or Connect

Posts by david_wedzik

Haha... I'll take the amateur 20 handicap who goes by the name of Mark... if that's his real name 
I'm taking Joe here. Sample size of one 9 hole round is too small of course but I'd be backing Joe if I had to wager $100. I'm confident in my pick btw
 Golf is hard. I don't want this to "sound" the wrong way but of course S&T is "easier to remember". It's description of ONE way to swing a golf club. You don't have to consider the many things that might be going on within individual players (again, golf is hard, and you really need to consider those things) as you give them singular instruction. 5 Simple Keys® was specifically built to keep things as simple as possible for players learning the game while instructors...
Putter fitting is certainly a small factor here but it's much more the mindset. Understanding the stats can change that. I would also say that if you find yourself leaving a larger percentage than normal short from inside the 10-15 foot range it may be because you lack confidence in the 3 foot range for some reason. Another reason why spending practice time on the 3-8 foot range is beneficial. 
One addition that needs to be reiterated for sure. From inside 15 ft-ish (maybe even 10-12 feet depending on player level) focus on trying to make them all as typical distance control will leave most players only 1-3 feet past the hole anyway and that is a very high percentage make zone. The reason I mentioned some players moving this "go for it" distance down to 10 feet is that they may not all have "typical" distance control :-). I'll agree with Erik that the putts per...
Just read through a fair amount of this thread quickly... do me a favor. Go to the range as soon as you can and lay an alignment rod on the ground to be CERTAIN you know where you are aiming your body "lines"... then put an alignment stick down into the ground (standing up) about 15 feet in front of you and just a touch to the right of where you are aligned. Hit some drivers from this alignment starting the shots to the right of the alignment stick. I would like to hear a...
We have recently begun filming for a DVD release of Lowest Score Wins and once complete there will be a large scale marketing campaign begun on Golf Channel and elsewhere. We would really love to hear from those of you who have read the book and begun putting the principles to work. What we'd like from you, if you'd like to see yourself on Golf Channel in a commercial for LSW, is your best heartfelt short testimonial for LSW. Here are some guidelines for filming the...
 To follow up on Erik's thoughts I'll just say I'm not surprised by this comment. I think a fair percentage of people who read the section may feel that way. We discussed these types of comments being made, in fact, while writing the book. However, I believe that it's far more perception than reality as it seems, after reading, like this is the common sense way to look at things. I actually like to hear this type of comment as I think it adds great credibility to the...
Nice job on the analysis @iacas - I'll add that this is not uncommon to see this type of transformation in an hour once the person understands how to do it properly. We hit shots one handed (right hand) for a while and she was quickly better one handed than she had been two handed previously. Right hand only shots are one of my favorite ways to get the feel of the backswing and the way the club "falls" across to a student.   Something telling from the before swing was...
 This is not that uncommon and I wish I had an answer that you'd really like to hear  -- you've learned what you need to do and how to work on the things to improve your motion and your start lines -- but you are in a bit of limbo. What I mean is that you are still most likely doing things in your "previous manner" but your mind is filled with the thoughts that it takes to do things correctly (with some more practice and time to get things right this gets better, trust...