or Connect

Posts by anthony

2 months ago I would have said yes, get a hybrid. But, I absolutely love my new 3 wood off the deck and would never trade it for a hybrid. In fact I'm putting my 4 iron back in the bag and sidelining the 5 hybrid for a while. Hybrids are great out of thicker rough though.
Yeah, that's the problem. From what I can tell, it was made specifically for Nike and that's what retailers are calling it. However, there aren't any specs on this shaft anywhere. It would be nice to have a starting point when shopping for new shafts is the main reason I'm searching for specs.
The yellow board shaft in my nike sumo driver(not tour version) is impossible to find any specs on. I have the stock 65 gram stiff shaft, but I need to re shaft my driver. It's too whippy for me and I'd like something heavier also. I was complaining about my driver shots being inconsistent and having to "gear it down" to get any type of results at the range today. The local country club pro just happened to be hanging out and asked me to take a couple swings. He said that...
When I have takeaway issues, it's generally because I pick it up instead of pushing it back with my left arm in conjunction with a shoulder turn. To expand on that, I feel like I'm staring the backswing by pushing straight down. Obviously you can't push the club down, but that's how it feels. I can't say I focus on taking it too far inside or outside or anything like that.
Me: "I'm playing golf today" Girlfriend: "Have fun honey, you should call my dad to see if he wants to go" Me: "Okay, I'll call him" Granted, we have no children or anything. But, my girlfriend understands I NEED to golf....every other day. We go to dinner after or grill out when I get home. Hell, she comes along for the ride every once in a while when I play in the evening. I'm a lucky man.
Cheating, and the level in which it infuriates me, depends on who I'm playing with. Anytime money is involved, even if it's a few bucks, I'm serious about cheating. If I'm playing with friends who only get out every once in a while, I could care less. I'll usually ask them if they want to know their real score or the score they told me at the end of the round (jokingly of course). With people like that it doesn't matter. However, if someone tries to tell me they shoot mid...
I haven't had a 3 iron for a while and dropped my 4 iron for a 5 hybrid last year (I carry a 4 hybrid and 5 hybrid). I took my 4 iron to the range yesterday and was hitting it surprisingly well. I actually found it a little more consistent ball flight and direction wise. But, my hybrid is still easier to make solid contact with. Mainly, because of the difference in shaft length I believe. Since I have a slot open in the bag, I think I'm going to bring the 4 iron along for...
Went to the range today...to work on my swing of course. Also, I came to work on hitting a draw. I've "tried" before, but usually managed to slice it somehow. Anyways, I actually hit draws on purpose today. The ball flight was a bit flat on some and had less power, but I think I skimmed the ground before hitting those shots. All in all I was pretty pumped to hit draws on purpose. I did hit some dead pushes, but I'm not going to master the shot in one session. It's nice to...
Today was the day my local course put the last nail in the coffin in regards to me playing there. I've looked past the hay fields in the rough and sometimes the fairway from being poorly cut. I've looked past the piss pore tee boxes that are tore up and nearly impossible to find a flat spot to tee up on. I've looked past the greens that look like they have never been watered. I've looked past the sand traps that look like they've never been raked. Why? Well, it's close to...
Your partners cheating is very disappointing. Especially since this was a tournament and they were police officers. They should be ashamed of themselves. I would have walked off the course and demanded a refund for a tournament being run in this way. Also, riding carts? I didn't think people rode carts in tournaments. Either way, keep it up man. Getting that first round out of the way should shake loose a lot of those nerves.