or Connect

Posts by umpiremark

Here is something I read somewhere, that helped me with both the inside backswing and the over the top move. I hope it helps you: At the range, tee your ball (driver, obviously) like normal. Place a foot directly behind the tee/ball and down the intended swing path. Place one tee behind your heel, in-line with the swing-line and one tee off your ankle inside that first tee (closer to your set-up, feet). Take the club back over the heel tee and swing 7'oclock to 1'oclock...
I was struggling mightily with my swing; even took lessons and had the opportunity to have a free swing analysis at Golf-Tec. I still struggled with weight shift, rotation, hands, feet, ears, hat, angle of the sun, moon phase, everything ... always something out of sinc. I read the Golf Digest articles (2) on Stack and Tilt and decided to try. If I didn't have to shift and time that shift, hey! What the heck. So I worked on it, referring often to the article for the...
I too changed from a 15* 3-wood to a 16* 1-hybrid. Mostly psychological, I was not hitting my 3-wood for diddley. The difference of a few inches in shaft length and the smaller head just helped me swing smoother and more in control; for whatever reasons. Golf is a weird game filled with eighty million swing thoughts at one time. Setting the 3-wood aside and building my 1-hybrid has eliminated a few of those negative swing thoughts!! Again, to each his/her own, but since...