or Connect

Posts by DocWu1948

Congrats to your dad, Mr. Aguierre. That's an impressive feat.   Aces are mostly luck, but when you get more than one, now it's skill, knowledge and reps because you've beaten the odds.   If Touring Pro's saw the same set of  short par 3's that I see on my Muni's twice a week,  they have the skill with their wedges to get a bunch of aces.
Re: Shoes.   Last weekend at the Encompass Championship (Senior Tour), I came early and my socks and shoes were thoroughly soaked by the morning dew. My waterproof DryJoys would have been nice, but by noon my footware had dried enough that I no longer heard and felt my footware squishing.   I doubt anyone looks at your shoes, but yes, I also feel those particular golf shoes and shorts are kind of dorky for spectators. 
I play with a group of retired guys, The pool of players is around 24-30 although we typically have 12-16 guys coming out for our twice a week rounds.  I estimate that most of the guys have over well over 1000 rounds in their career, but let's use 25000 rounds as a total.   I would say 40% of the group have aces. One guy has had three. A few have two.  Three years ago,  four of the more active players in the group got aces in the same summer, but only two were during...
What I would have done is hit at the next tee, and if they catch up while we are going to our second shot, we step aside on the fairway and signal them to hit and play thru. This assumes the course was as described, empty. But prior to that, if I knew the course was empty, it would have been galling to make that offer on the first tee to a couple. You don't know if they are faster or slower than your group. If they catch you on course, you know.
People with that kind of money should be paying someone to manage their money. I find it hard to believe Lefty is looking at an Ameritrade screen on his laptop in a hotel room and clicking his mouse. So he's telling his broker that he's heard some good things about Chlorox.   On the other hand, the trade in question was a $225K deal for an 5 day call option. It took in several million.  That's the kind of bet that takes big balls for a golfer to make unless you know...
Well, it's snowing (briefly) in the suburbs west of Chicago this morning,
I picked up golf at age 53. Took early retirement and my wife signed me up at the community college for a six week group lesson, twice a week at the driving range. So I  had six practice sessions by week 4, including one on etiquette when a group of us went over to a  nine hole muni and had a good time.   Got my son into the game the same way. Took him to the range for a few weeks. He hit so many shanks, the owner moved us to the far end station to protect the other...
Just curious. If  this is related to a business and you're hosting them, shouldn't the company pay for their rounds?   If it's a weekend thing outside of work activities, I could see everyone paying their own way.
As for the PAT, 50% of the people who take it NEVER pass, ever, and only about 1-2% pass the first time they take it. When I read Tom Coyne's Paper Tiger, about his quest to get into Q-school, I wondered how come he failed his PAT. Well, if only 2% pass on their first shot, I understand the mental requirements a lot better.
Noisier is better for me,  Then, when I get out on the course, I care less about what's going on around me. People yakking, bozos on the highway honking their horns, lawn mowers, trains, and even roosters are all part of my golf environment. I just tell myself it's the range where you always pure a shot ....  and half the time I do.