or Connect

Posts by jgreen85

"I want to win a Callaway Big Bertha Driver"   Ian Poulter -5 Paul Casey -5 Padraig Harrington -5
So your solution is to be better at golf. Got it.
Assumptions I have here are this: faster greens = more challenging to hold greens for approach shots! faster greens = less room for error on chips/pitches. Fast greens =less room for error on longer putts. If those assumptions hold, slower greens would make the game easier. I don't think saying people putt better on fast greens is sufficient to saying 7-9 is better than 4-6. If people can hold greens more easily, can be more aggressive with pitches/chips, and lag putts,...
For the record, Jack is 35yrs older than Tiger, so a little patience on the "next Tiger" discussion is warranted imo.
 Need to distinguish what we're looking for in this thread. Is it the marketing/fans that speith/mcilroy will replace or just the winning? I certainly think someone will come along and win like these guys, but bring in the fans/money? I doubt it; at least not big money domestically. the thing about Tiger is more in the marketing. The ability to win is required, but not sufficient. I was 12 during the '97 Master's and I remember "ooh, a black guy is winning this really...
obviously, we'll see. I think there always will be that handful of guys who distinguish themselves in sports. We see it in tennis and basketball, other individual (semi-individual) sports that a handful of players have a chance to win it and that's all. Granted both of those sports differ from golf in that players can play defense. For example, as great an athlete DJ is, he doesn't seem to have the mental make-up to win majors and same with gary woodland. They seem to lack...
sent
I think another reason is that the question "how far DO you hit your driver" is translated in our minds to "how far CAN you hit your driver." Very different questions.   Given absolutely perfect circumstances (land it and keep it on the cart path), I CAN hit my driver just shy of 400 :). I actually blocked my 3w over a wall bordering the hole, bounced on the street and then bounced back over the wall on to the course. 380 yard hole and I was 60 out. So, 320 3w for me,...
Unfortunately........
Not a lot of activity recently, so I figured I'd use it as an opportunity to toot my own horn. Shot 81 today. My best score ever. 5 more of those and I'm at 6, so pretty pleased. Left a lot of shots on the course too. Hit 6 FWs and 9 greens. Only once was I truly out of position and had to get up and down for bogey (failed). Also, no birdies despite 3 good chances.So much fun hitting the ball how you expect and for misses to go where they're supposed to.