or Connect

Posts by jldavis73

Quote: Don't forget about the role of the proprioceptors, and the electropulse diagnostic transferrance of experience and information from the big toe to the left elbow, which should be concave and then pronated while reading Voltaire.   Dude needs to just swallow pride and call Butch for God's sake...  
Hey OP, that's a pretty good looking swing.  I am in no way qualified to give technical advice, but would like to respond to the statements made about playing the ball further forward in your stance.  I felt like ball position was one thing I had correct, but after placing a shaft perpindicular to my stance, I realized that was an optical illusion.  I was playing every club waaaaay too far back, which really impacted consistency.  The last few range sessions, I worked on...
Yep, the R9's aren't going to match the feel of a forged club.  For a cast, game-improvement I think the feel is as good as can be.  To me, they stand out in all other areas.  Those Adams are sweeeeeeet, too.
I watch the show.  I'm not a teacher, pro, or really even a very good golfer.  Marty wasn't teaching a flip move so much as a cast move.  What a great swing technique.
Tour 360 4.0 Sport.  I own the gray/black style.  Keep your feet comfortable and cool.  I love mine.  Only downside: would be horrible in rain.  Otherwise, they are fantastic.  Feel like wearing slippers on the course.
I think this debate really centers around your game vs. the golf course.  In my case, I miss greens but usually just by a little.  At my home course, this means playing a pitch to the proper section of the green.  I also am a bit of a long hitter, so a 64* allows me to use driver on a couple more holes and better birdie opportunities (specifically, 2 par 4's that are shortish but play uphill to small greens that slope away from front to back).  When I play longer...
I just ordered some.  Dear God, what have I become...
I bought a set of the R9, 4-PW w/DG X100 to my specs last August.  I can't comment on the X24's, so no comparison.  I can tell you that I've been very please with the R9's.  They are great looking irons, and the finish and badging holds up well to abuse.  I definitely don't coddle my stuff...The long irons are unbelievable.  They have an almost trampoline feel because of the foam between the cavity and face.  I just ordered a custom 3 iron bent strong to replace my old 5...
I play a 52*/58*/64* wedge setup.  I'm not sure why folks are so hesitant to play a 60* or even higher lofted wedge.  It makes sense because, as amateurs, we are going to be left with many more shots from 50 yards and in than a professional.  If you just let the club do the work, a 64* is great.  I put it in play because my home course has greens with very small landing areas, and the extra loft helps me execute shots much easier than even a 60* would.  I believe you do...
Both great choices.  It's close, but the 360's are the best shoe.  For me, the deciding factor is the thinness of the sole.  I found this actually helped with balance quite a bit.  Can't really go wrong with either.  Check Ebay, you can find "blemished" 360 4.0's for $70 shipped.  Great deal...