or Connect

Posts by WUTiger

Years ago, I hit a 9i into a short par 3, landed a foot past cup, and spun back 2" in front of cup- easy birdie.   For this season, I am to blame for your ball not going into the cup.   On July 31, I teed it up on a 166-yd. par 3, hit a 6i onto the front fringe, and watched it release 12 feet forward into the cup for a hole in one. The cosmic order only allows so many HOIs on 166-yd. par 3 holes, so I may have absorbed the last one for 2014. (Please forgive...
David, I try to track the models of golf clubs from cycle to cycle - and all the constant releases make it hard to track. I know, it's not a very good reason to get concerned...
I'm a so-so golfer who basically put golf on the shelf for 18 months one time, and for three years another time. I knew life would be hectic in the coming months, so I prevented frustration by just walking away for awhile.   I know a dozen or so golfers who thought they were good - but really weren't - and quit in frustration. The course was a lot quieter with their departure.   Two guys I really felt bad for were single-digit HDCP golfers who quit over physical...
For golf equipment, I prefer the circa 2007 cycle which saw a given product model stay in production for about two years (or maybe 3 years for low-sale players irons).   If the pros want to play around with prototypes, that's fine. They have swings finely tuned enough that 1/4" here or 4 grams of weight there might make a different. For most of us, get close to ideal on a fitting, and then learn how to maximize that club!   I want Callaway to offer improvements in...
Use the Mizuno shaft optimizer short list as a starting point. Test out the recommended shafts in the Miz clubhead you want to buy.   Two of the three felt a bit harsh when I tested them out in the JPX-825 and JPX-825 Pro.
Check out the GolfWorks shaft selector. It will give you a shaft band based on swing features. From there, you would need to try out different shafts from that shaft band. http://www.golfworks.com/article.asp?ai=202   Also, see if you can get a Deep Red Tour II demonstrator 6 iron. Then, you could try out different shafts in the demonstrator and compare it to your current 6i performance.
Concerns over PGA pro on-course attire go back to the Sixties.   During the Sixties, the nation endured a decade-plus of turmoil - the Civil Rights movement, the Women's movement, the Vietnam War and related protests, and finally the Watergate Scandal which brought down the Nixon presidency. Long-haired hippies and people of color started pushing into the mainstream.   In the aftermath, corporate America looked upon the PGA Tour and the country clubs as the last...
Tuscany has a dozen or so golf courses. Check out the regional website: http://www.to-tuscany.com/local-tuscany/sports-and-activities/golf/   (There's a Tuscany golf course in Las Vegas, so that may be all you get unless you include Italy in the Google search).
I feel bad for you. You caddied at the place, thought it would be "great" to be a member, but find the people abrasive.   Of the two places where I caddied at (circa 1970s), one is way out of my price range and the second - if I lived closer - might be OK if I could dodge the semi-rich poseurs. But, I'm more of a semi-private golf club person: Give me good golf and bratwursts in the snack bar, and you can keep your tennis courts and swimming pool.   I'm not sure what...
The two sub-par rounds in tournaments raise a red flag, but I can't tell for sure.   Possible influences: Plays non-tournament rounds with business clients, and may not be fully focused on golf. He practices more at tournament time, and has his game in better shape. (This assumes the tournament rounds are bunched together, and not scattered here and there. It would be useful to see the various rounds in the sequence in which they occurred, maybe with tournament...