or Connect

Posts by 1puttit

Sure. Checkout the Marketplace  http://thesandtrap.com/f/3116/marketplace
This happened years ago, I don't remember the course or hole, but I'll always remember this shot.  I'm 5 yards right of the hole, the green is so elevated that I can only see the top of the flag stick. I take a 60* wedge, open it up, and launch the ball almost straight up. Next thing I know I hear a loud "click" and the ball comes flying back and lands about 10 feet in front of me! WTF? My playing partners are screaming that my ball hit the cup and flew out and back at...
Tell us a little about your game. 5 iron distance, usual miss, fat or thin shots, average score, etc... 
Based on the info I can glean from the story, this family lives in or near Hyde Park in Chicago which is a pretty well to do area. The closest public golf course is Jackson Park. According to the Chicago Park District website the week day rate for juniors is $16 and weekend is $24. BUT, they have a practice and play program the gives you unlimited range balls and unlimited golf for a whopping $30 a month http://www.cpdgolf.com/Chicago-Illinois-Players-Advantage-Card.html...
  I doubt he is 15. When I offered to reshaft his broken driver and asked for a copy of his driver's license he says he is only 15 and doesn't have a license. When I asked for a copy of his High School ID it turns out that he lost it. Awfully interesting that each time I asked for proof of who he is there is an excuse as to why he can't provide it. 
        People play golf for different reasons. Some want to shoot a low score. Some guys just want to guzzle beer and knock the ball around. If you like the guys you play with, then keep playing with them. The fact that they don't play by the rules has nothing to do with your score. If you don't enjoy their company then stop playing with them. Go out as a single and get paired up with different people. You might make some new golf friends.
Do you get worse before you get better when you take lessons? I think it depends    There are some lessons, like putting or shortgame, where you get better immediately. Fix a fundamental flaw in someone's putting technique and they will start shaving strokes immediately.    Now for full swing I think you almost always get worse (score wise) before you get better. And it's not the instructor or student's fault. Say you have a nasty slice. You take some lessons,...
Both the Acer XB and Acer XC wedges are very nice. http://www.hirekogolf.com/hireko/orderportal/catalog_presentation/by_catalog/Club+Components%3A+Golf+Wedges/0/1/16/1/0/0 Also check out the Karma grips.Very good (but not great) quality grips at a super low price. The black velvet grips are a lot like golf prides but only a buck a grip.
I'm gaming Maltby M-05's at the moment. I've been lusting after some Wishon 560MC or maybe the 870Ti but will probably have to wait until next year to make the switch.   The 752TC looks sweet. Good luck with them. If they don't work out for some reason, send me a PM 
I also have an account . If you are a club builder with some experience and equipment they will setup an account for you. They want to make sure you know what you're doing and have the tools and expertise to do it right. They do not want cut 'n glue guys slapping clubs together because they make high quality stuff and don't want crappy builds to reflect poorly on them. The OP just built his first club, a putter, and now wants to build a wedge. Wishon is not going to setup...