or Connect

Posts by Fatphil

I'm new to the site but this thread is one of the most interesting I've read in 40 years of playing. I can see what that pro from Cali is saying about release as a teaching aid however I fully agree with the iacas poster that any player hoping to break 80 should "get" the no release concept. An overlooked point in this discussion is the leading edge of the club coming into the ball. What led me years ago to pay attention to the "no release" idea was noticing my iron...
Casting & (lack of) Lag I believe are one in the same. I prefer to concentrate on holding my wrist cock 12" before transition...thru transition and 12" into the downswing. I agree,,thinking about lag or release just screws me up all the time. If I freeze my wrist positions thru the transition I usually get a solid hit w/ and inside out path and decent lag for my age and hdcap. I think a lot of people have trouble with this move because it is physically stressful on the...
I believe lag and casting are related. For me the hardest thing to do is to lock in the wrist cock from 12" before transition to 12" past transition. When I can do it,,,I get a clean hit with decent lag. I think the avg player has a tough time with holding the wrist cock thru transition is that it's physically difficult to do and it puts a bit of strain on your leading lat muscle as well as your hand an forearm muscles. While I have never been successful at "creating"...