpiremark

Set down the drinks, stay loose with your partners and slow down ... slow way down.   If it were me ... I'd guess you get a bit anxious, "I'll show you dudes who can whack the ball the farthest ..." and your tempo is waaaaaay too fast. The worse you hit it, the faster your tempo and the worse your game then the faster your tempo and so on. Kinda like McIlroy's 7 on # 10 yesterday ... it just snowballs until it kills ya ...   Whatever your tempo is on the range or...
What do you think Stevie thinks when Tiger misses .... from short range.   Tiger: "Frickin' frack, frazzle ...." Stevie; "DOH!!! Mercedes; cross it off ...   Tiger: "Oiy, freegin', frizzle, frop ..." Stevie: "DOH!!! Bently, cross it off ....   Tiger: "ooofff ... Yimminee crickets." Stevie: DOH!!! Flying lessons, cross it off the list ..."   I'm no expert, but was at Augusta on Friday (before it got really hot for the weekend) ... and sitting at 15...
Indescribable beauty. What a course!! No flat screen, 2D (even in HD) TV picture will ever do justice to the flowers, the pines, the grass, the greens, the sand NOR the elevation changes on that phenominal course.   Cross one off the bucket list, I was at Augusta!!!   What a place. The Mecca of Golf in America ...     Mark
I'll report back on Monday, when I return!! The sad thing about our trip east and back, is I'll miss the televised finals on Sunday for the first time in well over 30 years ...   Thanks for all the input, this truly is a trip of a lifetime.
Thanks Double ... good stuff; thanks everyone for the tips. I'm hoping to log several miles next Friday taking in as much of the course as I can. Hopefully by the time the afternoon rounds begin, I'm planted somewhere and let the pros come to us.   I can hardly wait ... ... ... If you're watching on TV on Friday and you see some guy running across 11 fairway, rolling onto the grass and ducking for cover in the azealias ... being chased by 10 cops ... ......
I have been fortunate to be invited to the Masters this year. My wife and I are going on Friday (cut-down day). Has anyone on here ever been to Augusta National? Where are some reccomended places to view the golf, which holes? Can you walk and stand on any hole or are you relegated to the grandstands? Anyone with hints, suggestions, etc., for the best viewing of all the golf, please let me know ... I am truly looking forward to this experience.   P.S. I cannot...
"wow 24.99 for the app? Does this really work, is it worth the money?"   I felt it worked wonders for gaining a repeatable tempo on the range AND on the course. I don't know anything about the app, but (in my mind) if you don't read the book, you won't understand the concept. But that's just me.
I apologize for my harsh post above ... comprehension 101 should have taught me to read your post thoroughly ... "I bought a set of USED CLUBS ..."   In any event, if you were taking them in for loft/lie adjustments, have them swingweighted on a scale in the store, as well. Remember that cutting 1/2" off the butt end affects swingweight more than 1/2" off the tip end and raises issues with bend point and flex of the club.   Again, the moral is the same ... have...
If you were fitted for these clubs, i.e. swingweight, etc., the swingweight on each club will now change (feel). It's not an across the board "equal" change, because 1/2" off the butt end coupled with headweight, etc. will vary the swingweight (feel) on each club. If you take off the grips and change grips (different weights, size, etc.) the swingweight will change, also. Ask the person who fitted you for these clubs for advice. But if you were fitted properly, then the...
1) Better consistency off the tee;   2) Break 80 more than once this season;   3) Make more putts;   4) Get my handicap to single digits.