or Connect

Posts by upah

This isn't personal experience, so take it for what its worth, but I have a friend who hits clubs like you. He airmailed a green from 180 with his PW. His long iron strikes look like a wedge swing. I want to say his 4i goes about 230-240ish, as he takes monster divots and delofts the club quite a bit with even his long irons. His ballflight obviously starts really low but the dramatic downward strike creates a lot of spin which causes a ballooning effect. I would say...
That's where I got the background. Has anyone played both shafts in the same flex that can testify whether or not the ballflight will be higher with the SL?
Ok, c*%k measuring aside, I have some answers for you. Keep in mind, there is no standard governing what qualifies as a "stiff" versus an "extra stiff" shaft. Some "stiff" shafts play stiffer that others in an "X-flex". Generally speaking, heavier, boardier shafts decrease your launch angle. This can be good for hitters losing distance due to ballooning, but bad for hitters with already ideal launch conditions as it leads to distance loss. I personally had a similar...
I recently became aware that the shafts in my irons are really heavy, comparatively speaking. I play DG S300 now and settled on them versus the PX 5.5 because I like the lower (again, relatively) ballflight they give me. Relative to some of my playing partners, I feel that my irons weigh maybe 20-30% more. On to the question: who has experience with the SL series? Do they play the same, only lighter? Or will my ballflight increase? I wouldn't mind the extra...
Sounds like my old polo instructor...
Keep the pin in?
I agree. I think they look cheap.
I gotcha. Is there terminology for this or am I misusing the term 'lie angle'?
Ok, I understand what you're saying, but the lie angle as defined by every source I can find online doesn't change based on the shaft length. The lie angle is defined as the angle between sides B and C of your triangle as determined by the club, not the golfer. The OP wants a shorter club and a flatter lie angle. Making the club shorter will not change the angle created by the sole of the club and the shaft, but rather the dynamic angle of the face (maybe there's a term...
Just the opposite, I leave my wedges in the stand side for both walking and riding rounds. It's not a big deal to have to reach around the woods to grab irons from the cart and I don't want my irons click-clacking all over my graphite wood shafts when I walk.