or Connect

Posts by anthony

I'm sure someone already mentioned this, but buy used. You don't have to spend a lot on your first set of sticks. A used set of Mizuno's MX line would probably be good. Then, spend the cash you have left over on some lessons. edit*** I guess you already bought some. Good deal, welcome to the club! I saw your getting lessons too. Very smart move!
Before I get to the point of the post title, a little about my weekend. First, a big thanks to iacas for his driver tip. Friday, I worked on my driver at the range with the idea of putting more weight on my front foot than usual. Well, that was the problem. I tied my best 9 hole score on Saturday thanks to my driver being straight all day. If it weren't for some bad chips and putts I know I would have broke 40. Sunday, I played in a scramble and was driving the ball...
I've got the same issue with my 56 degree wedge. It seems like if I try anything over a 3/4 or even a little less it just goes higher. Last week at the range I was hitting my 56 around 90 yds with a full swing. Well, I had that shot on Sunday and decided to try a full 56. It landed probably 12 yds short of the green. It's a different shot everytime when I try to swing full. No big deal though, just don't swing over 3/4 with my 56.
My 4 hybrid is a replacement for my 3 iron. I guess it all depends on how well you hit your 3 wood. Personally, a 3 hybrid couldn't replace my 3 wood and would fall more into the 5 wood range. In fact, I'm considering a 3 hybrid or another wedge as I only carry 13 clubs at the moment.
Safe to say I won't be watching this season. Not that the other two were any good anyways. The golf channel needs more instructional shows. Playing with the pros is the best show by far.
Okay, I was doing the opposite and starting more 50/50. I'll give it a go today. thanks.
Long story short, I randomly started staying on my front last week at the range. I think I already had a backswing that "tilted" as I've been working on not swaying this year and must have developed it a bit. I was hitting my 56 degree wedge, which I keep my weight on my front foot for and decided to try it out with my other clubs. Wow. Well, after 2 and a half range sessions, I'm hooked. Honestly, other than staying on my front foot, it doesn't feel that different. The...
What's the difference? You can't manage the course properly without a swing to put the ball where you want it to go. A golfer's swing is the most important aspect of his or her game in my opinion.
First my rant. My local course used to be a private club. I used to drive by and dream about what it would be like to play there. I always wanted to join because it was so close to home. Well, it went public last year and I was overjoyed. I played 9 after work one day and my first thoughts were it was tougher than most of the courses I played. Now, after playing it numerous times since last year, my thoughts are "Are they trying to get rid of customers?". I don't know what...
This thread got me thinking and I went to the range hitting balls with my 3 wedges to find what distances I hit certain clubs with different amounts of backswing. I always find myself trying to guess the length with half and 3/4 shots. I don't know why I didn't do this before. Making a cheat sheet just makes sense (which I'm sure I'll get into memory). That way there's no guessing and you can commit to shots. As a side note: There's a little net about 50-60 yds out I...