or Connect

Posts by trackster

Definitely agree.  The most forward tees at my course are 5300 yards and rated something like 65/109 and the back tees are 6600 and rated around 72/120.  I played two rounds last year from the most forward tees and shot a 77 and 75 ( my two lowest 18s ever); however, since the course was rated so low I actually shot over my handicap in the 77 round and about right on it in the 75 round.  You would have to shoot -7 to -8 from these tees to play scratch golf.  The problem...
 That's still way to short.  To play courses that are 7000+ effectively (meaning that you can actually reach every par 4 in two shots) you need about 250-275 off the tee at least.  If you are only hitting 200 off the tee then the longest par 4 that you could reach in two shots (driver/3 wood) would be about 385 yards.  Courses that are 7000+ will usually have par 4s that are longer than 450 yards.
 It's about the polar opposite at my home course.  I'm one of a handful of people that I have ever seen play the "tips".  However, the tips at my course are usually only a 15-25 yard difference then the middle tees so it is not that adventurous to play back there.  In fact I think the most common tee box used is the most forward (lots of senior players).  I'm always waiting to run into that guy who shouldn't be playing the tips but I haven't yet. We usually play about just...
 That's great that she wants to play.  From my experience it would be best to wait till she says that she is ready for a round and find a par 3-course for her first round.  I made the mistake of taking my gf to a course with loads of water very early on (not a good idea), but luckily she still likes it and has stayed with it. 
Has there been anything that has statistically proven that "Teeing it forward" actually speeds up play?  I've been slowed up just as many times from people playing the most forward tees as I have from people playing any other tee box.     I've been anti-tee it forward lately as I've been trying to get my friend to move back a tee box mainly because it will require him to have to hit some long irons.  
It pains me but I am going to have to eat my words from earlier in this thread.  I was a huge fan of "The Dan Plan" and I strongly believed that he was going to get at least a scratch handicap out of this ordeal, but now I am highly doubting this.  He is definitely vanity capping (by at least 7-10 strokes).     I will say that at the start of the plan, his methods were much better.  He had daily video logs, club fittings, and a credible coach.  You could actually see the...
I have two, each as equally as embarrassing as the other.   1.  When I first started golfing I was quite the hot head that thought I was "cheating" my self by not playing the tips.  The club house of the course I was playing runs parallel to the first tee box and on one particular tee shot I hit the ball off the heel of my driver and the ball skipped straight left and smoked off the club house.  With no less than about 7-8 groups watching I had  hit one off the clubhouse...
I just played a course recently that was very into teeing it forward.  They even added an extra shorter tee so that men would feel comfortable playing from a more forward tee.  On their scorecard they had a "how far you drive/what tees you should play from chart"  They said that a 250 yard driver should play tees about 5800 and a 275 yard driver would be able to play 6100+.  I think that these numbers were completely insane and were just used to promote people to tee it...
  Did you really just type that?  Flexibility is probably the biggest part of track.  I don't even know how to respond to such an idiotic statement that I have highlighted.  There's reasons why many 85 year old people can still play golf but almost none can still run and flexibility is on the top of this list.   These kind of lists are dumb because all they do is cause pointless debates.  Honestly if I wanted my dad to golf with me he could do it at his age (he might not...
My home course does this exact same thing on one hole and It is stupid/frustrating.  They place the pin on a false front, the ball will only stop if it comes to rest about 1 inch from the hole on the right side.  I had a 15 foot putt for bird coming down the hill into the false front.  I just tapped the ball and it rolled off the front of the green and down into the fairway.  From green to fairway on a putt can make a golfer crazy.