or Connect

Posts by DarkPrince

Just got an email that Geneva National will be opening tomorrow. Kind of surprising to me though that the Lake Geneva courses are opening before even the local muni's considering they have hundreds of thousands of dollars more invested in upkeep but it's $39 for 18 holes (normally over $100 unless you find a deal) with a cart through April 17th. I've only played there twice in my life (Palmer and Trevino) but that's not a bad deal to play some pretty nice courses.
Seeing that he is coming out on Oprah, to me it seems like he's probably going to try and twist it into a sob story about how he was...forced or coerced into it. Again not to take away from the whole cancer survivor thing, but according to rumors and former team mates he's been doing it even before the cancer.  My dad brought up a point today though. It doesn't matter whether he admits to being guilty (since everyone knows it anyway), it's not coming clean until he comes...
Nice! I wish my home course were a bit more photogenic, the only way I made mine more interesting was waiting until sunset or shooting using only Infrared light :P  I've been dabbling in off camera flash/portraits lately so here are 2 experiments :P First is the daughter of a photographer I may become an assistant for soon, and second is just a horrible self portrait :P    
  So far I feel that the 3 most important things to understand really are: -The Exposure Triangle of ISO, Aperture (FStop), and Shutterspeed, how they are related and their effects on each other. -Understanding the effect of Aperture, Lens Focal Length, and Distance to subject on Depth of Field.  -Learning what your lens can and cannot do. IE Optimum Sharpness, Focal Length/Zoom amount, maximum and minimum aperture. (The secret 4th thing is learning how to combat G.A.S....
My old high school did fireworks after the homecoming game tonight. I managed to get home from work before they launched but really had no idea when it would happen. Settled down to watch DVR'd coverage of the Ryder Cup and they just start launching them like crazy. I only had enough time to get the tripod out, couldn't change the lens to anything wider due to street lights, and was fighting the damn autofocus because I couldn't turn it off quickly enough. Only got 3...
  Thanks, you gave us a place to do it though lol, so thank YOU :P I haven't been doing much due to working a ton but a few for fun .      
Just posted a series of images from the vacation I just got back from in Door County, Wisconsin (first vaca in like 8 years) over at pentax forums, here are a few images but the rest will be up HERE.                
  Haha yeah, he had JUST stopped playing dead and was opening his eyes and just glaring at me. Eventually it started getting lively and crawling around the cart, falling off of it, climbing into my camera bag..etc  But yeah he doesn't look too happy atm.
I was putting out on a hole when I realized there was something rather big inside of it. Turns out there was a baby snapping turtle stuck in the cup because the walls were too tall and slick for it to climb out. I got the little bugger out (and tapped in for par of course lol) and I always have my camera bag on me when I play so I had a little fun with it. I turned around to put it back down in a safer spot and it's equally little sibling had been walking across the...
  This is definitely an overlooked point. My boss at work is one of the idiots that feels that given enough time, patience, and dedication one can master any simple sport. He feels that if you just swam over and over and over for years of course you'd be good and be pro. Or if you just ride a bike for a long time, eventually you would be good enough to go pro. He also conveniently ignores his logic when it comes to his babies like basketball and football, and golf. He...