or Connect

Posts by oregongolfguy

Some of you guys have me a bit worried.  I have a older version of the tours, and I absolutely love them.  But, a little hot in the summer so I have been thinking of getting some sensei's.  But all of this talk everywhere about the toe box being narrower has me a bit worried.  The reason why I am such a true fan is because of the extra wide toe box and being wide through the arch area.  Really the only pair of gold shoes that I have ever owned that were truly...
MP-64's are a cavity back, not a muscle back to start.....The obvious choice would be MP 63 or MP 62's as the 64's are just a refinement of these two.  I would say that any companies players cavity back iron should look and play fairly similar...say titleist 710 or 712 CB's, Nike Pro combo's or split cavities, bridgestone j36/38 CB's,
I hit a 6 iron from just over 170 to the middle of the green.  Played a high fade trying to go around/over a tree guarding the green.  Hit the ball pretty much exactly like I imagined.  And I don't hit all that many greens from that far out so I was pretty happy....Tied with a 9 iron I hit on a par 3 from 145 slightly down hill.  Hit a beautiful monster high tight draw to the back third of the green.  High draw is something that I have been working on at the range, but...
I think that decent to good + golfers can, but will probably still miss more then half the time....I have improved enough with my iron play to get to a single digit cap....I will still miss the green from 150 more then half the time I think...But I'm not going to miss by much most of the time, and I probably will leave myself in a good spot to get up and down from...
Pretty much covered by everybody...Be friendly, big smile, Be mindful of when people are hitting shots not to distract them by driving up to them are driving around etc.  stop, wait, then move on.  People are more apt to buy things in between holes rather then playing in the middle of a hole.     One of the courses I often play at has in my mind a amazingly good cart girl.  She has learned very well when to stay out of sight during shot making and when to approach.  She...
My home course is very short, pretty wide open....i would think that i would be right around par with a decent wedge day. I think that there would be alot of pars, a couple bogies and a couple birdies..
Just like watching a car wreck....the golf was so bad...yet you can't turn away either.....
And....tiger looked like me today...big fat shots multiple times...some really weird bunker shots.....And.......the big grimace after a tee shot and as I am watching right now he is in big pain and withdrawing....Man, it looks like he can barely sit.....     Honestly, I never thought that I would say this...but he can't be on the ryder cup team can he????  I have always just assumed he would be there because he is tiger woods and he is too big of a name to the game to...
I think that I agree in that ball striking ability, shaft length and shaft weight make a much bigger difference then shaft flex.  Having said that I think shaft flex or flex profile can play a pretty big role as well.  I only watched the first video, but it would be interesting to see a graph of the flex profile of the tp speeder in s and x.  It is quite possible, especially in a made for shaft, that there may not be much of a difference because they were manufactured to...
Tiger as the absolute, overly dominate player on tour is over in my opinion.  I don't think that he will overwhelmingly dominate like he did earlier in his career, and probably more then any other reason because it does not appear that he has the mental edge that he used to have over the field any more.    At his best he could do things that nobody else on the course could do.  Now there are other players that can do things on the course that he seemingly cannot do.    I...