or Connect

Posts by 1puttit

Thought you guys might find this interesting. It's her demo reel before the name change   https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=193483236980
She's had an equipment upgrade.   Holly Niederkohr as a senior on the college golf team     Holly Sonders now
Played golf with my brother one weekday, I had the day off and he sneaked out of work early. Now this is not all that unusual other than the fact that my brother's wife is one of those miserable people who has to track her husband's every movement, money spent, etc..  My brother has resigned himself to the fact that it's easier to sneak around and avoid conflict than to tell his wife he's taking half a day off to play some golf. This is important because if she found out...
Pat Perez: Total hot head throwing temper tantrums when things don't go his way. Nothing like a pro breaking clubs and screaming profanities.   Charlie Beljan: The guy who had the panic attack on the way to winning Children's Miracle Network tournament. Everyone's entitled to their opinion but at least have the conviction to back it up. Goes on twitter and calls Obama a D-bag. Gets called on it and deletes account. Goes back to twitter a year later, bitches about not...
Grounds crew not getting out of the way and letting you play through. I understand they've got work to do but some of these guys are clueless and I'd like to play through without killing anyone. We had a guy yesterday camped out in the center of the fairway putting sand in divots. Didn't seem to bother him that he was right in the middle of the landing zone (which is why there were so many divots to be filled). Tried to wave him off but he insisted on staying in the...
Try the "flying wedge" drill. The flying wedge if a golfing machine term used to describe the angle of the right wrist at impact. Basically it should be bent backwards which also keeps the left wrist flat. Flat left wrist + weight forward = good impact position.    Setup with your weight about 70% on front foot and do this drill:
I've gone back and forth on chipping styles recently. The "hinge & hold" method ala Phil Mickelson works well but takes some practice. Using this method you still have the opportunity to vary your club selection to control roll-out. I use this method when I'm 5+ yards off the green but then it's more of a pitch rather than a green-side bump & run type shot. The downside, for me at least, of using this method for green-side chips is that it really requires a lot of...
I second the recommendation of visiting your local golf shop and testing out some used equipment. Personally I would try to stay away from the big box stores and find a local guy where you can actually hit the clubs and see what works for you. 
If you played to a 4 as a kid then I think you have a very good shot at getting to scratch, maybe a bit better. Getting below 5 takes a lot of work and the progress is a lot slower. 
Shot an even par 32 on an executive 9 hole layout. First time I ever shot even par anywhere. Usually shoot low 80's.    My 12 year old son, Andrew, played in a junior golf league this summer where they give the kids a 30 minute lesson and then send them out to play 6 holes with other kids. He really wanted to have me come and play "his" course with him. Was very cool to have "the old man" show him how it's done and shoot even par. I have the scorecard on the mantle...