or Connect

Posts by sethro5hc

I have two of these, both of which I'm sure will never happen to me again (although one is good and one not so much).   1.  When I was probably about 18 I thought I was John Daly and my driver swing included a shoulder somewhere in between Daly and Jaime Sadlowski.  Unfortunately, unlike those guys I was just as likely to completely miss as I was to hit it anywhere near my target.  Well one day I'm playing with my dad at a decent course and on hole #2 off the tee I...
You could drop all the way down to the Hi-bore XL... lol I got one of those on ebay for $35. And a TM RCG r7 Max limited for $103, and an SQ sasquatch sumo for $73...man I'm addicted to ebay.
Yea I've got three dogs I'm concerned about thinking they're new chew toys. That plus lawnmowers that are attracted to practice balls. Plus, 1/3 the distance is just long enough for me to crank an iron into my neighbors pool! Of course if I hook it like usual it'll just hit my house so I should be good.
they sell them at Dicks sporting goods, not cheap but not overly expensive either. http://www.almostgolf.com/index.php/...or/Itemid,137/ Just type in your zip code.
Well the science makes sense. Assume a half inch increment between length of each irons, so from 4-pw it's a difference in length of 3 inches. Well, check the calculations with a driver which has more length and more CHS speed. A very simplified equation where you can assume the lengthened shaft will have the same weight and could be swung with the same rotational speed will show that adding 3 inches to a 46" driver would THEORETICALLY give a 120 mph swing, a bump up to...
I dont have any yet myself, but I'm pretty sure they're made of a hard enough compound that they don't bend, dent, and get out of shape like typical yellow foam backyard balls, they have dimple designs so the aerodynamics are the same, they fly the exact same as a regular ball but 1/3 the distance. So you can practice with your sand wedge in your backyard. If these balls slice, a real one would've and so on and so forth. I'd like to get some and see how accurate they...
Man they can do soo much with dimple aerodynamics it's ridiculous. You know they could, and did, eliminate dimples on the sides of golf balls, leaving only a sort of stripe running around the middle? dimples are what creates the lift, but also what creates slices and fades. If you impart spin on the ball then the direction it's spinning towards is the direction it goes due to the relative velocity of the air on that side. The ball takes the path of least resistance......
haha, forget hammering dimples into your car for better fuel efficiency... just throw down like 120k and get one of these bad boys...no gas at all and 0-60 in under 4 seconds! http://www.teslamotors.com/ OH, and even more interesting, the stats of colorado for WHATEVER reason, is giving $42,000 rebates for anybody buying this car in Colorado before Dec. 1st. Why? No clue, but I saw that on aol this morning.
ha, fluid dynamics is such a weird subject. I went to GT for mechanical engineering and actually did my capstone senior project on a fuel efficiency project that involved a lot of fluid dynamics and even the 60 year old doctors at the GT research institute didn't understand all the equations associated with it. That's why all fluid dynamic stuff is just tested in water and wind tunnels and they basically guess and check designs, rather than trying to calculate then build...
By far the most important thing about a driver is to play what you're comfortable with. If you've hit a regular flex your whole life and are accustomed to it, you'll probably struggle a bit at first if you switch the flex. You're sort've in the grey area where your stats would indicate either would work for you. Maybe try a shaft that's rated S but is light in weight with a lower cpm, or a R shaft that's a little heavier with a higher cpm. That way you can get...