or Connect

Posts by DocWu1948

They're building a second one on the Chicago area. I visited the first one in the middle of winter about four years ago. A friend and I were looking for an alternative to an indoor driving range. It's much better than hitting balls in a dome, but more expensive. If we had gotten into the game mentality, hitting to targets, etc, plus pizza , beer, GF's and wives ....  sure, it might be a fun evening, but we just wanted to hit balls.   Other people  must like it though or ...
While you guys inear Los Angeles are mopping up the water this weekend, Chicago is  going above 50F with overcast skies,  No snow on the ground, but the ponds are still frozen, Just warm enough to go play.
Living in a dorm for three weeks. Eating in cafeterias. No Gulfstream. Security everywhere. Why would a Touring Pro used to the good life of the PGA want to go to Brazil in 2016.
My goal is to relax, have fun, golf more than I did this year,  and be able to post the same goals a year from now for 2016.
So why does a Wooly Bear cross the green? Beats me. I move them to the other side when I see them. I learned that they, like Illinois golfers,  hibernate all winter too, I played yesterday though when we hit 60F. The next ten days say too cold for golf.
When I got married, fathers were still going to court to get admitted to the maternity ward birthing rooms. It was around 1970 and my cousin was in there. He passed out when the delivery started. An alert was triggered and they had staff running to the room thinking a baby was in trouble and it was only my cousin lying on the floor. I attended my son's birth, but they whipped up a curtain when it started and I saw my kid after it was over. I'm amazed that families now have...
Had a 75 going onto #17.  I'll have my lowest round this year if I just bogey the last two holes for an 11. I'll have my second lowest round this year if I double bogey both for a 13. Putts were dropping Driver was working, I even had two sandies. Let's do it!   Not.   -I get out of my pre-shot routine on #!7 watching  two guys weave their carts into the fairway looking for a ball. Normally I just walk up and hit with minimal swing thoughts. Here I stood staring at...
Have you been playing this weekly game for a while? If that's their protocol, then you have to abide by their rules, but I really I think they should have told you before you before the luck of the draw happened.   I suppose the Pro doesn't pay, but he doesn't collect either? And having him on your team gives you odds to take half the pot? Only reason I can see for him getting a pass.
 I've played this course often and it was involved in a lawsuit over a neighbor struck by an errant tee shot. It was not mentioned in that link, but the lady also sued the entire foursome, not just the golfer who hit the ball that struck her. They were dismissed from the suit by the judge early in the case when it was shown they had yelled "fore".  So always yell fore, if you play in Illinois. It means you gave a proper warning.  On the other hand, if you have a bad slice...
As a matter of fact, Clinton and Bush Senior deserve awards for promoting pace of play in golf. They have played together and finished 18 holes in less than two hours. According to Rick Reilly, they routinely gave each other 20 footers. Perks of the office. No one in front and everything on the green is good.