or Connect

Posts by Ignorant

No. See Appendix II, 1, b: b. AdjustabilityAll clubs may incorporate features for weight adjustment. Other forms ofadjustability may also be permitted upon evaluation by the R&A. The followingrequirements apply to all permissible methods of adjustment:(i) the adjustment cannot be readily made;(ii) all adjustable parts are firmly fixed and there is no reasonablelikelihood of them working loose during a round; and(iii) all configurations of adjustment conform with the...
 Rule 4-4a clearly forbids that. You are limited to a maximum of 14 clubs when starting your stipulated round regardless whether you use every club or not.
 It seems to me that you are only preferring to reduce the role of BAD luck. Besides you seem to mix Rules and course planning. Good course planning means all hazards are visible from the tee which brightens the idea behind them: plan your play to avoid them....
 Because you are supposed to play from a bunker in the first place. No, wait, in the first place you are supposed NOT to hit your ball there, and only should you fail in this mission you are supposed to play from the bunker. Just that s**t happens and your ball buries under the lip every 25 years does not IMO justify the change. Golf is full of breaks, that is the absolute beauty and the ultimate challenge of this game. P.S. I did not understand how you came up with a...
 Very interesting. I have never played on a course with a DZ for a WH which takes that WH out of play. Then again, from the courses I have played in recent years I cannot from the top of my head remember any course with a DZ for a WH. Around here you MUST play your ball over any WH or go around it, if feasible. This I believe is one of the characteristics of golf. This seems to be a big difference in the culture, although I can understand why that kind of DZ's are there...
 What if such a high capper cannot get over a WH 50 meters of water? Should s/he be allowed to carry the ball over the WH? Or should s/he be demanded to work on the skills until s/he can? If one's skills are not enough to manage a course then one should improve them. This may seem harsh but it is not too much to ask. And if one does not want to see the bother one should not bother of the score and just concentrate on enjoying the good shots and social aspect. After all,...
Well, you said that your home course just now has a very fluffy sand. I very much doubt any ball coming from high up would take a 'hop'.My point was that sometimes you get a bad lie due to your shot and sometimes you get a bad lie due to the drop. In the long run I cannot envisage a huge difference.My home course has four bunkers on three practice greens and one on the driving range (of those two driving ranges there are). I never see any crowd in those bunkers... so I...
 This. No need for a change of R28.
 Wouldn't you get a fried egg also if your ball lands in the bunker from high aloft? So what's the difference? An example. You hit your ball in the heavy rough but unfortunately your ball enters a bush and you cannot make a stroke at it. So you take an unplayable and drop your ball in the thick rough away from the bush. Now you got yourself 1 PS but your ball is still in that thick rough and it is very difficult to get a decent shot at it. What is the difference between...
It would be great to hear what the RB's have had in mind when not allowing what Erik is proposing.   Some things that make me very much hesitant to change that Rule:   - if you get an unplayable lie in a bunker and drop it in the bunker partially embedding your ball you are not in any different position than if you ball had partially embedded in the first place. Sometimes you get a good lie and sometimes you don't. You are way much worse off once there is a lot of...