or Connect

Posts by oregongolfguy

7 degrees loft difference could explain 20+yds distance between your pitch and gap wedge pretty easily.  DG spinners are known to launch high with a lot of spin.  And it doesn't take much to add a little loft to a wedge and sky ball it.  I know I fight that at times with my sand wedge.
Assuming that the very back seat of the van is removable.  Getting a 12 passenger and pulling rear seats should provide plenty of room for clubs and luggage.  And would no doubt be the cheaper option.  I don't have any experience flying with clubs.  But I would think that you would need to rent at least a mid sized 4 door car to fit clubs and luggage for 2 people correct?  But I do see the point of possibly hanging around the airport for half a day waiting on everyone to...
I guess I never really thought about it.  But I updated it...especially since my forum name no longer jives with my location...
We ended up in 3rd place alone. We actually went backwards 4 strokes, but almost every team went at least 6 worse today. Heavy wind and they jammed pretty much every pin in a corner behind a bunker, on a tiny shelf etc.
I have 1. A older pair of true tours. If anyone can find me a pair of pre 2014 in size 13 new or used i will buy more. The 2014 models did not fit at all for me. And havent seen the 2015 yet....
Playing in my first ever mens club event this weekend. Its a 4 person scramble with a few twists... They call it a a-b-c-d scramble. Teams are built by handicap. So the lowest handicap player.. the 1a player has the highest cap from the b,c and d flights on his team etc. Kinda evens out the field a bit. You also have to use each players drive 4 times. Two day event. I am the a player on our team. We shot 63 today which was good for tied 3rd today.
Official handicap now for the first time in my life.  7.3.  But I am sure its going to bounce around a lot until I get more rounds in....
Totally agreeing with this.  I haven't heard or read much about anyone considering Poulter a top 10 golfer or something like that.  He is a good golfer, He doesn't play a huge schedule on the PGA.  He makes the cut the vast majority of the time.  Lots of top 25's.  Does a little better in Europe...Just a solid but not spectacular player....who loves the ryder cup. 
  My Name is Michael Wilson.  I am 33 yrs old and contradict my forum name now as I reside in Washington.  I learned how to play golf when I was in high school.  Played sporadically up until about 4yrs ago when I decided that I wanted to try to play more, get better and see how good I could get.  Made some good improvements but maxed out shooting in the high 80's-low 90's.  After becoming more involved in this website I started to get better again.   I joined a men's club...
last years srixon z-star balls were on sale for $28 a dozen so I snagged some up.