or Connect

Posts by WUTiger

The best club for top amateurs - or anyone else - are the clubs that work for them. In 2009, I started looking for replacements for component Eye2-clone irons I had custom-fitted for me in 1994. I found a new set, and continued to test other iron models that came out in that time. What I found was this: just about all the major OEMs made at least one model of irons I could play - as long as I got the proper shafts. Remember that tour pros who play sponsored irons must...
Consider getting a wedge fitting. If you play both soft and firm turf, a fitting mat would split the difference between the two.   If you like the 588 RTX CB, you might get them with better bounces and swap out the old ones. Since the 2.0 version has arrived, the original model only costs $99 now at Galaxy and Golfsmith.
If you could you give us some more information, it would help.   * What model irons do you have?   * Are the GW, SW and LW the same model as the iron set? (For example, all from G25?) If so, tell us the model.   * If not, are the GW, SW and LW all the same model? (What is it?) Or, do you have an assortment of different models?   * What is your distance yardstick for quarter, half and 3/4 shots among your wedges?
Most courses I've played have at least one bone-headed hole design - even those built by famous golfers.
 Can we squeeze one in before it snows? I'll have to post it on the Archland msg board. Maybe @Club Rat could host another one where a few people actually show up.
Since you are a novice at this, see if you can find a demo 6i that's the same model as your iron set. Practice pulling the shaft and reshafting on the demo 6i before you do your actual set.
@Club Rat - The first local TST guy I met at StL Golf Expo... invited me to play at WingHaven, and is trying to organize some TST outings. Works on clubs, really knows the details...   @teamroper60 - The second local TST guy I met, also at expo. My wife Shirley and I supper with tr60 and wife Bernie at Golf Expo. Really a nice couple... I need to make it up to Troy MO to play with him.   The guys at St. Louis Archland Golfers... we formed up this past summer, now we...
 Your remarks above are a bit confusing. the 5i stiff "seems more forgiving" but doesn't "get up in the air" like the Faultless. Also, your comments on loft are confusing... new 5i has less loft, but they look the same.. (?) If the Stiff 5i is fairly new, it may likely will have less loft than the Faultless (from 1970s). Lofts have been getting stronger since the late 1980s. A quick comparison:   Model Year 5i loft Average...
I would like to compare the RSi to the SLDR irons. On the SLDRs, a hit toward the toe or heel (but still within the horizontal grooves) seemed to maintain good distance, but pushed out to the right or pulled back left by the time it had landed. It's similar to the pattern of the wide toe and heel shots from the RSi video with Iron Byron.   I would want to see how much of a "correction factor" the RSi model delivers - on toe or heel hits - compared to the the SLDRs. Net...
Here are the specs for GBB Tungsten- Titanium irons.   http://www.2ndswing.com/p-6150-callaway-big-bertha-tungsten-titanium-single-iron.aspx   No column for offset or bounce, however.  Callaway does not include this info on irons in its Pocket Reference Guides or its consumer online specs tables.   You need to e-mail Callaway and ask for the full factory specs table (usually a spreadsheet). They sent me these sheets for the X20 and X20 Tour iron sets about four years...