or Connect

Posts by CT207

I forgot to mention for those not familiar with the Oakley military / government program if you go to this Oakley website:   https://www.oakleysi.com/Page.cfm?id=1&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=g&utm_term=b-us%20standard&utm_content=programlp&utm_campaign=sitelinks&gclid=COib_Ou9kcACFQMMaQodfZUAuw   And if you meet the criteria you will find some very good deals on Oakley products;   "The program is for U.S. active duty military, reserve, military veterans possessing...
I wear these:  http://www.oakley.com/products/5195/17350?cm_mmc=gbase_csfeeds-_-PLA-_-master-_-03-921   They are the Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ with the G30 Iridium golf specific lens.   I love wearing these glasses, they make objects like the golf ball "pop" when looking for them. They really highlight the landscape. Although I normally wear bi-focals these are a single distance only grind. I wouldn't recommend bi-focal / progressive lenses for golf, BTDT with my other...
IMO they are. The 18 holes / cart / and lunch is a good deal. It's not just a hamburger or a hot dog either. I'm a walker but, if I'm there on the "special" I go for it.   Anyways, here's their rates.  http://candlewoodvalleygolf.com/?page_id=117
LOL... yeah, Sunset is narrow, tight and you have to know it well. When I played with my nephew at a course in Greenwich I was shocked at the width of the fairways.LOL   But, for me it's only about 5 miles from home so, I play whenever I want as much as I want. Richter is a nice course and yes, I get the resident rate. I just don't play it that often due to the making a specific tee time as a single. OTOH, Candlewood Valley I usually just show up, check with the starter...
Late starter here, mid 50's around 2006. My daughter was working at the local golf course here and said I should take up golf. She was on her high school golf team at the time and wanted to "do something together" so, I said I'd think about it not knowing my wife had already bought me a set of clubs. Well, the rest is history. 8+ years later and I'm still struggling at this game. LOL I think I should have stayed with competition archery... at least I was good at that and...
Hmmm... You live in New Milford but, play 45+ miles to the south??? You must teach / work down there and knock out 9 or 18 after work.I usually play in at Sunset Hill in Brookfield and occasionally Candlewood Valley in New Milford or Richter Park in Danbury. Welcome to the forum.
FWIW... I been making purchases from 3 Balls since around 2007.  Over the years this includes 2 sets of irons, fairway woods, drivers, and putters for same as well as several other drivers and associated items. I never encountered a credit card problem whatsoever in probably a couple of dozen transactions.    1. I'm curious to know if these were online credit card purchases or ones done over the phone?   2. Was the "home address" different than the "ship to"...
I know I couldn't wear that jacket... I can hear the comments now..... "Oooohh look, a Panda"
Thanks for the compliment.. Nah, I don't need a seat, we move along fairly quick and I'd be wasting time deploying it and putting it back. Plus, my playing partners and most of the other club members would make fun of me for using it and I'd probably pick up a new moniker. LOLMost courses around here don't allow coolers but, I can store 4 bottles of water in the insulated pocket of my bag and carry two in the holders on the cart. For those hot days I freeze two or three to...
I love my ClicGear cart.  I bought 2 of them and my daughter uses the orange one. Anyway, mine probably has about 1,000 miles in it without any issues, Some items began to show a little wear due to age and use, nothing that would make it nonfunctional but, I decided to "pimp my cart". I installed new grips, a steering knob that screws into the umbrella mount (This does make it even easier to maneuver) and I installed matching colored wheels...