or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by NotAStick

I'm guessing you play the ball pretty far back in your stance.  It makes sense that you can still hit it even if the bottom of your swing is 6 inches in front of the ball, provided you hit down at the right spot.   It's definitely unconventional, but if it's consistent, I guess more power to ya.  I'm sure it's easy for you to get it out of the rough with that style shot.
Yeap!  Make sure the "half swings" come from your shoulders rather than your hands and pretty soon these proper-technique half swings will out-drive your old full swings, I would wager.
I call BS.Your perception of their game is meaningless. I would bet I could go out and hit more GIR than Phil Michelson 5% of the time, but I'd be willing to bet he would still beat me. There are subtle aspects to a player's game that may not be visible, but make a substantial difference. I've caddied for tour players and played with tour players and I've even beat a few mini-tour players, but my game doesn't even hold a candle to theirs. Not even close. Just...
It's about allowing you to compete with other players. If you have a good day (about as good as your top 20%), you should shoot a net even par (score minus handicap). Bad days (the other 80%) you should shoot over par.
Congrats! Been playing for over 20 years and competitively for almost 15 and have never had one. Many many eagles, no aces. I've actually been closer to the albatross than an ace. Crazy. Maybe soon?
Well, I was watching the tournament today. The 18th hole, Tiger plays "conservative" and hits 3 wood, 318 yards down the middle. That distance is incredible. There is no shot under 240 yards I've ever seen Tiger hit that I don't think I could replicate (surely, not as consistently, nor even often on some of his better)- but the point is that the distance and accuracy from the tee made me feel inspired. I spent 3 hours on the range today, grooving a swing with my short...
I have occassionally had problems with this. I love playing with single digit handicappers. I also find that playing with someone better than me tends to elevate my game. When I play with someone who is always digging in the weeds, the pace and focus really throws me off. I also dislike playing alone because I tend to lose focus and hit lots of shots, expecting perfection. This is something I have to work on, but I expect perfection and when I don't hit it perfect, I...
Just to clarify and reiterate. There is no dropping the ball unless you can positively identify it in a hazard and/or are certain you know where it crossed the hazard line. OB and lost balls are not hazards and both have to be re-played from the tee. A provisional for any ball that is very far off the tee is a good idea. An added bonus is that you don't have to leave the hole with a poor stroke in your mind. even if you find your original, you get a second try to hit...
There are something like 80 in the Greater Denver area, extending from Ft. Collins to Castle Rock and the front range. But of those, there are maybe 20-30 that are real championship courses. There's a good nubmer of executive and dinky municipals. They're nice to have for a cheap, quick circle.
In good springy grass with soft earth, the tee often flies out of the ground. But in tougher dirt (which is common here), my tees often break. Each driver is different, but most modern heads get best distance and best launch/spin characteristics if you hit it in the top 1/3 of the club face. That means that the crown of the tee will hit the club face, usually right at the bottom 1/3 point or so. I can often see the tee mark on that spot on the face. When I hit...
New Posts  All Forums: