or Connect

Posts by Greg

I dont know much about those particular irons, but id just try to find a replacement for your 9 iron. try here www.ironfinder.com you might find one of the other titleist irons mentioned in earlier posts.
never heard of the timed rate either, how would they do that? Every driving range ive ever went to in my 2 years of playing it was by the bucket.
Its hard for me to know how slow i was at the beginning, I always scrambled with a friend so if i hit bad shots, we usually just used his as he had played longer. By the time I was playing by myself, I was good enough that i could keep a decent pace. I think the fact that these were older ladies has less to do with this than that they were beginners. As far as studying etiquette, maybe courses should really stress that, its usually just assumed that people know it...
I looked at GigaGolf before I bought my irons in my signature, which i guess could technically be called clones, very similar to taylormade r7's but not sold as such. Its difficult to go against the big companies and not sell something similar to what they have, radically different club designs are a tough sell. I found mine on ebay from a company called golfballx and i got them because the price was so good it was worth the risk, $75 + $8 shipping for 5-pw and 56 deg...
Lebron may be MVP, but how many championships does he have, none. Im not a lakers fan either, i liked the bulls when Jordan was there and Kobe I think is the closest thing anyone else has come to being clutch like Jordan. He's not the explosive player he once was, outsmarting opponents at this later stage in his career, much like MJ did. I think Boston will be lucky to win game 3 at home and that will probably be it, the Lakers have much more talent overall and Boston...
I felt like quitting a few months ago, just playing terrible, couldnt make anything resembling a golf shot. A friend videotaped my swing and I noticed some obvious flaws and played much better after that. Buying my first pair of golf shoes helped too, never realized how much my feet slipped before. Im not a low handicapper by any means but i do expect a certain level of performance from myself and I know when im not getting it, i.e. keep ball in play make mostly bogeys...
Well its not entirely on the subject but I did have something break recently(friday) at the range. My driver. My kmart special nitro driver that i had actually gotten to like very well apparently was not very durable. I was finishing up at the range, doing ok, hitting my last few with the driver and whoosh, the head snapped off and flew about 50 yards. I went and retrieved it, throwing around the idea of replacing the shaft but i doubt i will though I do like how i...
I guess thats simply not how it is where im from, though i guess saying ALL is many times too broad a stroke to take. Beginners take a lot of strokes to get to the hole which equates into being slow I would think. If you were never slow, you probably must have been either naturally gifted or spent a lot of time at the range working on your swing before you ever went on the course. Most new players spend little time practicing much less have any concept of etiquette...
Blowing up and getting a big number on one hole many times carries over to the next tee and so on, confidence means a lot to high handicapper and is very fickle sometimes. Attitude means a lot, a poor one almost always guarantees poor play. Also not trying to swing like you're trying to slay the dragon and save the princess helps too.
I wish it was that simple, if i had to hit those old "sticks" that used to be used, they would probably end up being firewood in a big bonfire after about 4 or 5 holes. Technology is great, without it i wouldnt have a chance. With it, I feel like I can play this game and thats the case for many people, the game has grown tremendously because the initial learning curve is so much less now than it was probably even 10 years ago. That doesnt mean that everyone will become...