or Connect

Posts by jgreen85

Nike would be moronic to not push the guy from the UK that's dominating the golf world. Go to anywhere else, and it's still pretty much Tiger. It'll be interesting to see if Rory can ascend, but it's still not even close and won't be for a while. Tiger changed golf like Lawrence Taylor changed linebacking, like Jordan changed basketball. Look at how buff Rory is and Fowler is trying to get, that's b/c of Tiger. Rory can't be bigger than Tiger b/c he's using Tiger as a...
well, Arnie STILL outearns and is more popular than Jack, so...
Thanks! Yep, it's in the top 100 You Can Play according to Golf Digest.
Got an Ace yesterday!!!! We-Ko-Pa Cholla course #3. 147 yard slightly down hill. Stock 9-iron for me. I hit it pure with a nice baby draw. I was happy with the shot in the air, hoped to get close but figured it was a little short or a little deep. I was playing with two friends, one of them said after it hit the green "Go In", but I thought it had run out of gas, and then my little yellow Srixon...disappeared.   If you want a replay of my reaction just go watch one of...
"I want to win a Callaway Big Bertha Driver"   Ian Poulter -5 Paul Casey -5 Padraig Harrington -5
So your solution is to be better at golf. Got it.
Assumptions I have here are this: faster greens = more challenging to hold greens for approach shots! faster greens = less room for error on chips/pitches. Fast greens =less room for error on longer putts. If those assumptions hold, slower greens would make the game easier. I don't think saying people putt better on fast greens is sufficient to saying 7-9 is better than 4-6. If people can hold greens more easily, can be more aggressive with pitches/chips, and lag putts,...
For the record, Jack is 35yrs older than Tiger, so a little patience on the "next Tiger" discussion is warranted imo.
 Need to distinguish what we're looking for in this thread. Is it the marketing/fans that speith/mcilroy will replace or just the winning? I certainly think someone will come along and win like these guys, but bring in the fans/money? I doubt it; at least not big money domestically. the thing about Tiger is more in the marketing. The ability to win is required, but not sufficient. I was 12 during the '97 Master's and I remember "ooh, a black guy is winning this really...
obviously, we'll see. I think there always will be that handful of guys who distinguish themselves in sports. We see it in tennis and basketball, other individual (semi-individual) sports that a handful of players have a chance to win it and that's all. Granted both of those sports differ from golf in that players can play defense. For example, as great an athlete DJ is, he doesn't seem to have the mental make-up to win majors and same with gary woodland. They seem to lack...