or Connect

Posts by Greg

i guess the one thing you can be certain of, is that ALL BEGINNERS, male or female, young or old, are slow because they're terrible. I played last weekend with a friend of mine and another friend of his came along, Nice guy but just starting to play so he was having trouble with just basic shots, the 20 yards and a cloud of dust on every shot, more like 50 yards but you get the idea. It took us nearly 3 hours to play 9 holes, we're usually nearly twice that fast as a...
seems like the distances were pretty close to what ive been hitting, drive might have been a bit much, probably 20 yards farther than average, said 245, i average maybe 225, 240 for a real good one but the irons were all probably within 5 yards of what i normally hit them. 7 iron 150(spot on) 8 iron 139(real close) 9 127(close) and pw 116(about right)
I hit it a couple times at a local Dicks Sporting Goods about a month or so ago, just cant afford the $400 price tag but it felt pretty sweet, usually takes me a few swing to get the feel of a driver but felt good right away. I can see a lot of people buying this driver as soon as the price goes down a bit.
What I think the young gentleman who started this thread fails to realize is that many new golfers dont understand pace of play or allowing someone to play through. And these newbies, being older women, probably could care less how long it takes them to play as they probably were retired and had nothing else to do. Yes i have felt like telling someone off who slows me down, but geez, get a grip boy and show some restraint. Your actions reflect very poorly on all young...
I think if something like that happened to MY CAR, being a golfer myself i would simply go to my insurance and simply tell them something else happened and not worry about trying to get my deductible back. I would be more inclined to think that the golfer(with weapons in close proximity) would be the one with the upper hand. I usually wont tee off on a hole near a road if a car is approaching. I actually hit a ball on the roof of a house on a course near me, a par 4...
You should have told them the golden girls was on tv, by the time they got to the clubhouse and realized you were lying you would have been to the next tee. Problem solved, you would never have seen them again. Or maybe tell them somebody hit their LTD out in the parking lot. Either way you would have distracted them long enough to play through. Or mentioned the free bingo in the lounge, etc....
Im to the point now of finding something that you can afford and hit, not worrying about what it pretends to be. OEM products many times are out of reach of the budget of a majority of people, just have to find quality substitutes and that takes some research and time, which dont cost anything. There are only so many different variations of golf club designs because they have to be legal for use so well known designs that work and sell will be imitated no doubt, as long...
after i posted that, i realized that the hippo hybrids like the hex head in your post look like pic (b) which is legal according to the rule. Im sure Ive seen some hybrids or woods somewhere on ebay that look like (d) but I guess it wasnt the hippo ones. Though i really dont see why they would be nonconforming, they do look odd at address and I dont think they would be easier to hit.
Im no expert on anyones's swing but im guessing from the results of the shots(they look dead straight and solid) that the guy's handicap is a 3. Im sure there are some flaws, but he's way better than I am, probably been playing for a long time.
that figure (c) looks like the new hammer x driver and (d) looks like some of the hippo golf hybrids ive seen