or Connect

Posts by 14ledo81

Well I do have high hopes that I can improve a lot.  I think this is part of the reason that I can do ok on shorter courses, but really struggle on long ones.  If I play a 330 yard par 4, I can hit driver-PW.  With the shorter clubs, the short follow through does not seem to cause as many problems.  Long holes though are especially a killer.
 Thanks for the response. I would say the short follow through is something that typically occurs.  It is not (I think) always as short as the one in the video, but at least it gives people an idea of my mental block.
  I've been Playing Golf for:​ 6 years My current handicap index or average score is:  90 My typical ball flight is:  Short (sometimes weak and right) The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:  Short, Fat shots (especially when I try to hit a draw), inconsistent flight pattern         I had planned on starting a swing thread as soon as the weather got nice.  I remembered that my buddy had taken this last fall.  Don't mind his...
 This seems right.  Every now and then (on flat fairways) if I hit one cleanly (maybe at 99 SS?) I can push it out past 250 carry + roll.  This is extremely rare though, probably only once every few rounds. I do think I have an issue with making my practice swing my real swing.  I do not have a radar, so I do not have a way to check, but I would not be surprised if my practice swings were 5-10 mph faster than my real swing.  I have a problem with hitting the ball.  When a...
Good questions. I don't have all those answers. I did hit on a simulator a little while back, and I averaged around 90-95 swing speed with driver. I hit 99 a few times. I do realize that with my SS I could/should be hitting further than 205ish average. I need to work on my swing.I believe I an capable. I am (relatively) young (33). I am 5'11" and weigh 175, so I don't think there is anything physical holding me back.I also am not putting anything into swinging...
230 is a good one. Average is less. I seem to not make good contact very often with the driver. Many are around 200.
I was not joking, and did not take anything as antagonistic.When you said farther, I did not think you meant only ten yards. Although that would mean ten further with driver and iron, so instead of 7 iron approach, I could hit 9. I do think this would make me better.I am a fairly short but straight hitter. I rarely (for my handicap) have penalty strokes. A good drive for me though is about 230. I have played before with guys who can consistently hit 280-300. Maybe...
 I think I would be a better golfer if I could hit the ball farther.  In fact, you could say I'm convinced.
 Good one...
 but..but..  shouldn't everybody like the same things I do???  After all, the things I do are the best....