or Connect

Posts by WUTiger

I'm not nearly as good as the OP, but I have weeks here and there during the summer  when I can really work on my game. I'll have a week where I'll have consecutive rounds in the low 90s, and then I'll fall apart for a couple of rounds. I go to the range, and hit two good shots and then two bad misses. Repeat and rinse... The solution is just to take a week off. After the break, I go out to the range, and in about a dozen shots I've figured out what the problem...
For your overview background, I would use the driving range photo someone suggested.   For the lesson portion, have stock imagery for the lesson of the day. If the image projects to the left or right of you two, consider having a four-second video clip of someone hitting a bunker shot, hitting a drive, or a putt. Then, leave a freeze-frame on the screen which identifies it as a bunker shot, drive, etc.   For the four-second clip, use LSW community golfers who are...
 Two big factors would be clubhead speed and shaft flex. You already have the very low VCOG in the XR clubhead, and cup-face technology borrowed from the fairway woods. According to the XR promo, this increases both MOI and ball speed. You're getting help from the clubhead, so the next thing would be do you have the right shaft, and sufficient clubhead speed. All things equal, the more clubhead speed you generate, the higher you'll launch the ball. And, for mid- to hi-HDCP...
It may be my setup or my stroke, but my ratios are different.   SW = 1: 1/2 (this is when I'm 6 yards off the green and the cup is only 3 yards past the fringe). PW = 1: 1 8i = 1:2   If the greenside grass is shaggy or damp, I may add one club stronger just to get through the resistance.   Also, I would suspect clubhead design might influence the ratio, especially since a chip is a smooth rather than a power swing. A Player's head would have a higher - and possibly...
Did you fix my sentence, or my swing? Hopefully my swing...
These F2 wedges have been around for years. At a nearby Play-It-Again-Sports, two of these set in the older used club barrel.   The F2 employ a design called onset, the opposite of offset in an iron or wedge head. See below.   Do any of our TST instructors have comments on how well the "face forward" wedge works?   Note: Some hybrids also have onset heads. If interested, look up the Mizuno JPX EZ or the Hireko component Acer XF hybrids.
Since I reshafted my irons with lighter steel shafts, 7i carry distance is now 150 yds., fairly consistently.    If 150 yds. is 64% of my drives, my driver carry should be 234 yards.   My normal driver carry is anywhere from 215 to 240 yards. So, I guess I underhit my driver a little compared to the pros. But, that's not news. Much superior performance with longer clubs is one of the things that really separates the pros from us everyday people.
Loyal,   Have you been on a launch monitor lately with your driver?   Possibly the driver has some physical characteristics which don't match your swing. Some examples: Head design: Does it get the ball up enough? Does it get the ball up too much? How much spin does it generate? Shaft profile: Does the shaft match your swing speed and your transition at the top (Transition = smooth, medium or quick)? Shaft length: Could you get more control with a shorter shaft?...
The average golfer can hit the stronger-lofted SGI irons longer AND higher than GI or Player's irons. Higher launch angle leads to more carry and more distance for persons with low to average swing speed. The reason lays partially with the clubhead design of the SGI irons, which have a lower Vertical Center of Gravity then the other two.    Club designers talk to Golf Digest about head design in a 2013...
I suspect that a High-Rev or the KBS 610 might be the best shaft for your 60* Lob.   For the SW, it depends on what you want out of it. Knockdown, one-hop shots on partials: KBS Tour V. Extra spin on your partials: Hi-Rev. Balance: Either KBS 610 or the KBS Wedge.   Any chance you can try out some of these at a demo day? Vokey offers several KBS shafts for custom fits.