or Connect

Posts by Ignorant

I will not take a stand here as the issue is rather complicated but I just throw in some questions: What is it that constitutes 'an unusual equipment'? Is it unusual for golf or unusual in general? As we are dealing with Rules of Golf I would go for the former. Following preceding logic, IMO a laser pointer is certainly not an usual equipment for golf, unlike eyeglasses, 9V battery, (Rules) book or binoculars. Can we thus say that it is an unusual equipment? Well, I...
 You've lost track of the thread. There has been quite a few examples presented having nothing to do with the OP situation.
 Not necessarily and that is the entire point here. You can easily make a test on a moist course by stepping on your ball eg. in the fairway pushing it halfway into the ground. Then you lift your ball and, abracadabra, there is water dripping into the hole! Water that you did not see before you lifted your ball... Furthermore, if you are entitled to a relief due to CW having lifted it for identification, wouldn't it be strange if you were not entitled to see whether there...
 Is it visible? This is the question I have asked myself many times. Also I have asked myself how can a pitch-mark be filled with water if it is filled with ball. Could it be that the pitch-mark is filled up with water because the ball was lifted? The wording in D25/3 leaves lots of room for interpretations. And again, what if I lift my ball for identification and the pitch-mark (or whatever hole in the ground created by the ball...) fills up with CW am I entitled to...
 I guess that would be the same as in the OP, to which I commented about possible refusing to grant relief due to CW.
 I am sensing that you are not willing to participate in the discussion. No problem.
 Are you a politician? I am so sorry, I will change that word so you may concentrate on the question instead of an incorrect term: Or let us take a more plausible scenario. My ball is plugged in and I wish to identify it. I inform my fc, mark the position and lift it. And voilá, the hole in the ground from which the ball was lifted from is (half)filled with water! What am I to do? Just stick it in and declare it unplayable? Chunk half of the territory with my SW to get the...
 I guess one would have at least some kind of feeling that there might be CW under the ball before lifting his ball.
 Did you read my question in the last paragraph of my post #29? What say You? Or let us take a more plausible scenario. My ball is plugged in and I wish to identify it. I inform my fc, mark the position and lift it. And voilá, the pitch-mark is (half)filled with water! What am I to do? Just stick it in and declare it unplayable? Chunk half of the territory with my SW to get the ball up? Sit down and cry? Ask the referee? Order a pizza? Please help me!!!!
 If I read you right a player has no legitimate reason for lifting his ball if he does not already know he is entitled a relief. Well, that is not what D20-1/0.7 says, so I have to disagree with you. What if a player's ball is plugged in the ground and another person lifts it without authority and the hole is filled up with casual water while the ball is being lifted? Is the player to replace his ball and pretend there is no CW?