or Connect

Posts by Greg

I had a membership at a course a couple years ago, Crooked Creek in Mt Vernon, IL that cost only 300/year. I didnt renew last year or this year because I just dont go down there much, its about 30 miles from me, used to play there with some other friends but we dont hang out anymore. So its just out of the way now. I played there sat for the first time in a long time, its a quirky little course, not long by any means but got some of the trickiest greens anywhere. I...
I think its a bit easier to score at a par 3 course, I did pretty good last night(for me) I shot +11 on the front 9 and +7 on the back which is better than i would do on a normal par 72 18 hole course. You only have to hit one good shot per hole on a par 3 course. I only got one par on the front 9 but got 3 pars and a birdie on the back so i felt pretty good about that.
I guess im getting by pretty cheap, I bought new irons last year, 3 wood, driver and new bag but spent only about $150, bought new shoes this year but only spent $28 including shipping but i like them. Was struggling with my driver so I got 2 new ones this year, finally decided that I liked the cheapest one, a nitro driver i bought off the clearance rack at kmart. If you include all the money spent playing(i dont have any memberships) the courses I usually play at...
Governors Run in Carlyle, I didnt know there was a lighted par 3 in Belleville, might have to go play over there sometime. A bit of a drive for me, I live in odin, its over by salem, about 60 miles or so from belleville. Im only about 20 miles from Carlye though I havent played the par 3 course yet this year, its a neat place to go. Had fun, hit mostly pretty good shots, carried my irons farther than normal, I guess making solid contact is better than trying to kill...
last night, went to par 3 course at Governors Run at Carlyle Il, was hitting my irons pretty good and got to the 17th, 110 yards. There was nobody within probably 4 holes of me so I hit my pw into some bushes left of the green. then i hit another about 10 yards short of the green trying to lob one up there. And I thought, well im almost done and I want to hit a good shot on this hole. Next one was about 20 ft away, pretty good. I had one more ball out so I decided to...
Im about to go play at a local lighted par 3 course tonight. Its a different experience and most of the holes are really short, ranging from 77 yards to 150 being the longest so the longest club i carry in my bag is my 6 iron. Its nice being able to play after dark, especially in the summer when its not so hot. Its challenging hitting those in between shots and trying to hit the greens.
Lately mine was about a month ago at Hickory Ridge in Carbondale, IL. Playing 9 that day and doing horribly, I didnt even bother to record a score on a few holes. Got to the 8th, a short par 3, about 130 yards to a green guarded on the left by water and surrounded by bunkers, so for a short hole still a pretty tough tee shot. Had been having trouble keeping my head down all day but this hole was straight into the Sun so it forced me to look down. My playing partner, a...
Ohio State over Alabama, they're just simply going to be the 2 best teams, though I think bama will have a tougher time going unbeaten having to beat florida and lsu, both will be good. Ohio State if they stay focused shouldnt have any trouble running the table in the Big Ten.
Cardinals in 7 over the Yankees. Would be exciting but it seems the last couple of years the Cards have just been missing something when it comes to postseason, maybe they can make a move or 2 this year to put them over the top again.
I always hit all my clubs at the range, starting with the short irons then working my way up to driver. Aiming at certain targets at the range like the distance markers helps too, pretend thats the flag and see how close you can get to them. At my range theres a flag at about 70-75 yards that you can aim at, they've got it sitting inside a milk crate and its fun to see if you can hit one in the crate, got pretty close yesterday, missed by about 2 feet. I mostly just...