or Connect

Posts by nevets88

Wait.... what? Did they have distance rocks back then?
 Well, the aerial skier was 5' 2"? To a naysayer like me, he didn't change my opinion at all, but I see why he acquired and maintains his following now. He's done lots of media appearances I'm guessing, but this is the first I'm seeing of him in an interview. He touched on little bits deliberate practice, could have done more? That's the novelty of his endeavor, no? But telly is a terrible format to go into that nuance. Not enough time. Viewers don't have the attention...
 If that happened, sounds like something Dan Hicks would repeat over and over and over again.
 If they were using wood woods and balata balls, than Bubba Watson & co better tag one 375+, I'm guessing?
  Sorry to go off topic, this is the last you'll hear from me about it, but it is somewhat related. Absolute pitch - just because you have it is no guarantee that you'll become a great musician. It is overrated. OVER friggin' RATED. The fact that the media trot this out (absolute pitch) when talking about nature vs nurture, talent vs practice, makes the conversation seem more superficial. It's like they all drag out these cliches over and over again and don't bring up...
SBS program tl;dr   Dan: didn't play a complete round until 2 years into plan. (To Dr. Ericsson) Do you think he'll make it? I think hat's the wrong question to ask. Question is will he find any attribute that helps him to achieve high levels (paraphrasing). What's your handicap? Between 2.6 and 4. ATP tennis coach - 100,000 hours, no way. Dan: Talent is ability to stay engaged for a long time. Considered architecture, music but chose golf.   I like this...
I like that there are no labels, anywhere, at least from this view, especially on the golf bag. Stuff nowadays, labeling, logos, etc... everywhere.
 http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2014/7/23/one-and-done-pga-announces-long-drive-plans.html
 I always drive slower on local country roads. And give cyclists, runners, plenty of passing room, I know what it's like as a cyclist to get passed at close proximity at high speeds. I think one of the reasons I'm a better driver is that I'm an active cyclist and runner and I know this POV well. I'm generalizing, but in the city where I ride, suburban drivers are the worst at dealing with cyclists because they're not used to seeing them. They expect you to stop on a dime -...