or Connect

Posts by Greg

I know driving distance isnt everything, but it helps hitting a shorter club into a green than trying to hit a long iron or hybrid on a longer par 4, especially for a higher handicapper like me. Im not likely to hit the green or even get close with a longer club but put me 50 yards closer and give me an 8 iron and ive got a chance to hit that green and walk away with a par instead of struggling just to make a bogey.
Its not all about the loft, the shaft in the driver has a lot to do with ball flight, maybe even more so. Think about it, whats the difference in 8.5 degrees or 10.5(which is what i have, im 5'11"). Im not an expert on driver shafts or anything but I know certain shafts promote a higher ball flight and others promote a shorter ball flight, regardless of driver loft. Im sure someone more knowledgable will hopefully expand on this and be more helpful but Ive hopefully...
The one thing the LPGA has going for it now is there is no dominant player(or maybe thats a turnoff). There is no female version of Tiger or Phil that is always in contention. It is somewhat disappointing that the American players arent doing well lately(Paula Creamer, Morgan Pressel, Cristie Kerr, etc). Yes it is nice to see that many of the players are attractive but that shouldnt be the only reason they're there, if they cant win or at least make cuts, you"ll...
Wow, great prize, great putter.
I just went to the Dicks SGweb site, i didnt realize there were so many different versions of the burner irons. Im shocked to see that they no longer carry r7 irons. They have to be probably their most popular irons ever, maybe available new elsewhere just not at Dicks SG. My irons are very similar to r7's and thats why i got them and I like them.
I may be way behind on this thread but im guessing that one of the main reasons that handicaps overal arent dropping is that so many more people play golf now than they did years ago, meaning a lot of new golfers every year. Great for the sport as it continually grows in popularity but you constantly have newbies introduced to the game hence high handicaps and bringing up the overall average. I didnt read all the posts so someone else probably already said something like...
Many times i dont have the 2 hours free time neccesary to go play 9 at the course and hit a lot of practice shots, but ive got 45 minutes to go hit balls at the range to keep my swing somewhat sharp and consistent, at least to my 20+ handicap level anyway. Theres a local course around here that is ok but is seldom crowded and very cheap to play 9, $10 for 9 with a cart, good place to practice a lot of shots as there are hardly anyone else out there when i go in the...
When i first started, i had a couple friends help me to learn the basic and eventually i developed my own swing that feels natural, though im sure flawed but I play well enough to enjoy the game most of the time. Ive thought about gettting lessons, just not many instructors in my area, most of the courses dont really have a teaching pro, its a rural area in southern il. Like when i looked up where i could go to get a free lesson for free lesson month, closest...
The one thing i noticed he pointed out in the video that i tried and it helped a bit, was the setup for the shot, setting the driver 3-4 inches behind the ball. I had never even thought to try that before, I think it did help me to hit my driver a bit better though you have to make sure that it is lined up properly with the ball when you start your swing or you will still slice it but i hit one of my longest drives ever(about 270-275 yards yesterday) with my cheap kmart...
Now that I think about it more, its mostly just one finger that hurts and its a finger I hurt as a child so thats probably why its sore, so probably not much i can do about that. I smashed it playing on something i shouldnt have when i was about 8 years old, i still cant bend it fully so forcing it beyond its comfortable range of motion causes it to be sore. Golf uses a lot more muscles than people think, back, shoulders, hips, etc so being sore after a long time away is...