or Connect

Posts by calvie7

I think that we are off topic here and missing the point of the debate. I play AP2's and while they aren't blades, the have a relatively thin sole and topline. The point, after reading all of the posts, is that most people think that lower handicap players play the "players irons" because they help them. While this perception may be true the real truth is that lower handicap players have learned to control their swing, wichch is both the swing path and the clubface at...
I was in Ross looking for a costume... I realized that they get all of the "last year model" shirts from nike, and a couple other brands... I saw a shirt that tiger wore in a tournament last year there it was $9.99. That is a great place for stuff. I am against paying over $30 for a golf shirt just on principle. On another note I saw the message from the guy in Norway, and he's right we Americans have sizes that are much larger than the rest of the world... I am 6'1 and...
WOW, getting used to all those new sticks at once will be a challenge, one that I would love to tackle. I like the gross of golf balls on the table, what was the final bill if you don't mind sharing?
I think that they are still a little cold, it's still freezing at night here... So it's not anything out of the ordinary... I am just carrying a ball mark repair tool in vain right now. Soon it'll be constant warm summer days, and I'll need to use that ball mark repair tool... Until then I need some extra spin!
I switched to the Srixon TriSpeed, but the greens are just too firm here in Colorado in the spring, nothing sticks to them... I think i'll go with the high end Bridgestone ball for some extra spin on the greens until there is a divot to repair... Currently I can hit a green here with a towering 8 iron and surprisingly not have a divot to repair, and the ball has rolled off the back... not cool. In the summer I'll give the Srixon another try.
I do, and wouldn't reccommend anything heavy, good slow tempo'd music really helps... it may sound lame, but it really hepls... Also listen to things that are calming... and get the head phones designed for runners as they won't fall out due to the hook that goes over your ear!
Where in Colo Springs would you recommend? Also I think the best golf deal anywhere is throug a place called club tee time... you buy certificates at sams, and tell them where and when, and they call ahead with their credit card number... once you get there it's paid for... oh and you get the certificates for 25% off at sams. I have used them for 2 years now and it's never failed! Thanks for the Springs suggestions though.
I played saturday and we were on a blind dogleg, when a ball landed and rolled to within 5 feet of where one of my playing partners were, obviously they didn't know where we were, or how far... My guess is that this was a career shot and the guy didn't even know what he did. Anyway as my playing partner was in the line of fire he did one of the classiest things i have seen and simply put his tee that was in his pocket in the ground next to the ball to indicate that it got...
Just got the new White Ice Rossie. It has a harder face than previous white hot models to emulate the tour preferred hard metal faces... I find it's still much softer and with the weight of the Rossie, my distance control has benefited instatnly. I would give it time get used to the feel and focus on that distance control... delav, I used to live in Omaha on another note, and I miss playing Benson. I think it's a great course, and for a great price, sorry to get off...
As someone who has fought a chronic pinched nerve in my spine, I can say that your answer lies in exercise designed to build the muscles around the problem area. Disk problems may be different but strength training and stretch training at the same time could be your answer. YOGA! I do P90X, and haven't had any problems since. I really am not pushing p90x, any similar program will do, I just know it has yoga, and a real tough yoga, that has made all the difference. If u...