or Connect

Posts by MPS67

Hi Phil, I'm simply someone who loves the game of golf. I pass along sound advice to those who request assistance. My hope is that the golfers seeking advice can improve and as a result, better enjoy the game of golf. My bullet D suggestion for Kirby12 was based on my opinion that he could attain a more repeatable backswing if he allowed momentum to naturally carry his arms and club to the top.   I acquire my golf knowledge from extensive study and analysis from over...
Hi Kirby,   I see many good things about your swing! Especially the way you stay within the plane lines back and through. You already know about your head moving too much, so I'm going to suggest some minor adjustments.   A) I'd straighten the curve in your lower back. This will improve your ability to rotate your upper body and achieve a more powerful swing. B) Your takeaway is very good, but just a little under plane in my opinion. Try to get your club head...
Hi Domc36,   I agree with both Rustyredcab & Haddockd that you have an OTT swing.   Please carefully read this article written by Mike Pedersen as it will shed some light on what an OTT swing is, what are some of the causes, and remedies.  But basically, your back swing is the first fault. Once you get to the top of the backswing, you also make the mistake of moving down with your upper body.   It's important for you to understand that both your takeaway...
  On occasion, I'll mishit my ball into someone's private yard sitting adjacent to the fairway. I never shoot from there, but out of courtesy, I always retrieve it thinking that a grass concealed ball would do a number on their lawnmower.   But the father is just training his child to be the next Tiger Woods. Didn't Eldridge claim he started learning golf at the age of six months while watching his dad practice? But seriously, some people are a bit selfish. The sound of...
  Hi Doug,   Thanks for the kind words and I'm happy that I was able to help. It's great to read of your good news! Starting down with the lower body can make all the difference.   Cheers,   Mark    
I actually like your tempo. It's fast, powerful, and looks smooth & relaxed all at the same time.   I'm sorry, but I didn't explain myself very well in my last post. I was suggesting to temporarily slow your pace down some while working on some of new swing adjustments.    
Yes & no. I noticed that during your back swing, both your head and butt slides towards the ball. Maybe about 2-3 inches. But once at the top, I see very little early hip extension (where the butt slides toward the ball as you stand up) or head movement by the time of impact. Your back heel lifts, your hips raise, and your back leg straightens during this downswing section.  But I think this is a result of you unleashing so much power in your downswing. So, I think...
Hi Patrick,   You have a very nice and fast swing! Image #1 shows that your hands are hanging from your shoulders in perfect position and that you are the correct distance from the ball. Image #2 shows that even though your extension is great (as seen in image 8,) you are taking away the club below the plane line. The club face in image #2 looks open.  However by the top, you've recovered to a good position - so you've got a little inside to loop action going on....
  Eric, I'm sorry if I've wandered off topic.   I do see the technique of actively engaging the arms in releasing accumulators #1 & 4 using the stack and tilt swing seen in the video below.   However with the more traditional swing (like Yani Tseng's,) I believe the arms passively release their accumulated potential energy. Here's a video that shows a one armed golfer. His swing is powered by his centered pivot and his accumulator #4 is released passively.    Here,...
8.5 Drive,     It's difficult to see because of the dark shirt you're wearing. But I noticed a few things that may be contributing to your occasional duck hooks.   1) Your left arm is bent and never looks fully extended. This might cause some inconsistency. 2) It looks like you're swinging too far back. I don't know if this by design and you want to swing like John Daly, but this might be robbing you of consistency as well. 3) I think you're swaying your...