or Connect

Posts by anthony

My nike bag is about 8-10 years old and still going strong. Granted it sat dormant for 80% of the time until I got back into the game. It's nice to carry and has just the right amount of pockets.
Southeastern Ohio / Western PA where I live is really good for golf. It might not have the nicest courses, but there are a lot of courses to play and cheap prices. I can play 3 rounds for $50 (walking of course) at most courses. The best part, due to the density of courses and smaller population, is I hardly ever have to wait for tee times or get tied up behind people. A guy I know that lives in Florida during the winter compares it to the density of courses down there,...
It's been raining cats and dogs lately and this is the first time I've played since before memorial day (I went to Vegas for a week to with the Wife and didn't golf). Also, since I've been struggling with my driver, I planned to use my 3 wood all day. Here's how it went down. HOLE 1, Par 5: I hit a decent 3 wood, but it went a little left. I still felt like I was a mile away as there was some obvious loss in distance. I'd usually hit a 4 hybrid here, but I hit another 3...
Thanks for the replies. My drives start a little left (or straight) and cut right or I pull left on occasssion. The degree of slicing varies from a little to insanity. I know part of this is mental too which makes me expect nothing less than a slice from my driver. stacks, I think I'm going to try just that next time I'm at the range. I couldn't go today, but I stepped outside today between rainshowers and simulated my swing to the right swing. When your swinging right...
Long story short, I can't hit the ball straight with my driver. If I line up straight I cut across the damn thing like it's no one's business and put a slice (or mega hook) on it. However, I can it pretty straight 45 degrees right with surprising consistency. I did this 2 days in a row at the range. After hitting every club in the bag straight or with the tiniest baby fade (like a few yards at the most) including my 3 wood off the deck, I pulled out the big stick and...
As much as I'm not into the "entire outfit the same bright ass color" look Fowler has going on, it's better than Poulter's by a mile. People say he's trendy or whatever, but everything this guy wears is awful. Villegas probably has the best look out of the lot.
Well, I was on vacation last week and it rained nearly every day this week, so I've been dying to hit some balls. I went to the range Thursday and yesterday. I've been working on my fundamentals mostly. Proper griper, stance and alignment. The grip is really coming along since I've switched to a neutral grip form my mega weak grip. It's pretty much automatic now. I can get in a good stance pretty quick now. I like to bend at the waist, let my hands hang naturally and grip...
My yardage gaps are pretty steady around 10-12 yards. However, depending on how well I struck the ball there's a 5 yd +/-. For instance, my 7 iron averages about 160, maybe a little less. 157 might be more accurate. However, if I make a really good swing I can sail it 165-168 as I've sailed the green on a 160 yd par 3 a few times. Learning my distances is really helping out my game and should be a priority for everyone.
I picked up an 07 burner 3 wood and I love it. I can mash it off the deck with ease. I was turned off by the triangular look of the 08 (or maybe 09's) and went with the older version. I'm very happy with this club. I hit the nike dymo 3 wood, but didn't like it at all. It seemed very bulbous to me. The burner is nice and thin with a fantastic weight to it. I wouldn't even play my old 3 wood off the deck due to inconsistency. Now, I don't think twice.
I bought my irons on ebay for about 60% of retail. They came brand new, in the box, still wrapped in plastic. I don't know how people can sell new clubs so cheap on ebay, but there are tons of deals to be had.