or Connect

Posts by Greg

Im a high handicapper and although i havent had any eagles yet, ive had 2 eagle putts in the last 2 months or so. I drove a short par 4(about 245 yards) and reached another short par 5(452 yards) with a great drive and 7 iron and in both cases 2 putted for birdie. I almost chipped in on another short par 5 earlier this year, came up about 20 yards short on my 2nd and chipped to inside a foot. The courses around here arent long and it helps having par 5's under 500...
Mine happened yesterday morning at Mcleansboro Golf Club in Mcleansboro, IL. Hole 6, 452 yard par 5. From the elevated tee(which is not usually used on this hole) and with about a 10 mph wind at my back, i hit my longest drive ever, about 290 yards and only had about 160 left for my 2nd shot. Hit a flush 7 iron to the right side of the green, first ever par 5 reached in 2. Almost messed it up by leaving eagle putt about 5 feet short but made the birdie. I guess i...
If you only hit shots on the range where you could control all the variables it would be a lot easier or on a simulator. Just simply addressing the ball exactly the same each time is hard to do if you think about it, its an inexact science done visually. A fraction of an inch toward the heel or toe and boom bad shot, even if you made the best swing you could personally make, maybe not so much with driver but matters more with the shorter clubs. And on the same plane...
the pros on tv make it look easy. I never thought it was easy even before i started playing but it has proven to be difficult to stay consistent. Hitting good shots one day and and looking like a decent player and shanking them the next. Golf requires so much precision to hit accurate shots that im surprised i ever hit good shots. Just a fraction of an inch off is the difference of a nice straight beautiful lofted iron shot and one that goes straight right into the...
Something new must be about to come out
the only thing i dont like about the show is that the challenges arent explained very well, esp in the first show, i assumed the distance was 30 yards on the chip shots but i dont think they ever said. Same on some of the other challenges as well, i wasnt sure of the distance. Cant wait to see the next show though with Greg Norman on it. Id like to see the girls actually play some holes in elimination but I guess that will come later on in the show.
I missed 2, though i think some of the questions could have had more than one right answer
looks like youve already got a 5 hybrid, not sure why you would need a 5 iron too. That 5 hybrid is going to be much easier to hit, given your listed handicap.
We have these things called cars here where i live, no subways. Only thing underground is probably some moles tearing the crap out of your yard. I guess in big cities people use public transportation, i dont think it even exists here. You have no control over what anyone else does when you get on there. The fact that you're a kid means you'll get no respect from anyone, thats just how many people are. Some people just arent suitable for anything more than alligator...
Wet conditions are the toughest for me, my misses with my irons are usually fat shots and wet conditions make the ball sit down more, making it ever easier to hit them fat. Ill lift, clean and place if theres mud in the fairway. Excessive wind(15 mph+) makes for a less than fun day as well. Hot and humid make it less comfortable but it was very hot last sunday when i played and I actually did pretty good and it scares a lot of people off so the courses arent nearly as...