or Connect

Posts by watty

Thanks for the input, guys. I will keep this thread updated periodically.  
I just signed up on the monthly plan and did my first upload. Ready to take advantage of all the knowledge these guys possess. Iacas, you and others are doing good work. I look forward to improving with y'all's help.  
  I've been Playing Golf for:​ several years My current handicap index or average score is: 15 index, but it's on the rise. Been shooting around 100 lately. For a while I was down to a 12, shooting in the 80s often, but with a flawed swing. I've since been working on fixing it but have been all over the place in the process. My typical ball flight is: right now I'm so all over the map I don't even have a "typical," but I've always been a slicer The shot I hate or...
Any help would be appreciated. I am doing this weird reverse pivot thing and can't stop. Ever since I started trying S&T, I've ingrained this bad habit. I've followed things here and am impressed with the whole 5SK direction. Anyway, I apologize, I don't have a swing video just yet, but basically, my butt swings out toward the target on my backswing, and then often reverses course on the downswing. As you can imagine, I have lots of issues then.    Is there any help...
I recently played golf with an old doctor in central Texas. He told me a great story about Arnold Palmer. When this doctor was a senior in high school in 1962 (IIRC), he was a huge Palmer fan. So, he sent him an invitation to his high school graduation. Mr. Palmer wrote back, apologizing for the fact that he wouldn't be able to attend but wished the future doctor good luck and also autographed the invitation. So, flash forward to 2009, this doctor was a member of a...
dak- we have a love/hate relationship, haha... But lately he's been arguing with me over ridiculous stuff that he's completely wrong on, sometimes even crazy stuff like mathematical laws that are indisputable. I think there's something else going on but that's another discussion. :) Anyway, he talks out of his ass a lot but on this one, I just wondered if there was some kind of proof I could show him. I didn't know if they had done a sports science thing or if any...
In my experience at least 90% of the golfers I have ever been around keep their score incorrectly and/or "cheat" by improving their lies or taking gimmes, or all of the above. It's amazing how few people actually shoot what they claim they shoot.
I was showing my buddy (who thinks he knows everything) the Mickelson shot off the cart path. He was claiming that it was a lucky shot, and of course, knowing golf, I pointed out that for a guy like Mickelson, it wasn't luck. It was skill and he was confident in his ability to hit that shot. So my buddy asks how many times out of 10 would Mickelson hit a decent shot onto the green, and I said 10. And out of 100, I said, probably 97 or 98 would be on the green. Maybe 2 or...
Cool.    I have played the Black 3 times. Once was two years ago, about a month after the Open. Then we played it again twice last summer. COMPLETELY different course from one year to the next. The year of the Open, the greens were perfect and the rough was unbelievable and the fairways were the softest I've ever seen. The following year, it was still amazing but you could tell they weren't spending the time and money that they had in the previous year. The rough was...
ttt