or Connect

Posts by Greg

im lucky to get 1-2 pars every 9, make mostly bogeys and always end up having a terrible hole where i make an 8 or something. I dont play 18 that often, usually just 9, the best i ever did for 9 holes was a 42(+6) with 3 pars, a birdie, 4 bogeys, and one triple, ironically the triple coming on the first hole, somehow i recovered after that and only shot +3 for the last 8 holes. My best 18 hole score was I think a 94, and that was on a par 70 course.
The Lakers are the better team, thats obvious. Ray Allen being fatigued, give me a break, they dont play back to back games in the finals, quit acting like a little girl. If the Lakers play at least somewhat good, they will win the next 2, their talent level is so much better than Boston. Kobe played poorly in the 4th quarter of game 2, thats why the Lakers lost that one. He got into rare foul trouble and just wasnt on the floor enough to make his normal...
I only recall recently seeing a cart girl at any course ive ever played at and I think it was because it was the memorial weekend and business was greater. She was pretty cute but I didnt buy anything, i usually bring my own cooler with either gatorade or water in it, never have consumed alcohol while playing as I dont very often anyway and Im sure would not be beneficial to my game. I dont mind a nice distraction once in a while but its just not something i normally see...
I only use a tee if im hitting my 3 wood or driver on a par 4. I used to use a broken tee on par 3's with an iron but now i dont see the point. I would hit a poor iron shot if i use a tee. Ill find the best patch of grass to put the ball on(avoid the already present divots, even moving the ball back a foot or 2 if need be). Ive gotten pretty good at picking the ball cleanly lately with my irons, using a tee causes me to hit my irons thin and make a terrible shot. Use...
I like that idea, taking the cart keys, especially if the other group was drunk, it would take them so long to figure out what to do that you wouldnt see them again. Ill remember that in case I have a similar problem in the future, its always more fun to outsmart someone. If they're electric carts, i would have lifted the seat and disconnected the battery, they would never figure that one out, they would just think the cart went dead.
If someone is hitting the ball that much farther than me and I was holding them up, id certainly let them play through, as im sure they were playing from much shorter tees than you were and you were still ahead of them. If they were that slow, a few more minutes letting you play through wouldnt have mattered to them. When they approached you, that would have been a good time to have asked them to let you play through, if they refused, then you at least tried,...
I think I saw rockbottomgolf had a limited supply of tommy armour 845 irons for sale, for a very good price too if they still have any. If i were looking for irons i might have bought them, a friend of mine has some tommy armours he's been playing forever and I guess he still likes them.
Lebron coming to Dallas? Would be interesting if they had the money to do it and keep their team together for the most part, keep Dirk, Jason Kidd, and Caron Butler. They would challenge the Lakers for sure, especially with the uncertainty of Phil Jackson coming back next year. Might be the best chance for Lebron, even over staying in Cleveland and adding another great player or going to the Bulls.
Lets look at the last 2 years, the cavs have had the best record the last 2 years and homecourt advantage throughout, so they must have some good players besides Lebron. Maybe the eastern conference is easier than the west, fewer good teams and the bad ones are really bad(nets, knicks). If you have the best record, you should have the best team. Guess that works for regular season, example Phoenix Suns from a few years ago, though they didnt play defense. ...
I like the idea of an indoor range, I wish we had one of those close to me. It would be nice on rainy days and to keep practicing during the winter, it does get cold sometimes here in southern il. I would prefer to hit outdoors, off grass normally but for inclement weather it would be nice to have the option of a climate controlled indoor range.