or Connect

Posts by patriot07

Nope.  I had a lot of the 280-360cc clubs in high school when I was in great shape and hitting the ball a ton (or so I thought).  Played a ton of golf at a certain course and hadn't played it since high school til last year.  I still feel like I hit the ball pretty well, but not nearly as "hard" as I hit it in high school.  Anyway, I took my superfast 2.0 TP out there last year to play it again and I was easily 40-50 yards past where I was used to playing from.  These...
I used to work at a very nice country club growing up.  I started there when the course opened, and I was a sophomore in high school.  We started with very, very few members (30 or 40) and they've now got 400-500 last I heard.  But I was the guy who picked you up from the parking lot and load your clubs and clean them after the round and take the cart back from your car.    We certainly never expected tips.  We were already getting minimum wage ($5/hr), not waiter...
My least favorite is the slowest one.  As soon as he speeds up, my least favorite will become the new slowest one.  These guys play way, way, way too slow and it's bled over into the amatuer game.  I don't even think a 4-hour round should be acceptable, but I'd love to be guaranteed a 4-hour round every time out with how bad it is now.    You can guess that I'm a Snedeker fan. 
Major wedge overkill in my opinion.  But my main question is what kind of course you play?  I vary my set by what type of course I'm playing.  I carry a driver (280), 3-wood (245), 23* hybrid (205), 4-PW, 51* GW, 56* SW and a putter.  I'll add in a 60* lob wedge or a 19* hybrid (225) depending on the course.  I don't have to have the 60 all the time because I only use it when I absolutely have to.    My personal opinion is that nobody who's an amateur golfer has any...
I don't believe TM will confirm a club's authenticity anymore, although they will tell you if it's definitely a fake.  All a counterfeiter has to do is go into a golf shop and find one serial number and print that on every club they make and they would show up in TM's database.  But that doesn't make the club real.  However, if your club has a fake serial number, then obviously they can confirm it's a fake.  Just an FYI from the last time I called them, which was about a...
That is a sick putter. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've hit them on the launch monitor before, but never on the course. I was impressed at the monitor, but obviously not enough to buy one yet. That will probably be my next 3-wood when the price comes down a bit.
That is a ridiculous question for a single digit handicap.
Workability is the ability to draw or fade the ball without having to drastically change your swing path. Clubs with high "workability" will more easily put sidespin on the ball with small swing changes, which is great for pros and scratch golfers that have consistent swings, and are able to intentionally make small changes to create different ballflights. For the rest of us, clubs with less "workability" are usually better, in my opinion, because we make small swing...
Congrats on the new X-24s. I'd love to have a set. Did you get them new or used? Where from? I took my wife (then girlfriend) to the range and we almost broke up it went so bad. I had bought the irons cheap on ebay the week before and they were back on ebay "lightly used" that afternoon.