or Connect

Posts by Motley01

You lied? I thought you were buying clubs, not just testing them?
I just got back from the range. I marked a spot on the grip that is 1.25" from the end. I choked down to that point. I was hitting it beautifully, much much easier to control.   By choking up that much, I had to stand closer to the ball. Which was part of my problem, before I was reaching for the ball. I was bent over more too. It was easier to set my wrists at the top.   Then I started killing it, great ball flight, around 265 ish. I didn't see any distance loss at...
I'm not a Ping guy. But I'm hearing great things about the S55s. Great turf interaction, long, straight, and forgiving.   If your striking the ball well, go demo the S55s.
 Whooops, yes you are right. Adding lead weight inside the tip end of the shaft should do it. I'll just have to consult with the fitter to figure all this out.
 LOL Wanna bet I can hit my 7 iron 800 yards?
Yes you are correct, they recommended using lead tape under the grip if it feels too light.
Just been reading a thread over on GolfWRX. On how manufacturers have too long shafts in most current drivers.   My Big Bertha driver shaft is 45.5" and I just can't control it like I can with my 3 wood. The 3 wood off the tee my most consistent club.   In order for all these OEM's to "claim" their new driver is longer, is to lengthen the shafts each time they increase head size. Sure its may be longer in distance, but can the typical 15 handicap player control that...
Thanks for all the advice and tips. I'm going to have two more range sessions before this weekend, but that still doesn't guarantee it will spill over to golf course.   I know what I'm doing wrong, I just can't seem to fix it during playing. For example, I'm trying to murder the ball off the tee on drives. At the range I swing easier with better contact.   I'll try an keep a positive attitude, but its hard right now.
I must be a range pro or something. I go to the range once or twice a week, and play a round on the weekend.   I've been playing golf for 20 years (and I still suck), been down to 12 handicap. Lowest round ever scored (many years ago) was a 77.   I buy new equipment, premium balls, new rangefinder.   So when I go to the range, I'm relaxed, everything is cozy swing feels great. Hitting nice irons good ball flight tiny draw sometimes. Get my hybrid out and hitting it...
 I'm not aware of the Kansas City fireworks laws, but are those illegal, how did you get them? Here in Denver, they are illegal, so we have to drive to Wyoming border to buy the good stuff. I still have some leftover from last year when I went to Cheyenne.