or Connect

Posts by oregongolfguy

I don't shoot in the 70's often, but I have a few times.  And I can tell you exactly what the difference was for me.  Every round that I have shot in the 70's I hit my driver above my average.  I was hitting further and more on line then normal leaving me shorter shorts in better position to attack the greens.  And I was hitting my short irons/wedges better then normal.  Both of these equaled more GIR which lead to a fairly easy day around the greens, a whole bunch of pars...
Just got done reading the book. I thought it was excellent. I was a little worried about how much content would be new to me being a member of this site. But there was plenty of new information. Well written. I'm excited to get my game plan put together. I also liked the little blurb on tournament prep as I am planning on joining a men's club and playing in tournaments for the first time this year. There was alot of things that after I read it I thought it was...
#1 - I would work on posture and key 1 first.   2 - Feet don't look to be flared, back is very ridged/straight.  Can't see everything from dtl view, and camera is shaky, but head looks to be dipping in the backswing and going up and away in the downswing through impact.  It seems to me, reading a lot of threads here and watching video's etc that head still really helps solve a lot of different swing issue's.  There is only so many things the body can do to swing a golf...
I may be wrong on this so I apologize in advance as I don't know a lot about the hole.  But looking at a couple of pictures of it on line was there a option of "laying up" up to the right of the water setting up a pitch or chip from there for a 3rd shot is he wasn't totally committed to attacking the flag in two?
Assuming that we are playing from the white or blue tee's there is too much trouble and too far carry for me to go at it in 2.  I'm going to lay up as close to the water as I comfortably can, from the looks of the picture probably left edge if I can manage, then pitch to the green.
I Now live by a pretty simple mantra on Par 5's.....and golf in general.  I am going to advance the ball as far as I can on every shot while keeping trouble out of play as much as possible.....     As an example the 3 par 5's on the course I used to play a lot.....First one the green slopes severly back to front.  No real close trouble per say except that I don't want to be long of the green, or above the hole if possible.  Its also very short.  So its basically always a...
 Some of you guys have me a bit worried.  I have a older version of the tours, and I absolutely love them.  But, a little hot in the summer so I have been thinking of getting some sensei's.  But all of this talk everywhere about the toe box being narrower has me a bit worried.  The reason why I am such a true fan is because of the extra wide toe box and being wide through the arch area.  Really the only pair of gold shoes that I have ever owned that were truly...
MP-64's are a cavity back, not a muscle back to start.....The obvious choice would be MP 63 or MP 62's as the 64's are just a refinement of these two.  I would say that any companies players cavity back iron should look and play fairly similar...say titleist 710 or 712 CB's, Nike Pro combo's or split cavities, bridgestone j36/38 CB's,
I hit a 6 iron from just over 170 to the middle of the green.  Played a high fade trying to go around/over a tree guarding the green.  Hit the ball pretty much exactly like I imagined.  And I don't hit all that many greens from that far out so I was pretty happy....Tied with a 9 iron I hit on a par 3 from 145 slightly down hill.  Hit a beautiful monster high tight draw to the back third of the green.  High draw is something that I have been working on at the range, but...
I think that decent to good + golfers can, but will probably still miss more then half the time....I have improved enough with my iron play to get to a single digit cap....I will still miss the green from 150 more then half the time I think...But I'm not going to miss by much most of the time, and I probably will leave myself in a good spot to get up and down from...