or Connect

Posts by Fairway_CY

I see it too often.  I joined a club when I was about 25 years old.  The club would play some nicer courses throughout the area, and being one of the younger guys in the club, I'd always seem to get paired with guys who were about 45 years old or so.  The cart girls were usually close to my age and I'd usually get a Gatorade or something when they'd come around.  I always felt bad for them when the guys in my group would start making comments.   To this day, at 36 years...
I meant to post this above with my entry.  This was about the only hole on the course that wasn't completely rain soaked.  Hole #11 at Cowan's Ford Country Club in Stanley, NC.     CY
Increasingly, I'm finding people I get paired with to complain a LOT.  I don't tend to complain... I'm out to enjoy myself.  When I hit bad shots, I'll talk to myself briefly... calm myself down... and then I forget about it by the time I play the next shot.  Over the last 5 weeks, I've played in 3 tournament rounds that have each taken just about 6 hours to play.     That pisses people off in a hurry.  It doesn't make me angry... it just makes my game suffer.  But, I...
I spent all week looking at weather reports for Saturday.  One minute it would say no rain, the next minute, they were saying an inch per hour of rain.  In the end, I woke up Saturday morning to an absolute downpour.  I figured there was no way we'd be playing, but I checked the website anyway... and it was posted that the rain was going to clear out just prior to our 1:30 shotgun start... so I got myself ready.  I prepared rain gear... rain gloves, extra socks, extra...
Thanks Terry!It was a very long round... but I'm getting used to it. I don't think I've ever played a course that was wetter. I was shocked they let us on the course. Even lift, clean and place wasn't very helpful because holes were wet everywhere.The greens were like cement. I hit a lot of shots that bounced and/or rolled off.The worst part for me (which you'll see in the recap) was the bunkers. I could NOT figure out how to get out of them. I think I was in bunkers on 4...
Below is my first attempt at a course vlog.   Please be kind.  I know my swing isn't a pretty one and it needs work... but it's what I've got to work with for now.  I hesitated to post it here because of how good everybody else's swing has looked in comparison.   Any advice would be appreciated.     CY
For anybody who is interested and has about 12 minutes to kill... below is a video recap of the first six holes of my round.  I ran out of storage space on the 7th tee.   Please be kind... I know my swing is ugly, but it's what I have to work with right now. Tips wouldn't be ignored though.            CY
Haha!  Well... no worries, I'll always have some kind of messed up round you can draw from!  I used to use Mac Numbers, but then I started working for Samsung and, well... Samsung and Apple don't play well together.  :-)Thanks for the explanation!  It's really cool how you got it all to map out like that.  I'm sure that it's a really useful tool.  I'd be interested to see how some of my other rounds (as I play them) map out. Good luck with your project.  It's got a lot of...
Despite calling for rain earlier in the week, yesterday turned out to be an amazing day.  It was somehwere about 82 degrees and no rain until later in the afternoon.  Of course, I had to run out to play at least nine holes... so I went to my local favorite, Tega Cay and played the nine hole Cove Course.     Scorecard Link   Game Golf Link (Tega Cay - Cove Course - 3/4/2015)   Hole #1 - Par 3 - 186 Yards   There was a little bit of a breeze into me and from the...
Randall... this is awesome!  I'd love to see a copy of this spreadsheet!  No idea how you made it, but... it's really in-depth and something that I'd love to be able to see for each of my rounds! The penalties was a miscalculation.  I listed 2 penalties on #10, but it was only 1.  I have to actually go back and fix my scorecard.   This is seriously great!     CY