or Connect

Posts by Fairway_CY

Yeah, the 8th hole wasn't easy.  Ouch... 4 putting isn't fun, but... I heard a lot of stories afterwards from guys who had a few in their rounds.  Still... you were 2 strokes clear of 2nd place!  I'm looking forward to Palisades in a few weeks.  I've got to make sure I play at least somewhat well to ensure I qualify for Hilton Head. CY
 They were definitely the quickest greens we've played this year, although Cabarrus was pretty close.  Too many holes where my approaches or chips would end up on the wrong side of the hole.   Sadly, that wasn't my worst putting round of the season.  I had 41 putts at Cowan's Ford on the first day of the Player's Championship. But... I don't think we've played slicker greens.  I got out to Palisades on Wednesday just to practice and the greens had been punched and sanded...
Thanks Randall! I love seeing this stuff, even if it shows all 102 strokes! I'm not working with an instructor, but it's something I plan to do in the future. Right now, I'm just trying to play more often than I have in the past. A big problem is that I don't play or practice enough to be consistent. The greens were tough and any time I got above the hole, it made for a tough time. I believe all of the three-putts we're from above the hole. The 9 footer went about 10...
It's definitely frustrating.  I got to play against yesterday at a course we're gonna be playing for our next tournament in a few weeks.  Now, the greens had been punched and sanded the day before, so I knew putting wasn't going to be the best, but... I started out triple - triple - quad.  When I got to the 10th tee, I added my front side and I had shot a 54.   This score was only 4 strokes worse than my 50 on Saturday... but I had a horrific start.  There was something...
The most recent demonstration of poor tournament golf is linked below.   Enjoy!   Tournament Review - 8/22/2015 - River Hills Country Club (Lake Wylie, SC) CY
So, I played in another tournament round yesterday and when I added up the scores from our group... it just seemed wrong.     Because it was a shotgun tournament, I didn't play the course 'in order'... instead, we started on the 14th hole.     I started out conservatively (because it was a short course)... but became more aggressive as time went on.     I hit a 4 iron from the 14th tee and then a 6 iron to the green, two-putting from 30 feet for par.  The next hole...
After butchering the previous 3 shots on a par 5 (tee to right woods... right woods to left woods... left woods into a tree that kicked into the fairway)... I nipped a 40 yard pitch perfectly so that it skipped once and stopped on a dime less than a foot from the hole, salvaging my par.   That tells you how the rest of my round went.   CY
I haven't posted in this thread in awhile... mostly because I haven't wanted to remember the rounds between now and then, but... it's time for an update.     In the 2nd major of the season, I posted a 96 - 84 = 180 to finish 12th of 18 in C Flight.   A month later, in the 3rd major of the season, I struggled big time and posted a 98 - 96 = 194 to finish in a tie for 17th of 19 in C Flight.   I put the clubs away to spend some time with my family, and then, at the...
My official handicap is 17.4R as of the latest revision... but my 'actual' handicap is 19.4 as of the same point.     I've still got the 'restricted' tag on my handicap because of lower tournament scores, even though the last time I played was a 2 day tournament where I posted differentials of 26.8 and 23.5, respectively.     There are 6 tournaments left on the schedule, but I have probably 3 tournaments left this season, unless I can qualify for the year-end...
Damn... that sucks!  They should have never put you on the pairings sheet if they knew your partner was injured.  So... then, what happened?  Did the team you were supposed to play earn a 'bye'?     Sorry you got yourself ready only to have that kind of a let down.   I've been there before.  I played in a club that had a similar set of rules.  My partner caused problems and removed himself from the team.  I played as a single for the rest of the year, earned my way into...