or Connect

Posts by Travtex

My go-to club around the green is my 58*, and I'm much more confident with it than anything simply because I spent a year with it in my yard hitting thousands of various chips and pitches.   Now, I do -try- to change things up a bit depending on how much roll I have between myself in the hole.  I know the one club system is supposed to be 'Beginner's Mistake' territory.    But... I don't have great results with other clubs.  It's just a matter of practice, of...
Hey guys, weird experience/question:   I switched to graphite shafts recently to counter some elbow tendonitis (Works wonders, by the way).  Ordered a set of Di9's, and now that I'm starting to get used to them I'm finding myself flying WAY past the green.   Went from a dead-on straight shot with high trajectory (Maybe ballooning) to a lower, looping draw.  Even adjusting for the differences in lofts, I've picked up around fifteen yards.  Made for an ugly round,...
Google 'eye dominance golf' or something along those lines, and you'll be reading for a while.  I do the same thing, though the mirror image version -- I golf left-handed, and I'm right-eye dominant.
On board.
Fayetteville, Arkansas.  Most if not all of the teaching pros are absorbed by the University.  (It's kind of a pain when the standard recommendation to any question is 'Get a Lesson', since I've yet to find an instructor that uses video... while telling me how 'Aggressively Rolling Hands at Impact' will cure my driver push)   Anyway, I don't really have the budget to go make a Project out of it and fly to Kansas City/Dallas/Wherever... and, like you say, I realized the...
Well, I went and got a fitting today and while I can probably find something to do with the information gained it wasn't a particularly helpful experience.   At the end of the day, the dude told me I needed stiff flex irons and regular flex driver... Though I have my questions about the monitor.  It had me popping a 6i with a club head speed of about 80 mph (I think the average was 77).  Best was 82mph for 198 yards.    But my DRIVER club head speed was averaging...
Unsolicited Update:   Backswing work... I'm not sure.  When I try not to go too flat, I seem to immediately overcompensate and go full Furyk steep.  Not sure if that's better or worse, heh.
I have a huge problem making good contact with "slow" or "controlled" swings, myself.  My natural tempo is pretty fast and aggressive (Talk too fast, walk too fast, swing too fast), so slowing things down really messes with my timing while being intended to improve it.   Far as lag and impact position (One of those all-too-rare areas I'm not so horrible at), the only thought that -ever- worked for me was keying on the trailing elbow and getting it to my hip/side --...
I got into golf because my wife was tired of me injuring myself regularly with MMA and Kali stuff.  I think she regrets it, now, because I have a bit of an obsessive personality.  Amusingly, I injured my shoulder within a week of quitting martial arts and taking up daily golf practice.   Anyway, yeah -- I've screwed up my left knee, left shoulder, both elbows, broken my right hand, separated some ribs, torn my sacroiliac joint, broken both radius and ulna left wrist...
Been more than a year since I've gotten some swing video.    Pretty horrified, although my ball flight/contact have never been better. *heh*  Current list of things to work on are getting my posture a bit more upright and not taking the club back so wildly inside.  At first glance, I like my impact position... Just looks like way too much work to get there, inconsistently.   Thanks, all!