or Connect

Posts by nevets88

This show is almost close to Ingmar Bergman territory in terms of wanting to slit your wrists so you can stop watching. Lindelof loves manipulating your emotions.Six Feet Under was a depressing show - but it was life affirming at the same time. And had its funny moments. And I enjoyed watching it. The Leftovers, no.And I f&)ing hate the Guilty Remnants.Halt and Catch Fire I am enjoying the heck out of but it winks at you with current day references a bit much.The UK C4's...
Yeah. I did a double take on that too. His blog posts are too wall of text for me to scan through to see how he's practicing. And based on quick scans I just can't get a clear idea of how he's practicing. His YT page shows lessons and swings and practice but they're scattershot. And I don't see in those vids how he's practicing differently than everyone else given the deliberate practice angle.Pretty much the opposite of the Jason Day piece that detailed him hitting balls...
Hate is a strong word. I wish the guy best of luck in his endeavor but some of us on this thread is calling out what we see as it is and not sugar coating things.By saying he just needs 10K hours of deliberate practice to get on tour trivializes those who sacrificed much more and have more talent who never made it or are continuing to try and those already on it.By making deliberate practice as part of his mission statement and not carrying it out that well is...
I never knew Tiger Woods ad libbed the tackle in this old Nike commercial. This is an outtake. They all get the funnies afterwards. So that's how he screwed up his knee!     
Beginning to not hate the DTL view of my swing as much. Not straightening the legs as before here.  
 Vision 54 practice - is that more of a mental thing though? Rather than deliberate practice, practice at the edge of your ability, Daniel Coyle type practice? I assumed that's what he's been trying to do? I dunno - I don't read enough of his blog to know, but I know this. I see little or video of him practicing, like some of the vids @mvmacor @iacas demonstrate. If I were doing a Dan Plan where deliberate practice is part and parcel of the mission statement, you're damn...
His listing number is 0. Guy is basically self appointed. :-)
Just look at all the wacked out angles on YouTube. Camera on ground. 60ft back.The bubble level helps. Even my el cheapo $20 tripod has one.
It's hard the judge a swing by video I would think. You need to see his ball flight, dispersion, etc. Some guys have not so aesthetically pleasing swings and they're tour pros, on the minor league tours, etc although instruction using video is changing that. There are some wonky looking swings out there and they can shoot lights out. Bottom line is he is scoring mid to high 80s in sanctioned tournaments in a state that is sorry Oregon, not as competitive as Florida or...
Or like someone who had a quarter life/career crisis, threw something on the wall, and it stuck enough to be somewhat interesting and sustaining.All the positivity on his media platforms, and it's fine if you're contributing, we're all free to do whatever we want with our money, but it's just a major turnoff to me.Just throw out the deliberate practice angle, which the morning show hostess misnamed as dedicated practice, remove it because I don't see much of it and just...