or Connect

Posts by WUTiger

The bolded text describes a situation in which I would complain about "pushy twosomes" trying to mess up the order of the day. Context, gentlemen. If the golf rules on this officially changes in 2012, so be it. But, I don't think the rules were meant to allow twosomes to bully other golfers on a course with an orderly pace of play already under way. Sounds like a case of Richie Rich upset because he has to play with the common folk. If it was a wide open course, I would...
mouellette,   Hope to see  you posting more often.   What you might do is put a What's In My Bag segment either in your sig line, or in the List function. If we know the model and mix of you clubs, and the shaft types, we can better tell what you're trying to do with your game.   As for gapping the 4i and Driver, you might try a 2H and 4H combination. A single-digit guy I play with went this way summer past with good results.   As golfingdad said, you can always...
 This Ralph Maltby article covers different aspects of wedge clubhead design which determine effective bounce: http://ralphmaltby.com/50
Take off the hat when shaking hands at 18th hole?   Maybe it I'm playing in a pro tournament with a caddie or at a nice club with caddies. I could probably manage this. But if I'm playing without a valet (AKA caddie),  if I have a putter and my ball in my left hand, and shake with my right, what am I supposed to do with my hat?   As for hats inside the clubhouse... if it's at the turn, snackbar space is limited, and is there room to put your hat down? Do you want to...
One thing to check is the shaft lengths on your wedges.   For numbered irons, the rule of thumb is: 4* loft and 1/2" difference in shaft length means a 10 to 12-yard yardage gap for the average golfer.   In wedges, most companies have gone to 1/4" shaft increments between wedge groups (G, S and L), so that can influence distance.   For the lasts several wedge models, Cleveland has gone to only 1/8" difference in shaft length between the different groups: Here's...
Basic rule in most places: Threesomes and foursomes sent off the tee together by the starter have "standing" on the course. Singles and twosomes do not have "standing."   Pushy twosomes cause a lot of unpleasantness on golf courses.   That's when I get the urge to walk up to Mr. Pushie's ball and knock it out of bound.
I've  talked to lots of golf shop managers through the years - both private owners and chain supervisors. Consensus is that Ping is the most difficult golf OEM to deal with. Ping had a big enforcement push circa 2007. Two local shops got put on probation for pricing violations, and simply dumped Ping when the probation ended.  In Ping's defense, they make excellent clubs, and for a set of new irons often come in at $100 less than TM and Callaway.
 peteraleman, Despite variations in their name, non-municipal golf courses in our area mainly shake out into two varieties: equity Country Clubs and semi-private Golf Clubs. A Country Club requires members to pay an initiation fee and buy some stock, and normally has some vetting process by existing members. Besides initiation and stock $$, you have the monthly dues and facilities assessment, plus annual assessments for club storage, locker rental, range fee, etc. Normally...
Olympic golf would be much more interesting if only amateurs played. The world's pros have plenty of venues for exposure, and I don't know how interesting it would be to see Rory and Tiger play in Brazil.   I volunteered at the Curtis Cup this summer (Women Amateurs: USA vs. Britain/Ireland). I really found it interesting to see the amateurs play, and hear their different life stories. If we are serious about growing the game, let's get the amateurs into the spotlight:...
For many better players, this may be the case: If you can actually hit a 1-iron, you don't need a 1-iron - other technology is more reliable.