or Connect

Posts by Ignorant

So what if a player substitutes his ball when not permitted? Will that be a breach of CoC? What will be the penalty? I very much dislike any unnecessary text in LR's, HC's and CoC's. There are Rules and then there are additional limitations, it is not sensible to repeat Rules in those documents just because someone might not know some Rule. Even more I dislike if a Rule is quoted and quoted wrong. How's that for educating players...?
 Why do they have this in their HC: Golf Ball/Rule 15-1:  A player must hole out with the ball played from the teeing ground, unless the ball is lost or out of bounds, or if the player substitutes another ball if permitted under rule 15-2. Are they deliberately modifying Rule 15-1 or is this just an error? And if it is an error why did they see it necessary to repeat just this particular Rule?
 We have that only on the highest national level tour.
 You being based in UK, how did you get in contact with USGA?
 Ok, thanks.
 Are those the things sometimes called 'french drains' ? At least very much sounds like them. Certainly obstructions and not water hazards.
 Exactly this. So the answer to the original question is no, you may not touch the green to indicate the line FOR putting even if that point you touch is not on or near your line OF putt. EDIT: It seems rogolf beat me by more than 2 hours ;-)
 That is what I meant. But also that it is not necessarily possible to get a reading from an edge of a bunker if it is not well visible to you. All hazards with their exact locations are in the notes which alwasy gives you a better starting point, and of course faster.
 Not to mention that with a laser you only get the distance between your ball and the pin. From the notes pros get to know how much green there is between the pin and the closest hazards. And that data is always accurate, unlike the one provided by GPS devices such as GolfBuddy or Garmin G-series.
As we are now in agreement with Fourputt I dare to link a video that first came to my mind having read the title of this thread. I am sure many of you have seen this but I hope you all get the same enlighted feeling looking at this and reminiscing that great movie: