or Connect

Posts by Amused

I dumped my MX-25 gap wedge a while ago for a Vokey 52.08 to match my other 2 wedges. I prefer the traditional size of Vokeys over the oversized MX-25s. Having consistency in feel (and look at address) with my wedges is a definite plus for my chips and pitches.
Do long drive competitors count? A few years back I was at my local grass tee range and some long drive competitor hopped into the adjacent tee. I probably wouldn't have noticed anything but he was using very brightly colored shafts (pink, yellow, orange) that caught my eye and the sound of the impacts were heavier and deeper. So, I stepped over and asked him what kind of shafts they were. He said they were Harrison something or another long drive spec. I was like,...
CV I can't stand Kim and agree that he's overhyped...talented, but overhyped. I think McIlroy will be far better, but he's not in this equation.
I didn't realize the Brockton plant shut down. But I'm not surprised. Ultra high end golf shoes seem to be a thing of the past. I would never pay that kind of money for a golf shoe. I do believe in you get what you pay for, but there's a limit. I consider golf shoes a highly disposable product. I tend to buy a new pair every 18 months or so. They're meant to be played hard with, so I don't think tossing that much cash into something that won't last is sound. Plus, with...
I believe Acushnet primarily uses Cobra for the GI/SGI market. The current and new AP1s are about as close to a GI club as Titleist will get in their current/new line up. I think it's smart of them to not get too broad in their offerings and utilize their brands to focus on market. That allows them to remain focused in their target market and save on R&D. As for pricing, here in MA, Titleist prices are fairly consistent and rarely experience markdowns. Maybe it's the...
I bought the S9 for my cousin a couple of years back and he loves them. They really are great irons and can be had in your price range pretty easily. You'll probably dip into the $375 - 425 range if you trade in your current set too. Just make sure you try some more irons before settling on the S9, if that's your choice. You don't want to run into this situation again My buddy who worked his way from a low 20s handicapper to a low single digit handicapper over the past 3...
Mizuno MX-100 and Cobra S9 come to mind.
What helped you to keep the shaft angle down longer until impact? I'm trying to work on that myself. I think being able to see myself swing would help me with keeping my hands in front of the ball at impact.
I've had my best luck with the Titleist Perma-Soft glove in terms of fit and longevity.