or Connect

Posts by Fairway_CY

I got out to play Fort Mill today.  I enjoyed it, even though I played like crap.  It will be much nicer in a few weeks, I'd assume.  A lot of dormant grass with dead, cut grass lines throughout the fairways.   The front nine was nice.  The back nine was a little different.  The 12th was kind of a mess from all the rain running down towards that part of the course.  I loved the 10th hole... and I think the 2nd hole has a lot of potential, but I played it from the water,...
I haven't played those 2 yet.  I've played:  - Verdict Ridge  - Emerald Lake  - Tega Cay  - Pinetuck   - Eagle Chase   The only one that I won't go back to is Pinetuck.  I loved the Eagle Chase layout.  Verdict Ridge is a beast.  Emerald Lake is fair.  Tega Cay has the potential to be a nice place, but I found the membership there to be kind of rude.     I'll be looking into Fort Mill and Springfield later in the month.   CY
 LOL - I see what you did there...  CY
 It's a goal... it's not life-or-death.  I don't understand the need for passive-aggressive posts like these.   I'm sure when you first learned to play golf, you had a goal to become a single digit handicap.  You're there now.  Perhaps his goal is slightly more specific in that he wants to become a scratch golfer by September.  Is that reason to reply like you did?  He's looking for support.  If you're not willing to support him, just let it be.   Perhaps the world would...
I only have a handful of eagles.  One of my more memorable was playing a round with my son who was about 10 at the time.  It was a 9 hole executive style course.  The first hole is about a 325 yard par 4 with no trouble.  I had a good drive which left me about 80 yards away, slightly up a hill to a raised green.  I took aim with a wedge and the ball came down right on line with the pin.  Seeing as how it was uphill and the green was raised, I had no idea where it finished....
Cool... I like stuff like that.  I enjoy keeping my own journal and looking back on it from time-to-time.  It doesn't seem that too many people here actually respond to things like that, but... it's still cool to keep one for yourself.   Good luck with your year and playing towards your goal.   I look forward to following along.   CY
A few years ago, I played in a club that traveled the state and played different courses each week.  At the beginning of the season, because I didn't have a partner, I was paired up with someone else who joined without a partner.  From the 2nd hole of the 1st round of the year... I could tell we weren't going to get along very well.   He started with the 'borderline racist' jokes in the 2nd fairway and by the time the cart girl made her rounds on the 5th tee... I didn't...
No chance for me... and I honestly believe that.  I'd get a stroke a hole.  Figuring most tour pro's would play something like 5 iron - wedge to the par 4's and 3 wood - 9 iron to the par 5's... I'd probably be done by around the 11th or 12th hole.  And that's providing I'm able to make a par here and there for net birdie and they only manage a par.     *shrug*   CY
I've spent the better part of a few hours reading this thread.  I love it.     For me, I'm not 'new' to golf.  At all.  I've been playing since I was 13 years old.  I've never played more than 25 times in a season, and... living in New Jersey my whole life has made the seasons short.  Now, I am living in Charlotte, North Carolina and I finally have an opportunity to have an extended season... bordering on year-round.   I've kept my stats for years.  Before I started...
Unfortunately, I'm all too familiar with that occurrence.  In fact, I can almost chart my rounds by it, depending on which course I'm playing.  Back in July, I was playing fairly decent golf (for me).  I had entered a few tournaments run by the county courses I play.  One was a two-day, 90% handicap tournament at two different courses.  The other was the Club Championship (match play).     In the Club Championship qualifier, I had played the front pretty well... shooting...