or Connect

Posts by NativeTxn

Might also try: http://www.clubfinders.com/index.shtml
I'm not sure where they ever say that their product PERFORMS BETTER - it says "Compare features and performance to ____". It never says that it performs better (or at least I couldn't find such a statement) - it simply says compare. That being said, Pinemeadow does state that they provide a BETTER VALUE. There are two sides to that coin - one says that you can pay more for something that is higher quality and it should theoretically last longer; therefore, providing a...
By all means that is your choice, and I certainly respect your opinion on the matter.As you can see from my sig, I've only got one clone, and other than that hybrid, I don't use them. However, I still see absolutely nothing wrong with someone who wants to play them, and I never will.I've really never read a truly cogent argument as to why clones are bad. Sure there are negatives to them, but there are positives too - just like anything in life.I've heard people say...
I've never really said anything on the other "clone debate" threads, so I'll just throw my opinions out on this one. To me there is nothing wrong with clones. However, everything is wrong with counterfeits. Pinemeadow and GigaGolf are not trying to fool you into thinking that the clubs they are selling are actually Ping, Callaway, Taylormade, etc. It is VERY clear that they are not - i.e. the clones definitely resemble the brand name clubs, and it is often very easy to...
You can try this link: http://www.pga.com/profinder/ It won't necessarily tell you who you will work with, or learn from, the best (only meeting them and going through at least one lesson with them would do that), but it will at least give you a list of pros in your area to start working from.
I am aware of who Ralph Maltby is, and I am quite familiar with his MPF Ratings. And obviously I respect the fact that he has been involved in the "golf world" FAR longer, and in a far different capacity, than I have. That being said, not only does he state that increased offset only provides marginal help, I also have to take with a grain of salt the statement of a man whose own Playability Factor rated the TM R9 at a 97 (which from the MPF Ratings he has put out over...
I don't care what you believe or who you believe (including me) - but I'm also not the only one that thinks the claim that offset gives you extra time to square the club face is a BS. All I'm saying is use some common sense and don't just accept something as true because you found it on the internet (Google included).And I think if you actually thought about the idea that a few millimeters of offset is going to make a difference on squaring the face when swinging a golf...
1) Ah yes, the old "if it's on the internet, it must be true." 2) Just because I have a high handicap (because I started playing less than a year ago), doesn't mean I don't have common sense or an understand of physics. 3) It'd be like arguing that a baseball player moving an inch back in the batter's box gives them "extra time" to hit a pitch. When things are moving that fast (e.g. a golf club head moving at 75+ MPH), that small amount of distance (i.e. offset of a...
Offset has nothing to do with extra time to square the club face at impact. Not sure where that originated from, but it is incorrect. I've seen plenty of other posts where people have emailed the club manufacturers and someone in customer service simply copied the standard reply, which included a statement that it gives you more time to square the face. But think about - trying to make the argument that a few millimeters of offset are going to give you "extra time" to...
For my face, ears and neck, I use Neutrogena Age Shield Face Sunblock (I have 70 SPF right now, but it comes in a range of SPFs). It's specifically designed for your face, so it's not greasy, and I've never had to reapply it even when I'm outside for a while. You can get it at any Walmart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. For other exposed areas I typically use Bullfrog - usually use spray because (1) easier to apply in the first place, and (2) I don't have to worry about cleaning...