or Connect

Posts by Fairway_CY

I've been wearing my Gear Live for the last 6 months.  At first, it felt a little odd... but now, it's part of my game.  I use GolfShot GPS on my phone, which is kept in my rear, left pocket... and it sends the yardages to my watch.   I played a round a few weeks ago without it (I forgot to put it on before leaving the house) and it just felt odd since I'm so used to having the watch on now. CY
Hi all.  I went to my local course this morning to play a quick nine-hole round.  Unfortunately, with it being spring break around here, the course was full and I wasn't willing to wait around to get 'fit in' somewhere.  Instead, I got a couple buckets of balls and went to the practice range.   I hit the first bucket and some of the second (about 40 balls) and decided to hit the short game practice area as I haven't been chipping or pitching well so far this year.  I...
I don't like to play super-fast.  To me, I'm on the course to enjoy myself.  I allow myself a minimum of 3 hours for 18 holes if I'm playing by myself.  That's 10 minutes per hole.  That said... that's what I ALLOW myself.  It's very rare that I play 18 by myself, but I frequently play 9 by myself.  So, I like to allow myself 90 minutes.  I still usually finish in about an hour, not rushing... pulling the stick, etc.  On average, about 6-7 minutes per hole. I am a ready...
Hey man... I just read through your thread.  I enjoyed it!   I've struggled for years to find any real consistency in my game.  In 2010, I went through a stretch where I shot an 85 and an 89 which were endcaps around a streak of 108 - 98 - 108.   Sometimes the game clicks.... sometimes it doesn't.     One thing that HAS been helping me recently has been using the 'grinder' mentality.  It's not the best way to play a round, but I find myself 'forgiving' my bad holes.  I...
A few weeks ago, I was playing a tournament round.  I was on the 12th hole (which was the 15th of my round) and I hit a good drive to the right side of the fairway.  I had about 110 to go, so I used a wedge... but I pushed it right and it ended up in a greenside bunker.   All day, I wasn't able to get out of the traps on this course.  They were wet and I was really struggling.  On this hole, I decided I needed to hit closer to the ball... unfortunately, I did just that...
I'd play it similarly to what others have said.  I'd aim at the center of the bunker with a hybrid.  Chances are that I'd never reach that bunker with the hybrid.  Then I'd have a gap wedge in to the green.   Realistically, it would depend on how I was striking my hybrid on the range.  Often times, I find myself topping the ball with that club, so if that was the case... I'd resort to a 4 iron to the left side of the bunker (not as much carry), and that would likely...
 Ahhh... then MY response to them is confirmed.  I just was not hitting the driver well that day.  They blamed spin... I blamed a poor swing.  CY
I had the same thing happen a lot on Saturday during a windy round.  Temperature was in the 50 degree range.   My typical drive (well-struck) will travel about 250 and will carry about 225.  On Saturday, I was having issues controlling the trajectory of my ball with my driver.  It seemed to get up in the air a lot.     On two holes, in particular, I was playing downwind with a 20-25 MPH tailwind.  Both drives got way up into the air and both seemed to 'fall' from the...
If I had to pick for myself... I'd say I'm 'The Fidgeter'.  Not that I ever tear the velcro on my glove while others are hitting, but I've found myself putting a club back in my bag as someone is about to hit a time or two.  I always cringe when I do it.   Actually, on Saturday, we were on the 5th green while another group was on the 6th tee (approximately 25 yards away).  I waited for one of the guys to tee off before attempting my putt.  I lipped out and my group let...
Luckily, I have not hit anybody, nor have I been hit (yet).  I'm very cautious on the course because, well... if I died on the course by being hit... my wife would bring me back to life to kill me again.   Seriously though... I have only seen one person get hit.  My buddy and I were on a course back in the summer between our junior and senior year in high school.  The course was sort of crowded in the sense that there wasn't much separating holes.   We were on the tee of...