or Connect

Posts by MikeLowry5

I don't know about your posts, but Erik/Iacas used the words "somewhat unfair advantage" and in later posts specifically uses the two words "unfair advantage" when explaining his reasoning for banning them.  That is clear enough language for me.     
I struggle to not call this a ridiculous argument, however I will not do so since those who think they should be banned believe it is an unfair advantage (their reasoning hase been thought out and doesn't seem to be reactionary).  I do not believe it is an unfair advantage nor come close to it.  I find the long putters to be very odd looking and could never see myself putting with one, but I will not call it an advantage.    If this has any teeth within the golfing...
We have an office "tournament" set up next Friday at Stonewolf.  I have never played there, but one of the guys in the office loves it.  I have not played anywhere other than Birch Creek this year.  Between there and Aberdeen is where I spend most of my year (I live near Six Flags).
The test was done with a TM Penta and I use a Callaway IZ.    And I don't necessarily agree with the idea that weaker lofts and/or a slower clubhead speed equal less distance.  If you are at optimal launch, smash factor, etc then, yes, this would be the case.  If weaker lofts allow for your optimum trajectory and the slower clubhead speed allow you to hit the ball in the optimal location on the clubhead I would say they would INCREASE distance rather than decrease...
I had my irons fitted over the winter and the fitter suggested Rifle PX flighted 6.5's with the lofts bent 2° weak (PW went from 46° to 48°).  I had the original TM Burner 105g stiff shafts in them previously.  The trackman data from the fitting session showed I hit the PX 6.5's further and had a higher swing speed with the PX's vs my original shaft.    With all of the above said, I feel like I am hitting the ball considerably shorter this year.  I live in STL and we...
I have a set of 2009 Tour Preferred Irons that I purchased new, changed out the shafts to the PX 6.5's and only hit a few times at the driving range.  The reason for this is I was going to use the 8-PW as part of a combo set with my Tour Burner irons.  The clubs are look new, free of scratches, dings, etc.  They have Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips on them.   Clubs are standard length and lie and the grips have no extra wraps under them.    I would like to get...
Assuming I could hit them, Scratch blades and some of those fany Miura (sic?) wedges.  I can't hit them well enought so it doesn't matter.   A kid at the driving range I use has about 4 sets of beautiful looking blades (Hogan Apex, McGregors with custom paint, Callaway Prototypes, etc) but he can't even hit the damn PW on them well enough....
Well I wanted the shirt.  I'm sure feeling like i got a new driver for $10 made me that much more apt to pay the money for the shirt.   Mike
I received a NEW, UNOPENED R11 today as a replacement and was only charged shipping for it.  I cannot tell you how suprised I was to see this.  Although I am not a fan of the white, I was very greatful for TMAG's generosity.  They had every inclination to deny my claim and I would not have been upset in the least bit, but to warranty it, and send the updated version is like Christmas.    I caught a lot of razzing by the guys at Golf Galaxy for walking out of there...
I am firmly convinced that Donald Trump is a good golfer, partifularly a good short game player strictly because of the confidence he has in himself.  There has to be some type of intangible correlation between the confidence you have in yourself to succeed and your brain allowing your body to make the correct motions to hit that shot.    Just sayin...