or Connect

Posts by Ignorant

As you seem to be twisting things deliberately I cannot find motivation to set you straight. I believe luu5's post described the core of the issue.
 Here we have a difference of opinion. IMO the task of a Committee is to organize the event, set the frames to it and enforce the Rules (so to say) during the event. Educating competitors in Rules is not Committee's task, not more than teaching them how to swing a club. It is the clubs' responsibility to educate their own members and that is a big challenge as well. I do that in my club, one bite at a time. Well, one lesson at a time.
 So if you know you are not wrong things are as you say they are? I cannot imagine how you can ever be wrong if you always know when you are wrong. Fourputt, I don't care how many years you have been doing whatever and where, that does not make your opininion more right. It is the substance that counts, not the years behind words. Obviously we have a different set of rules to go by in tournaments but that's ok. I am sure the winner is found in both cases, but that was not...
 This is an issue we have discussed a lot amongst my colleagues and other people being involved with organizing competitions. On the Tours there is the Hard Card containing specific Local Rules valid in the entire country and other Comditions of Competitions, such as use of DMD's, no putting on PG's between holes, etc. These are valid for every single competition on those Tours and this HC is distributed to the players in the beginning of the season and they are supposed...
 Fourputt, Hard Card is a part of the CoC and/or LR's. If a player acts against HC he will be penalized. Why else HC would exist? For amusement? AFA 15-1 is concerned, why not write the Rule as it is instead of a modification? I cannot see any benefit to anyone there, quite on the contrary. The text in HC gives (at least to me) an impression that you are in breach of that particular part of CoC if you substitute your ball in play when not permitted. What possible reason...
 This is from the Rules: 15-1. GeneralA player must hole out with the ball played from the teeing ground, unless the ball is lost or out of bounds or the player substitutes another ball, whether or not substitution is permitted (see Rule 15-2).  And this is from the Hard Card: Golf Ball/Rule 15-1:  A player must hole out with the ball played from the teeing ground, unless the ball is lost or out of bounds, or if the player substitutes another ball if permitted under rule...
Sorry, I meant Fourputt, not rogolf. For some reason I could not edit my post.
 Rogolf, it is up to the player to know the Rules and it is up to the Committee to inform the players of any deviations of the Rules. It is NOT the Committee's responsibility to educate players on the Rules. What I have heard and read most of your leisure time golfers think they can drop a ball close to the point where their ball went OB with one penalty stroke. Maybe that should be mentioned in all CoC's as well. It is very well known that players attending a competition...
 So what if a player substitutes his ball when not permitted? Will that be a breach of CoC? What will be the penalty? I very much dislike any unnecessary text in LR's, HC's and CoC's. There are Rules and then there are additional limitations, it is not sensible to repeat Rules in those documents just because someone might not know some Rule. Even more I dislike if a Rule is quoted and quoted wrong. How's that for educating players...?
 Why do they have this in their HC: Golf Ball/Rule 15-1:  A player must hole out with the ball played from the teeing ground, unless the ball is lost or out of bounds, or if the player substitutes another ball if permitted under rule 15-2. Are they deliberately modifying Rule 15-1 or is this just an error? And if it is an error why did they see it necessary to repeat just this particular Rule?