or Connect

Posts by chilly

I'm not sayign the chart is wrong at all, but I'd say it's optimistic.  Realize it's assuming perfection, 1.5 smash, spin, conditions, everything is good.......the 30yds of rollout indicates this.    I think something a bit more real world, although obviously on the top end of the scale, is to find a tour pro that has a 280yd average and find his swing speed.  Yeah, I know, tons of variables based on course conditions, how well he hit it, etc etc etc.....but that's...
Agree with a lot of what's been said here.   Last year, a good drive for me was 260.  Made some effort to crank it up a bit more.    In a nutshell, made sure that I was "swinging" rather then "hitting" at the ball.  Seems simple enough, but it's tough.  In general, this will help you come from the inside and hit a draw, play looser, get more turn, and sequence the swing better.  All the same stuff stated above.  I also lost some weight, which helped with the...
I agree to some extent.  Granted, plenty of guys seem to "get it" easily, in my experience they're folks that were taught from an early age.  Guys that started after highschool or college have a tougher time.   Seems that most have an outside in swing, it is just more natural to turn the shoulders around the hips.    In many other sports, you're taught to "hit" something.  The "hitting" of the golf ball is a major issue for most players, learning how to "swing" the...
I'm not a big fan of gift cards, seems like a lazy gift.    I think a set of knit headcovers is pretty cool.  Lots of guys seem to like them, and they're in that "want to but don't need to" range where guys don't have them.    http://rockettour.com/
Just relating a bit of experience.  I recently, for a span of  two months or so, lost almost 10mph of clubhead speed and started hitting a big cut off the tee that barely got off the ground at times.  Swing just went to crap.  Lucky to drive it 240.  The thing is, it was pretty accurate, and I hit a bunch of fairways.  Ball didn't go as far, so it didn't go as far offline when not hit as well...pretty simple.  I shot 79 for the first time and dropped my handicap 3...
Why would his hcp change, the course rating would change with the length, so he could stay the same hcp playing higher scores. 
Selling a pair of nice used Titleist 909H hybrids. These are in 19 and 24* lofts, both have Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 80gram hybrid shafts. The 19 is a Stiff shaft, 24 is a regular. Both are in nice shape, just normal wear on the sole and face. They DO NOT have any skymarks or other major scratches. Selling for $50/ea, or will make a package deal for both for...
  Because I want to read content relevant to the OPs question, instead of wading through a bunch of posts by guys saying something can't happen, just because they can't personally do it. 
At least on the links courses I played, they would be among the slowest courses that you could play in this respect.  Every hole is surrounded by the thick grass, any ball off the fairway is a search and rescue mission. 
I did a golf trip to Scotland in late August.  One of my big impressions is that at least in Scotland, in all aspects, people just have more of a "clue".   They drive more aware, they walk more aware, they're more courteous...they just plain have more awareness.  Ever stand in line at a fast food place for five minutes, only to have the person in front of you wait until they're at the cashier to make their decision?  Stuff like that, just overall doesn't seem as...