or Connect

Posts by jgreen85

Lol, the typo police are always fun.    I do apologize for that comment though. I was trying to make a point about people's expectations of "government" as if it's some 3rd party entity and not just a bunch of people doing their best. Many in this country mythologize the private sector as some bastion of efficiency and best practices, when it really isn't. For every private company that "succeeds" there are 10x that fail, and those that "succeed" often fail down the line....
 really? in other words, you were allocated company resources, resources which could have gone elsewhere to fund worthwhile projects, and were rewarded for requesting more money than your group needed?  Being "under budget" is not necessarily a good thing, and being consistently under budget is a bad thing. Consistently beating your numbers isn't a good thing either; in fact, it just means you're a sandbagger (see golf  ).  I know it feels fun to think running large...
Happens every quarter in the private sector too. 
Ok, so "American Leadership" has to do with America being the best in important categories. Thanks for the clarification. Do you think your definition of "American Leadership" is consistent with those who use the phrase? Is this something new or has it been a decline over time? What would you say is the one constant(s) that led to this decline?I appreciate you listing areas that are actually quantifiable.Yea, you really want to look at debt as a percent of GDP. $500k in...
I don't get this "failure to lead" comment. I hear it a lot as criticism. How can someone tell if "America is leading"? I see a lot of business people on the thread, so I assume there are metrics out there to grade the lack of leadership from America from those who agree with Norman's comments.
is your picture of the glove a pic of how your glove should wear? 
 I wasn't in the first group out; the course was busy as this was a Sunday morning.  Only way for course to be at 4.5hr pace is if a group is playing at that pace and thinks it is appropriate. It looks like a lot of you do feel it is appropriate, and that is a problem imo. Again, what is causing people to play at that pace?  I'd like to see starters coach players on proper pace of play: take no more than 8/9 strokes a hole; driver should go to passenger's ball first, drop...
I really don't like how some serious SandTrap golfers believe 4.5hrs is good. I guess as long as you let faster players through when there's room, but geez....what are yall doing that takes so long?   I played in a 3-some and I walked, and we had to wait on a few holes, yet I was in my truck at the 4hr mark.
4hrs is the upper-end and for courses where walking is encouraged. If all four players are in a cart, it shouldn't take more than 10-12min per hole (obviously an average) imo, which is 3-3.5hrs round. Problem is a lot of golfers think they need to wait for their cart-mate to hit before they go to their ball. 
I mean to edit my post earlier to include "tour pros shouldn't be the model." They're all really slow players. Part of it is the rules, but a lot of it is just intertia. There's no reason for one person to play fast if all it takes is one slow player/group to hold up the course. This is a classic Nash Equilibrium. Everyone would benefit from faster play, but it takes everyone to make it happen. This is where the government/rules making body should get involved to force...