or Connect

Posts by oregongolfguy

yeah....Don't have to remind me on this.  Its sometimes amazing how your muscle memory just drops back into old routines.  Frustrating at times actually.  I have a funny feeling that there are multiple things in my golf swing that will be constant work to try to keep at least relatively not bad.  And without a camera don't even realize it.   I was working on driver last week, felt pretty good on slow practice etc, sped it up a bit, still doing ok, then some slices came...
  I noticed on a couple of different threads some talk about using or not using all the clubs in the bag while playing, or on certain courses.   For myself I have never really thought about it much.  I just play the course.  But recently I have paid a bit more attention and pulled my 3 iron out of my bag because I only really hit it once every couple rounds at most.  I could probably pull my 4 iron also without much of a problem as it really only gets play most of the...
I always hit some balls before I tee off.  Get the muscles warmed up.  Get some positive mojo of feeling some good ball strikes. 
I agree that short par 4's can be fun.  But honestly I never really go for the green off the tee on one.  I used to play a really short, nice course.  It had two drivable par 4's.  One was a sharp dogleg left with fairly tall pine tree's and a ravine that the hole curved around.  From the tee box you can see green almost 90 degrees to the left.  It was 210 carry to get past the fence guarding the ravine.  But long was in impossible nasty rocks and weeds.  You had about...
More then 5. The majority of the work goes to the 3H, putter, sand wedge and lob wedge. I will roll the ball with putter or hybrid whenever possible. My misses are just soo much better with that option.
  Each of us are a little different on what the most important part of our game is to scoring.  The easiest one to improve quickly in my mind is putting if its a weakness.  You should be able to shore up the putting to where you average 2 putt or less fairly simply relative to other parts of the game...   I would also look at your course management, especially around the greens.  I always look to the putter as first option off the green.  I can at least give myself a shot...
Be respectful to the course and the people on it.  Keep pace with the group in front of you.....After that, I don't care what tee's people play from. 
I wouldn't say that he can't win another major.  But at least for the time being I would lump him in with a group of other players that "could" win a major.  And probably not the very top group.  That's really the difference.  If I was to guess Tiger is going to be just one of the many very good players on tour, not one of the Greats...Not a top pic...but a guy that will be around and could get hot and make it happen....hmm....feels weird just typing it.
I'm excited.  I am actually going to look into how to go watch practice rounds.  Big events like this don't happen every day in the pacnw.  As a Phil fan I will be rooting hard for him to come through, although I wouldn't put money on it.  After that I just hope for a solid tournament and I enjoy watching the "younger" generation running and gunning out there.
Solid performance by Tiger....Don't think you could really ask for much more out of him....I don't think he will ever be the "tiger" that we all think of...but he can definitely still be a guy towards the top with a chance...