or Connect

Posts by WUTiger

On the other side of things, three years ago I had 0 (yes, zero) GIR, but managed an 89 (17 over).   I even birdied the 18th hole, running in a 24-foot putt from the back fringe.   (I was spraying my irons that day, and had lots of short chip shots). 
Trimming the tip will stiffen a shaft noticeably. You should consult the shaft's trim chart to determine the stiffness change.  Technically, trimming the butt stiffens it a little, a slight fraction change you wouldn't notice for an inch. Trimming from the butt will change the swingweight, about 3 points per half inch. So, your club is now 6 swingweights lighter (assuming you regrip with the same weight grip). As for the ball ballooning, any of the three could be a factor....
It depends on which flavor of True Temper shaft you have. It's best to go check the specs to be sure. For the XP95 and XP105, the R300 and S300 are high launch shafts - similar to the old Dynalites, but not as heavy.In the Dynamic Golf variants, the R300 and S300 are low launch. Be aware that the shaft characteristics listed in the club manufacturer catalogs don't always match the TT website specs. 
I would suggest hitting both the i25 and the G25. You can get an excellent clubhead comparison, because both have the CFS as the stock steel shaft. (quite a shaft!)   CFS Regular = 99 grams / CFS Stiff = 109 grams // both are midlaunch.   I got to hit both during a Ping preview day when the golf shop was almost empty. I did OK with the i25, but I could hit the G25 about 8 yards longer and a bit higher. (A full fitting would probably put me in a G25 w/ CFS R.flex). I...
@Hammer 4,   I didn't mean to direct my remark at you negatively... rather, I thought you had an excellent quote from Frank N. I meant to use your remarks as a springboard for more discussion. 
 I suspect that Bubba Watson has the personality trait of "low self monitor." He says what he feels at a given moment, even if it's not the smoothest thing to do. I doubt if Bubba will make it later in life as a politician - just not slick enough. But, Bubba is an accomplished golfer, appears to treat his wife and son well, and doesn't appear to engage in felonious behavior. His prickliness toward his caddie, and on-course quirks... hey, he's human. As far as the religious...
These two True Temper shafts have different weight and dynamics:   XP95_S300:  95 grams, high launch, medium spin. Dynamic Gold S300: 130 grams, low launch, medium spin. (FCM = 5.8, slightly light to flex compared to other stiffs)   http://www.truetemper.com/products/   Note: Uniflex shafts from the X18 era were mid-launch, and would fall between the above two in weight; and would be slightly softer in...
The 6-foot-4 is critical information. If you can, make the 150-mile trek to the fitter. You might drive up the day before so you aren't tired. Your problem with standard length/lie club isn't just in your swing. The wrong-size clubs can injure your back. One very tall golfer who developed such problems was Cary Mittlecoff, a dentist from Memphis. He played on the PGA Tour as as regular from 1947 to 1962. He scored 40 wins, including 2 US Opens and a Master's. But, he had...
G10 irons were an excellent model of Super Game Improvement (SGI) clubs. I tried them back in 2008. The G10 and the Callaway Big Berthas has the same problem for me: both models came with high-launch stock shafts, and just hung the ball up too high.   At the time I ended up going with the Callaway X20 - also SGI, but with a midlaunch shaft.   You should have no trouble getting shots up with the G10.   As for your height, this would figure into the lie angle (how...
 My pro urges players to buy clubs for the swing they have. So, take buckshot's lead and get some lessons first. If you can get rid of any basic swing glitches, you'll have a better idea of what clubs you need.