or Connect

Posts by tricky

One thing I don't understand is without tape how do you build up a grip to an intermediate size (assuming there isn't a different grip for every possible size), or indeed stretch it out to narrow it slightly (without it springing back to its natural shape)?
I have some good news for you. You don't putt with the head cover. Although I suppose for those of us with brittle confidence related to the aesthetics of our equipment it might undermine how we play. Perhaps Tiger should ditch the dodgy headcovers and get some serious sober ones in black, to match his new mood of contrition? He'd surely play better? Personally I play with a set of generic headcovers so all of them match and the originals don't get lost or worn. I'm a...
I'm out on the course today, without having hit a ball for 4 months. I'm expecting it to be messy.
I've tended to find that people on here don't seem to consider the tour-w a proper wedge. Why? It's a cast stainless construction. This means that it tends to wear less quickly than the often recommended wedges on here. I love the tour-w's. They feel well balanced, have more feedback than you might imagine, and are perfectly capable of spinning the ball in a controlled fashion. The only negative that I would offer personally is that the hard stainless groove edges...
Thank you for that. I've been deliberating between the ping 703 and the Golf Pride......but these sharpro's are so much cheaper that I'm prepared to give them a go until the end of the season. Now all I have to decide is which colour or colours.........
Look, I'm really no expert - as my handicap will prove.....but.........it seems to me that your approaches are inaccurate because they are from distance, due to your lack of length. I'm not sure that moving from cavity backs to blades is the answer to that. Look at your stance and alignment as well, there should be little problem hitting a cavity back straight - and what you want to do almost all of the time is hit the ball straight. You need to be looking at some...
Good call. Most of the other suggestions are hardly underrated, when they are internationally well known. I'd like to add Benross (lovely hybrids - I game the V6 trimass Escapes) for their woods, and MD Golf for their wedges.
I'm biased. I love mine. I think it works. It's what I say every time I'm asked. Try one.
Try out a Rife Antigua. It's my wand of choice. Last time out was my best ever putting round (34), on my way to an 84 overall (great for me) after only my 7th round with it. This included a 35 foot uphill putt for birdie at the eighteenth (in front of a gallery). Died straight into the middle of the hole. I never make those....but what more impressed me was just how good all of my putts were for length. The Rife really gets the ball rolling beautifully. You'd have to...
Go and try some Ping S57's. I find them ridiculously easy to hit for a players iron, and they're pretty easy to work - even for a player of my handicap (now that I'm working on a new swing). Most people agree that they have a nice feel for a cast stainless (last a bit better) cavity players iron.; They're not a forged blade, but a decent half way compromise, a lovely top line, and a slight offset. I've got S58's (the previous model before the improved S57's), and I've...