or Connect

Posts by david_wedzik

I think that is a fair plan. And I think it is fair to say that there are small adjustments to be made with any strategy. The problem is that the potential variables for SMALL adjustments are just too many to list here. That is why broad scope advice is difficult to give. That said, most people, without an in person GamePlan structure (which we will be offering with schools, etc. btw once the book is released) should heed this advice to shoot lower scores.  It is easy...
After reading through a lot of the comments I should add this now.   This SEEMS as if it is very easy to implement in your game.  It SEEMS that you should just be able to read the advice and start heeding it.  It WON'T be that easy I can assure you. I have struggled at times in my own game to take my own advice.  Challenge yourself to see how good you can be at acting on this.  Make aggressive plays to conservative targets. Again, it WON'T be easy 
Erik is right that those swings meet the definition of steady. Most of this has to do with the fact that he is a tour player and it is not causing him any direct issues. I would have more concern if this happened to be, say, a single digit handicapper and the compensations necessary were creating ball flight issues. There are two parts to be considered as we look at players like this...1) is the head, as a reference point, steady per the definition/connotation and 2) is...
Here is a tidbit of information from our upcoming book Lowest Score Wins (math still being tweaked to its, exact, final form but you'll get the point ): Try this the next thousand times you play golf.  If your handicap is over 20 aim at the dead center of the green any time you are more than 60 yards from the flag. If it is between 11-20, aim at the dead center of the green any time you are further than 80 yards from the hole. If you are reading this and carrying a...
 As an Eagles fan I'm "glad" that Reid was replaced by Kelly and that is not the 7-5 colored glasses talking...I was HAPPY with the decision to move on from Reid when it happened as too much had gone on in the recent past both personally and professionally.  I also stated at the time that: 1. Andy Reid would and should be the first hire of the offseason and it would be almost immediate (there were multiple teams courting him right away). 2. If you want to find the best...
Thanks to everyone who has supported the project thus far...not just empty words here...sincere thanks for putting your faith in us to do a great book! On that subject (@iacas let me know if this should be a new thread) is there a specific place you feel you "waste" shots? We have great content mapped out already but you never know where a new chapter will come from!   Thanks again!   Dave
Definitely cool thread as there are lots of guys 60+ that can really play (not sure what we are defining as old). Yeah, my Dad did fire 29 at 66 1/2 years old but backed it with a 39. This was at The Kahkwa Club which is legitimate course for sure! He still hits it 260+ and drives it great overall and putts very well. It's one of the things I love about golf...that I imagine playing well til I'm 80.
As some of you may know, @iacas (Erik) and I have been doing research over the past couple years for a golf book called "Lowest Score Wins". Our background work is 95% complete and the writing has begun .     Two days ago we posted our project on a campaign funding platform called  Indiegogo (we have raised almost $2000 so far in the form of purchased books) and I'm posting this here now as we know every golfer can benefit greatly from this book!   Right now, you...
Andrea Drake is very good and is in Naples. She has been trained by us personally (among others). She is a 5SK Director of Instruction and is at Quail West.
Obviously everyone knows my thoughts on this thread and this data as I have been a part of the compilation...so no need to discuss the quality of the post. I think the replies are telling though. We are careful to do our "research" in areas that can truly help golfers and, based on the replies here, it seems this is a subject that matters. The perception may be totally different depending on who you ask but the real point is to give golfers accurate information they can...