or Connect

Posts by B-Con

I re-read them. I suggest you do too.Again, no. All that was said was that Aimpoint helps you figure out break. Nothing else you asserted about extremes was even casually implied in those posts.Again, what thread are you reading? You're taking extremes that were never meant to be implied.Apparently he does. I don't think I could, but then I have not practiced it or been trained at all, so it's irrelevant.Really, this is the only point worth mentioning in this conversation....
No it wasn't. It was interjected as a way to get better reads. And the rules of thumb were only thrown out when they're taken to non-sensible extremes (or, implicitly, when they contradict information from a reliable source).Again, it wasn't. What thread have you been reading?iacas's original point was that he can read break very accurately through his feet. He claims that it is simple for him to do so. How is this difficult for you to accept?Rules of thumb are just...
Have you tried them both?
Levels are not approved equipment. You can't turn in a score you get while using one. So no. From what I understand you can build a map of greens you frequently play, but it also teaches you how to read greens without requiring a level.There are other AimPoint threads on here if you're interested in learning about the technique. The original post didn't even mention AimPoint, it was only about rules of thumb that get carried too far.
I've fallen back on low-end distance balls before when I was conserving my normal balls. I think I always I regretted it. I just can't stop them nearly as well as a decent mid-priced spinning-oriented ball. Last time I tried a Pinnacle Long because the tee shot was a forced carry of 150ish yards and I was running low on good balls (and not driving well). When I got to the green (a par-5) I approached with a PW. It felt like a great shot, dead on line with good distance. It...
Just started playing some yellow balls. I played both the white and the yellow versions (this year's Srixon Q-Star). I have not noticed a difference in any performance between the colors.
It doesn't help me, but then I never find music helpful for concentrating when I'm doing something out and about in the world.
A lot of people don't like the idea of rules separating the pros from the ametures. I doubt that'll happen soon.
And caddies should make them even faster. No waiting to clean clubs or balls or to juggle headcovers. Caddies can take complimentary reads at the same time as the player. The player can walk as briskly as he'd like free of weight. Etc. Not a monumental time saver, but over a full round a good player-caddie pair might be 10 or 15 minutes better off.I can walk with two others and play a course in 3:45 if we're not waiting. (That was our time last time that situation...
Sure, some clubs from one model might benefit a player over clubs from another model. But the scale is way off for that comparison.Irons, drivers, etc, have detailed specs they have to conform to. Ultimately any difference between clubs comes down to using the clubs the same way while getting a different experience from them. But anchored putters change how the club is actually used, which is very different.That's really the crux of the complaint against anchored putters:...