or Connect

Posts by oregongolfguy

Based on hitting range balls at the range and then hitting a bunch of regular balls on the same range at least the one range I frequent I would say the range balls were flying about 10% shorter across the board...   A second range that I sometimes goes to the distances seem to be pretty much the same.
I have no idea if this is the "right" approach or not, and its probably pretty individual....when I get into the situation where I am waiting on my next shot I actually kind of turn my mind off a bit from the shot at hand.  I look around the course, breathe in the fresh air, get a drink of water, enjoy the fact that I am out golfing and not doing something else, maybe enjoy a bit of conversation with a fellow player....then when its my turn I go into my routine for making...
Could be.  I am not expert.  I just did a little research and reading up on it.  It seems that it was really pushed to have a full fescue course.  But its not something done much at all in the U.S.  and the Poa is very prevalent here.  From the reading I did it probably would have made a lot more practical sense to just go poa annua or go with a bentgrass....but they were going for the links golf gusto.  The area is also way behind normal as far as precipitation for the...
I have never been very good at predicting the future....But I think I will take Rory on the basis that he has the ability to turn on the jets in a way that most can't.
On the course the only difference that I see is on or close to the greens.  some balls feel different then others coming off the putter face.  And the tour/urethane skinned balls seem to spin a bit more for me on short approach shots and around the greens.  Doesn't make it better or worse, just play different.     I haven't noticed a difference on full iron shots, driver etc between different balls besides the feel.  But I don't hit it exactly perfect every time...
I do think that people get obsessed with trying to find optimal numbers instead of what they should be doing which is finding a driver that is the most playable for them.   I am currently playing a mizuno mp 600 driver.  It is a pretty low spin driver, and not very forgiving.  By best strikes with it are really, really good.  But slight mishits are really not good.  I played a round of golf with a different driver a few weeks ago.  My best strikes didn't go quite as far,...
If I don't make a good turn then I often either hit off the heel or hit a hosel burner.....
I was B-fit for Bridgestone B330-S Golf Balls.   Henrik Stenson -15 Jimmy Walker -14 Kevin Na -13
  I think that if people go back and look at past us opens players and people complain pretty much at every us open.  The rough is too deep, the greens are too fast, too severe slope, no landing spots, too many trees, not enough trees, too green, too brown etc etc etc....      WInged foot was too fast and too hard, congressional was too soft and too easy, Pinehurst had impossible gimmicky domed greens,.........     USGA purposely sets up the us open to play around par...
I own the original taylormade ATV wedges.  Personally after testing out multiple other wedges I really don't like them at all.  Now I can hit plenty of good shots with them but I really have to be much more exacting with them.   To my eye they have a really wide sole, but not a lot of visible bounce.  The leading edge really likes to dig easily for me, and the flip side is the lack of bounce lets me slide the club under the ball too much either.  I'm sure that technique...