or Connect

Posts by WUTiger

@Club Rat - The first local TST guy I met at StL Golf Expo... invited me to play at WingHaven, and is trying to organize some TST outings. Works on clubs, really knows the details...   @teamroper60 - The second local TST guy I met, also at expo. My wife Shirley and I supper with tr60 and wife Bernie at Golf Expo. Really a nice couple... I need to make it up to Troy MO to play with him.   The guys at St. Louis Archland Golfers... we formed up this past summer, now we...
 Your remarks above are a bit confusing. the 5i stiff "seems more forgiving" but doesn't "get up in the air" like the Faultless. Also, your comments on loft are confusing... new 5i has less loft, but they look the same.. (?) If the Stiff 5i is fairly new, it may likely will have less loft than the Faultless (from 1970s). Lofts have been getting stronger since the late 1980s. A quick comparison:   Model Year 5i loft Average...
I would like to compare the RSi to the SLDR irons. On the SLDRs, a hit toward the toe or heel (but still within the horizontal grooves) seemed to maintain good distance, but pushed out to the right or pulled back left by the time it had landed. It's similar to the pattern of the wide toe and heel shots from the RSi video with Iron Byron.   I would want to see how much of a "correction factor" the RSi model delivers - on toe or heel hits - compared to the the SLDRs. Net...
Here are the specs for GBB Tungsten- Titanium irons.   http://www.2ndswing.com/p-6150-callaway-big-bertha-tungsten-titanium-single-iron.aspx   No column for offset or bounce, however.  Callaway does not include this info on irons in its Pocket Reference Guides or its consumer online specs tables.   You need to e-mail Callaway and ask for the full factory specs table (usually a spreadsheet). They sent me these sheets for the X20 and X20 Tour iron sets about four years...
Be careful on putting too much emphasis on your "wrist to floor" measurement. It serves as a rough starting point to suggest shaft length for initial fitting. (from GolfWorks school) Your stance and posture are much more important in determining proper shaft length.
80% HDCP + all from the same tees is reasonable - and understandable.   A second adjustment + different tees = arcane accounting assignment, not a golf match.
If you get a nick in the face of a club, take it to a jewelry shop. They have precision grinding equipment, plus the skill to remove the nick without damaging the rest of the face.
A larger-headed FW will give you more confidence when you use it off the tee because the head looks larger.    But when the larger heads appear to catch on the turf, it may actually be a balance issues - not size issues. The balance issue relates to the location of the Vertical Center of Gravity (VCOG) in the clubhead.   Position 1 shows a VCOG which is high and forward. This would tend to give a hot, "power" low-spin, low trajectory launch. You might find this in...
Above 60 degrees with some sun.   November through February are pretty much out; I use this time to complete nuisance projects that might interfere with golf in warmer weather. I might make an exception if the day is fairly warm. 
No. 11 says don't practice 20-foot putts. I always hit a few just to get the feel of the green on a given day.    Four to eight footers will help you with one-putts, BUT, not practicing a few longer putts can lead to three-putts. The area Forest Park courses have several holes with long, narrow greens. Count on a couple of 50-footers each round.   Remember, this is the same Golf Digest that once advised us to sell all our clubs which were more than two years old.