or Connect

Posts by david_wedzik

We have recently begun filming for a DVD release of Lowest Score Wins and once complete there will be a large scale marketing campaign begun on Golf Channel and elsewhere. We would really love to hear from those of you who have read the book and begun putting the principles to work. What we'd like from you, if you'd like to see yourself on Golf Channel in a commercial for LSW, is your best heartfelt short testimonial for LSW. Here are some guidelines for filming the...
 To follow up on Erik's thoughts I'll just say I'm not surprised by this comment. I think a fair percentage of people who read the section may feel that way. We discussed these types of comments being made, in fact, while writing the book. However, I believe that it's far more perception than reality as it seems, after reading, like this is the common sense way to look at things. I actually like to hear this type of comment as I think it adds great credibility to the...
Nice job on the analysis @iacas - I'll add that this is not uncommon to see this type of transformation in an hour once the person understands how to do it properly. We hit shots one handed (right hand) for a while and she was quickly better one handed than she had been two handed previously. Right hand only shots are one of my favorite ways to get the feel of the backswing and the way the club "falls" across to a student.   Something telling from the before swing was...
 This is not that uncommon and I wish I had an answer that you'd really like to hear  -- you've learned what you need to do and how to work on the things to improve your motion and your start lines -- but you are in a bit of limbo. What I mean is that you are still most likely doing things in your "previous manner" but your mind is filled with the thoughts that it takes to do things correctly (with some more practice and time to get things right this gets better, trust...
Hi Bill - I spoke with Erik earlier today and told him I'd have a look at your swing. Really nice job overall and your structure is certainly solid. The biggest priority for you is Key 3 (Inline Impact) and working on this will help Key 4 (Sweetspot Path) as well. It will take care of a the issue with the fades and the added loft/higher shots pretty quickly.  Notes are on the images which I exported from my Analyzr Pro software.   Dave      
 I think that is a fair plan. And I think it is fair to say that there are small adjustments to be made with any strategy. The problem is that the potential variables for SMALL adjustments are just too many to list here. That is why broad scope advice is difficult to give. That said, most people, without an in person GamePlan structure (which we will be offering with schools, etc. btw once the book is released) should heed this advice to shoot lower scores.  It is easy...
After reading through a lot of the comments I should add this now.   This SEEMS as if it is very easy to implement in your game.  It SEEMS that you should just be able to read the advice and start heeding it.  It WON'T be that easy I can assure you. I have struggled at times in my own game to take my own advice.  Challenge yourself to see how good you can be at acting on this.  Make aggressive plays to conservative targets. Again, it WON'T be easy 
Erik is right that those swings meet the definition of steady. Most of this has to do with the fact that he is a tour player and it is not causing him any direct issues. I would have more concern if this happened to be, say, a single digit handicapper and the compensations necessary were creating ball flight issues. There are two parts to be considered as we look at players like this...1) is the head, as a reference point, steady per the definition/connotation and 2) is...
Here is a tidbit of information from our upcoming book Lowest Score Wins (math still being tweaked to its, exact, final form but you'll get the point ): Try this the next thousand times you play golf.  If your handicap is over 20 aim at the dead center of the green any time you are more than 60 yards from the flag. If it is between 11-20, aim at the dead center of the green any time you are further than 80 yards from the hole. If you are reading this and carrying a...
 As an Eagles fan I'm "glad" that Reid was replaced by Kelly and that is not the 7-5 colored glasses talking...I was HAPPY with the decision to move on from Reid when it happened as too much had gone on in the recent past both personally and professionally.  I also stated at the time that: 1. Andy Reid would and should be the first hire of the offseason and it would be almost immediate (there were multiple teams courting him right away). 2. If you want to find the best...