or Connect

Posts by WUTiger

I can remember most of the shots for a round. But, I can't remember the distances - especially of the putts - unless I write them down after each hole.   If I have played or walked a course twice, I can usually remember all the holes - in sequence. This includes the hole yardage for the tees I played, or for the tournament set-up. I guess I picked this up from my days as as caddie.
The RBZ 4i is 20* in loft, rather than 17*. Why are you skipping the 4i?   When I play my SLDR irons, I sometimes carry the 4i. My home course has two "wreck your round" short par 4 holes, and the 4i is great for putting a straight shot in the narrow fairways.  But, my 4H is more reliable off the fairway.   The SLDRs have the speed pocket, plus Thru-Slots on the sole of the 3i-7i, so the longer irons launch quite well. The 4i works off a tee (super), but as I said is...
In that case, the GrDe stiff should work well on the FWs.
A Ping Pal putter (circa 1973) may find its way back into my bag if my Ping B60 Scottsdale doesn't start finding the cup more often.
OTH,   Here are the specs on the XRail FW stock shafts: EXOTICS XRAIL FAIRWAY STOCK SHAFT SPECIFICATIONS MODEL FLEX WEIGHT LAUNCH TORQUE GRAPHITE DESIGN G-SERIES 60 L 53g HIGH 5.0 GRAPHITE DESIGN G-SERIES 60 A 58g HIGH 4.5 GRAPHITE DESIGN...
If you have a pro you work with, have a swing check to make sure you don't have a swing/setup problem.   But, as saevel suggested, I suspect with your clubhead speed applied to R-flex shafts/cavity back head you're ballooning shots.   A few years back I was still playing S-flex for my clubs. When I would travel and get to play golf unexpectedly, the clubs I rented were usually R flex. I found I was "swinging easy" with the lighter feel, and losing about a half club in...
For irons, I've landed in the area of lightweight steel shafts (about 100 grams or so) in R.Flex. The ultralight steel or graphite shafts for irons just felt too light (overswing anyone?)   But, since January I have test-hit Big Bertha and new XR irons in the PX.SD 5.5  and UST Recoil 460 - both graphite - and the TT SpeedStep 80 R and S flex steel.   To my surprise, the two graphites (about 60 grams each) felt more solid than the SpeedStep 80 (at about 90 grams). The...
Last week, I asked the guys at the local Golf Galaxy if they would carry the new Hogan Ft. Worth 15 irons and TK 15 wedges. They said the new clubs would not be available through golf retail chains. I contacted Ben Hogan Golf Equipment Co., and got this reply from territory manager Kyle McKelvey: This is the same track Ping took in its early years.
short iron,   I would need to see the physical specs from Ralph Maltby site, which is down for maintenance this weekend.   MacGregor Tourney 2014 would be solid, durable irons - I'm just not sure how user-friendly they are for a beginning golfer.
If the range gets too crowded, I worry about safety. The pre-round golfers are stacked in about 6 feet apart, and some joker tries to slip in between and almost hits me in the head on his backswing. Some 2-year-old runs onto the practice green while people are practicing short wedges.