or Connect

Posts by jgreen85

Certainly not desire, but form is the key. Football players get insurance all of the time, especially top college players. After they recover, they CAN play football, but they're nowhere near as quick,explosive, etc. Like someone wrote previously, he CAN play golf, but I can't see how a doctor or anyone can prove that he can perform as he once did. Only proof would be if he teed it up and played well. For a site that consistently emphasizes the huge gap separating tour...
1. I'm extremely curious. Please define "competitive level" for me. Trying to ascertain your, seemingly, otherworldly powers of deduction through an internet forum. 2. "lighthearted joke" lol - I see "just plain ignorant" "2nd grade comeback" "didn't put in the kind of real work" - you've called me lazy and stupid despite only interacting with me on a golf forum. But sure, keep telling yourself you're a nice guy. Title of this thread "Tour Players Look Pathetic Complaining...
It's amazing to me the amount of sympathy some have on this forum for a guy complaining about too much golf. Phil HAS to play the majors and the WGC, he HAS to play all four playoff events, then he HAS to play the Ryder Cup, and, I guess, he HAS to win them all. Let's change it to accomodate Phil. Steve Stricker wanted more time with his family, so he plays a reduced schedule; no whining, no complaining.Yep, and you'll likely be all in support of the marathoner who...
Shouldn't endurance play a role in golf? Why not play tournaments over 4 weeks, one round per week? Why not let these guys ride carts? Why not reduce the # of holes to 9? Phil is getting old, he should be declining that's the nature of every sport. Tim Duncan is a marvel b/c he's still very effective at an advanced age, but because he has transformed his game. Phil still wants to bomb it off the tee like he's in his twenties. Was Jim Furyk complaining? You're correct,...
I'd love to join a private club and/or pay more at a public club for better pace of play, so far, no bueno :(
I think it's safe to say most on here have white collar jobs. Imagine the guy going to work on roofs in phoenix in 115 degree heat 5 days a week for 8 hours a day and hoping they call him in on sat/sun for some OT. Zero sympathy for these "athletes."
I've not heard other players make similar comments. Seem to only be coming from Phil. I imagine this isn't much of an issue for the younger guys. There's a reason top athletes stop being top athletes when they reach a certain age. MJ practiced occasionally with the bobcats, and all of the players said he still could be in the nba. Primary reason he isn't is b/c he'd take two weeks to recover from each game. First thing to go is your ability to bounce recover from strain...
congrats on the plug on golf channel! maybe Tiger will look you up after all!
 Nike would be moronic to not push the guy from the UK that's dominating the golf world. Go to anywhere else, and it's still pretty much Tiger. It'll be interesting to see if Rory can ascend, but it's still not even close and won't be for a while. Tiger changed golf like Lawrence Taylor changed linebacking, like Jordan changed basketball. Look at how buff Rory is and Fowler is trying to get, that's b/c of Tiger. Rory can't be bigger than Tiger b/c he's using Tiger as a...
well, Arnie STILL outearns and is more popular than Jack, so...