or Connect

Posts by brgolf

I think that's just the way it is. I have a similar issue with a lower handicap in the sense that last time out I was 7 over with 2 double bogeys. The day I shoot a really good round is that day I eradicate those doubles and from time to time it happens.
Ask yourself why the out of bounds shot happened. Was it just another example of poor driving that follows you round the course or was it an isolated poor shot amongst many good drives. I think you get better by isolating reasons why a bad shot happens. For example if I hit 1 bad drive out of 10 and on that particular drives I've stepped up to the ball with the intention of driving it 400 yards...well then it's pretty obvious what caused the poor shot.
  You can lead a horse to water...
Yea I kind of figured you had missed that line. Still think you are missing a trick here. If there are 10 people in the pack and 1 shoots a 65 to win then being in the chase was of no advantage to 9 people. That is why I am asking how many people in 2nd stayed there or finished lower?   13:24 is an amazing conversion rate from the lead.
  I've read the first post and can confirm it's 24 times.
  I would be interested to know how many times a player in 2nd finished lower after the final round this year? 24+?
It doesn't matter if you are a 100 handicap. Statistics are essential. The last thing you want to do is hit a perfectly good shot but it ends up short or long because you didn't know your distance.
Everyone should want to be in the lead. Wanting to be in second, wanting other players to have played less shots than you or wishing that your score was higher. Well, that doesn't make sense to me.   As for the psychology of leading that is a matter in itself. If you can't handle being in the lead, the solution is not to hope to be in the chasing pack but rather to work at controlling yourself when front running, to develop a superior strategy etc. And if you are...
Context is important. The course I play at has been habitually wet this summer with no roll. I play with blades which are unforgiving and crush my yardage with off centre hits. The lofts are traditional so my 7 might be as lofted as a game improvement 8.   Like Stewie and others seem to be saying, everyone has a stock distance which corresponds to the optimum shot. The lower your handicap the more often you pull off that shot.   Once I pull the 5 iron out at 165...
Average maybe 165