or Connect

Posts by The Recreational Golfer

Yes to both.
Bring it all on, but especially about He Who Must Be Worshipped.
Hell, yes, I want to know how many times Tiger Woods has been fined for his profane mouth, and how much.   Where did Finchem get this idea that we don't want to know? Did he do research, or is he being his usual self of evading the truth in ways no one can challenge?
6/1
I have an old All-Star Golf show on tape where Byron Nelson said, "If you can drive and you can putt, you can play this game."   "Golf is one whole game. It is true that if you cannot putt you cannot win, for no hole is won until the ball is down -- but good scores are only made possible by good play up the green." - Percy Boomer.
Driver. I get more pars from the fairway than I do from the rough. And, if I'm getting the driver into the fairway, then my swing is working and my irons will be very good, too.   Hogan said driver, too, but I'm not him.
Exactly.
I'm working on a swing conception in which the climax of the swing is the finish, rather than impact.
This is 100% true from my experience. Short game and putting save you shots, but they can only save so many. If you want to become a better golfer, move your game to a new level, you need a better swing.
I've had three back surgeries, too. The last two came three years ago.   Before my latest surgeries, I played a 400-yard par-4 hole on my course with a driver and a 4 or 5-iron. Now I've moved up a set of tees, because I've had to ease off with my swing, and I play the hole at 360 yards with the same clubs.   You just gotta learn to live with it.   I play without pain because I spent over a year building a golf swing that puts as little stress on my back that a golf...