or Connect

Posts by trackster

This is were I struggle the most when trying to keep up with a group in front of me.  I always wait until the group is a ways out (in most cases too far) and it's based on previous experience.  While I know what my averages are, I have had enough experiences of hitting that extra 20-30 yards on a shot to stop me from pulling the trigger on some situations.  One particular case I was 240 out after hitting a pretty sub par drive.  There was a group of 3 on the green and a...
A course marshal doesn't scold you for playing the tips and actually remarks "I see why you play back there."
I think that a good/great golfer is one who rarely "wastes" shots.  I am currently getting back into the game after a year hiatus.  Before this break I was able to shoot in the high 70's on easy courses and low to mid 80's on more challenging courses.  Currently I am now struggling to break 90.  My distances, ball striking, putting etc. seems to be the same as before my break; however, I now have 4-5 "garbage" shots per round where my shot in no way helps me out or...
 Wait.  If you think that the fairway grass is too long and you lose a ball that you think is in the fairway you are going to drop with no penalty?  How can you justify that?  I have played some pretty unkept courses and I have never seen a fairway with grass long enough that you couldn't find a ball on it. I've had many instances where I and/or playing partners have thought that we lost a ball that should be in the fairway and every single time the answer is that the ball...
I find this rule extremely hard to follow in certain situations.  However, as many others have said there is really no other way to handle it.  The ball is lost, thus there is no way to drop and proceed in the general area "you think" that the ball is lost.   With that being said, I will admit that I very rarely go back and re-hit after a lost ball.  However, I also use the appropriate handicap scoring for that hole and have to unfortunately no longer consider that round...
 That is a valid point; however, I don't think transgender people are stoked about having or expressing the anatomy of their biological gender.  From what I was understanding from watching the show, Jazz had not had gender reassignment surgery but was taking hormones.  She was incredibly self conscious about covering up anything that associated her with the male anatomy.  I agree that female to male transgender people who want to compete in male sports will be seen as a...
Dynamic Warm Up   Power cleans: 1x5 @ 95, 1x3 @ 145, 1x3 @ 155 w/ x5 rebound jumps after each set   Bench Press: 1x5 @ 95, 1x3 @ 145, 1x3 @ 155 w/ x5 seated box jumps after each set   Dead Lift: 1x5 @ 135, 2x3 @ 225 w/ x5 altitude drops after each set   Bicep curls and skull crushers to finish
 I completely agree with everything you have stated here.  Very concise and well put.  The part I have bolded is where I think the process with this issue will get tricky.  Compromising is usually something that the transgender cause is trying to avoid (and rightfully so in most instances).  I use to think that the locker room/bathroom situation was a problem; however as I learned more about transgender people I realized that it makes more sense for them to use the locker...
0.5 Up Dynamic Warmup 8x200 @40-45 w/ ~2:30 rest 0.5 Down
I am currently watching a show called "I am Jazz" about a transgender (biologically a boy and identifies as female) youth.   While I am pro about the transgender cause, there is one particular topic that I am very torn on and that is athletics.   Jazz is not allowed to compete in sports with other girls because she was born a male.   I am curious as to what others think on this issue and hope to hear strong arguments for or against it.  As of now I believe that...