or Connect

Posts by B-Con

I agree that's how they were intended. But I thought it had a subtle feel of the homage aspect.Regardless, it looks like they're hoping he'll bring some more popularity to the game.
The PGA Tour's official YouTube channel put out 4 short videos on Tiger Woods recently. I haven't seen them posted yet, so here they are. It seems like the goal was to re-invigorate interest in him (and thus golf) by reminding us of how good he was and the fact that he's picked back up recently while competing against the younger generation of golfers his legacy helped build. But it almost came across with something of a "farewall" vibe, like the homage you pay when a...
In the same place (trying to get a new driver for under $120) and I'm currently eyeing the Ping G15. Also thinking about the Adams Fast 10 and F11. Used good condition for all of those is about $120 or less on eBay.
Balls. Personally, I'd like to see the ball rolled back to about 75% of distance, or so, have courses add more forward tees or get shortened up, put even stricter regulations on club design with regard to distance, and let half the manufacturers go out of business. It's supposed to be a sport, not an arms race. I don't see why equipment needs to keep going farther. Why, so that the courses can then be made longer? What's the point? It won't happen, but in my dream world...
I'd have to agree. They don't really add much by way of visibility. There are a couple areas where I think they are a bit easier to spot, such as sand traps and during late twilight hours, but for most circumstances they're none easier to find and sometimes harder.I don't know why yellow was the color of choice for everyone to branch out to. I closely resembles dead grass and leaves, and thus gets lost in the rough easily, which is the time when you want your ball to...
I don't have exact yardages for my clubs, but from GPS readings and Google Maps confirmed driving range distance markers I have a pretty good idea. LW - 50 GW - 85 PW - 111 9i - 122 8i - 133 7i -144 6i - 155 5i - 166 4h - 180 3h - 190 3w - 215 Driver - 240 Misc thoughts: My rule of thumb is that I have 11 yards between clubs. It's not terribly scientific, but when I did some research on Trackman that's what the pros seemed to have, and I think it produces iron distances...
Well, the catalogs exist...Yeah, so do I.Nice. I wish that were the case for me.
The post before the quoted one was from 2007. The poster bumped a 5 year old thread.
He said he had a tool that was easy and (in the next post) reliable for him to use.I still don't get your complaint. He said that he has the ability to use something. He didn't say that you should throw away everything else.There are two topics: The fact that iacas says he (and others) can read greens with their feet. This has been mentioned. Then there's a bunch of nonsense about throwing away all other techniques and ignoring rules of thumb when they apply in the absence...
DSG used to send out catalogues with coupons for golf stuff every few months. Like 50, 100, or 200 free points, a couple bucks off golf balls or apparel, etc. I haven't gotten any this year. I miss it, because I'd probably save about $30 or so over the season using them. Anyone else still getting them? I'm wondering if they stopped doing it or if they knocked me off their mailing list for purchase inactivity over the fall and winter. I've signed up.again online...