or Connect

Posts by Fairway_CY

Truthfully, I shouldn't be posting anything but poor shots, but I played the five par 3 holes in even par on Saturday, so... I had at least a few memorable swings.   3rd Hole - 6 iron from about 170 was left of the green, and kicked further left.  I had a tree branch hanging down in my line, so I needed to keep the ball beneath that.  I pitched the ball and nipped it perfectly.  It caught a leaf on the bottom of the branch, but it didn't hurt it at all.  The ball hit the...
Well... that was ugly!     I returned to the course over the weekend after having not touched my clubs (other than a quick stop at the range) for 3 weeks due to a family vacation and work.  When I arrived to the course, I was excited and ready to go... and I was hitting the ball well on the range.  Everything was either straight, or played with my typical fade.  I was chipping the ball well around the practice green.  The only issue was that I felt like I was struggling...
 Is that the one that plays over the marsh, just behind the clubhouse?  I believe that Shawnee has a collection of the toughest par 3 holes I've ever played.  Par on any of them is a win! CY
I wrote about it on my thread, but this was the best shot I hit all year... so I wanted to add it here, too.     The 18th hole (shotgun start, so my 4th) is a 471 yard par 5 from the members (blue) tees.  I hit a decent drive that found the right-center side of the fairway.     The pin was up at the front of the green and tucked behind the pond shown in the picture below.  I had 217 to the center of the green and about 195 to the front of the green.  I hit my hybrid,...
This past weekend, we completed our first 'major' of the season (The Stonebridge Masters)... a 2 day tournament at a course I'd never been to before.  I'm not going to do a hole-by-hole breakdown because recapping 36 holes is a lot.  Instead, I'm going to post my day-by-day scorecards in the table below, followed by some highlights and lowlights from each...
Well... other than a quick stop one afternoon to hit a bucket of balls and spend a few minutes on chipping/pitching practice... I haven't really touched my clubs since the last round.  We're going on vacation in just over a week, and work has been keeping me moving... so, golf hasn't been at the forefront of my mind.  Plus, the weather has been pretty crappy down this way, so that hasn't helped matters.   We've got a 2 day tournament coming up this weekend, and the...
I've been wearing my Gear Live for the last 6 months.  At first, it felt a little odd... but now, it's part of my game.  I use GolfShot GPS on my phone, which is kept in my rear, left pocket... and it sends the yardages to my watch.   I played a round a few weeks ago without it (I forgot to put it on before leaving the house) and it just felt odd since I'm so used to having the watch on now. CY
Hi all.  I went to my local course this morning to play a quick nine-hole round.  Unfortunately, with it being spring break around here, the course was full and I wasn't willing to wait around to get 'fit in' somewhere.  Instead, I got a couple buckets of balls and went to the practice range.   I hit the first bucket and some of the second (about 40 balls) and decided to hit the short game practice area as I haven't been chipping or pitching well so far this year.  I...
I don't like to play super-fast.  To me, I'm on the course to enjoy myself.  I allow myself a minimum of 3 hours for 18 holes if I'm playing by myself.  That's 10 minutes per hole.  That said... that's what I ALLOW myself.  It's very rare that I play 18 by myself, but I frequently play 9 by myself.  So, I like to allow myself 90 minutes.  I still usually finish in about an hour, not rushing... pulling the stick, etc.  On average, about 6-7 minutes per hole. I am a ready...
Hey man... I just read through your thread.  I enjoyed it!   I've struggled for years to find any real consistency in my game.  In 2010, I went through a stretch where I shot an 85 and an 89 which were endcaps around a streak of 108 - 98 - 108.   Sometimes the game clicks.... sometimes it doesn't.     One thing that HAS been helping me recently has been using the 'grinder' mentality.  It's not the best way to play a round, but I find myself 'forgiving' my bad holes.  I...