or Connect

Posts by Maker

I still have 2.5 feet of snow on the ground...oh how I can't wait for that spring thaw.  At this point the ground alone would be a welcome sight, nonetheless pine needles (haven't seen it since December).  :)
I tend to agree that ill kept Tee boxes are quite aggrivating.  The two things that irk me the most are slanted ones (nothing like teeing off with the ball below my feet), or missing grass (not that I care where the ball is, but I'd like something for my spikes to hold onto rather than sand/dirt).  If they are too bad I simply tee off elsewhere.  If they are not going to bother maintaining them I am not going to bother using them.
My pro gave me a drill to work on to fix my slice since he thought my timing was off on my downswing.  Grab your driver and pick a target only about 150 yards off.  Feet together take a nice easy back swing and do only half a back swing.  With about 50% of your power take your swing with the equivalent half way follow through.  Keep working on this small swing until you can consistently hit that 150 marker.  Once you feel comfortable with that, gradually start increasing...
The key for me to getting my take away where I wanted it was slowing it down, then focusing on keeping my left arm straight and getting my turn completed without moving my head. Besides slowing it down I made sure to practice it in stages to get the feel for each part of the positioning. I try to get the sense that my hands are being kept away from my body, and make sure that while I am hinging my wrists I don't want them to feel too loose the top (because I had a habit...
If I had to guess (which of course I do without seeing your swing), I'd gamble that you are still using some cheats/adjustments that you had in your set up that you used on your old swing (which you were likely implementing to compensate for your swing). If you are hitting left make sure your grip isn't too strong, that you are not closing the club face at set up, and that you are not aimed down that line. If you have improved your swing and eliminated the need for...
Hind sight is 20/20, and if you hit the shots well the story would have been very different. The only real hot spots I pull out of your thread are the agressive line on 17 and putting it in the water on 18. Without seeing how rough the dogleg is it's tough to judge whether the move was right, but one thing to try differently next time is start it more right off the box and try to draw it where you need it. That or maybe even lay up if your second shot would still get...
Ping I15 set (4-PW, Steel, Stiff shaft, Yellow dot, +1/4) Cleveland CG15 56 degree wedge Nike glove Absolutely love the I15's. Added 20 yards over my old TM supersteels, and look great at address. Next on the list is a new driver (thinking the R9 Trispeed or the Calloway Diablo Edge).
Well, there is no rule that says you have to use the SW on bunker shots, and I will often swich club depending on the distance I need to carry (though I will say I never go with more loft than the SW). I think trying a couple things might help you out here, 1) try opening the SW face more. It's possible that you are leaving it with too much loft for the short shot. 2) Hit more sand. With a bunker shot you can change how hot the ball comes out by how far behind the ball...
Without seeing it I would guess 1 of three things. 1) Standing up/leaning back instead of rotating through the shot 2) Ball tee'd too low 3) Ball too far forward in your set up
Working on my short game, i.e. chips and flop shots. Currently my distance control is not where it needs to be, and I tend to decellerate on the down swing when chipping, resulting in too many missed shots. This is the major obstacle for me getting to a lower HC, so I need to grow my skill and confidence there. Ultimately I want to get to single digits, so practice practice practice...