or Connect

Posts by anthony

Jeez, is Keegan fidgity enough? Maybe I've never really watched this guy before, but he's kind of annoying to watch.
3/4 is quite possibly what your full swing is. For me, what feels like 3/4 is indeed the full swing. Even though I have a tendency to go past that on my backswing, the results don't lie. My only swing thought, at the moment, is "feel" like my right arm is straight on the way back and start the downswing when I feel tension in front of the right elbow.   Use this thread for the straight right arm feeling:...
I don't blame him, I don't like sandals or "flip-flops" either. Especially on men, some guys needs to keep those sasquatch toes hidden.
  I agree and I don't agree with that. It should be intuitive, but it's nice to have a starting point. For me, I know that a pitch with my 61 where the club goes back to 9:00 is 15 yds. If I have 20 yds, I'll take it to 10:00 and so on.
Try a Cleveland Classics Mallet if you can. I think mine is the #2. Great putter at a cheap price.
I do something similar, but only up to an 8 iron. Mostly because a half a 9 (or whatever club) iron is a lot easier than an 80% sand wedge for me. Unless I need to land it really soft, I like the shot you're describing. 6 iron and below may be more difficult than the full swing equivalent club I suspect.
Some of these make me appreciate my playing partners a lot more.   - People that don't fix their ball marks are very annoying. I fix 4 per hole on average (except for tough par 3's). I'm generally not playing with these people though.   - "Telling a story on the tee box guy". No one wants to hear about your new fence or whatever, we're trying to tee off.   - Looking for balls forever. Dude, it went deep, we all saw it. Take your stroke and drop one already....
^^^ Bag on the green?
  I did that last week when I played by 18 myself on a day off during the week. I saw these guys teeing off on #10 when I pulled into the lot (before I got ready and paid) and I caught up to them on 18. Nothing like a 3.5 hour back nine. I wasn't even playing that fast either.
1) Pitching. 30 yards and in is what I have in my yard and I practice shots almost every day. It's already paying off, but I want to get better at them and get up and down more times than I don't.   2) More on plane backswing. I was way too steep last year and recently have got a bit too flat on my backswing. I'm practicing backswings in a mirror at home and the feeling of straight back is getting me into a good position at the top.   3) Not getting too tense on...