or Connect

Posts by 1puttit

So you want a premium ball at a non-premium price? I'd suggest looking at some of the "poor-man's" pro-v1's.   Top-Flite Gamer v2  - very nice 3 piece ball, not quite as spinny around the greens but very good- about $20 Wilson FG Tour - $25 - Wilson Duo - two piece but long and really soft. decent spin around green. $20 Wilson Zip 302 - These are last years ball and are being blown out at $25 in 24 ball pack. I believe the Duo replaces it. Found a deal on these...
Definitely check out the local golf store for some used sets. Sometimes you can find some great deals at Play it again sports. Take a look at the Golf Digest Hot list from 2-5 years ago for some ideas http://hotlist.golfdigest.com/     For example, you can get some Adams A07os irons which have hybrids for the long irons for about $150 - 200 on ebay. These clubs were $799 in 2010 and made the Hot List Gold...
For the most part I just play my "natural" shot shape (a push draw) and not worry too much about working the ball. Hitting a draw or fade as your predominant shot is all about managing your misses. For the most part I know my ball is going to draw five yards so I aim 5 yards right of target and let it draw in. If my ball doesn't draw then I know it's going straight and will be about 5 yards right. The S&T guys call this your "shot cone" and I know my ball will usually...
She has loads of talent and time on her side. She's only 22 after all. Right now I think she's a head case and just confused. I think here game went downhill when she went with Ledbetter and now has a serious case of "Led poisoning". She needs to switch instructors to someone who's not mechanical. She used to be with Gary Gilchrist (around the time she was playing great at 12 -15) and should probably go back. I believe Yani Tseng is working with Gary and she certainly...
Typically I hit my own balls for chipping and always for putting. Range balls are not going to play/spin/check the same way as your normal ball. That makes practicing very inconsistent - a chip with your ball may roll out 5 feet where the range ball rolls out 10 feet. Range balls are ok if you are working on a specific drill and not actually trying to hole your shots. If you are serious about your chipping practice pickup a shag bag or tube and stock it with 2 dozen of...
Does anyone have any drills to get my arms moving faster. Took some video the other day and I'm back to my old habits. Can't seem to get my arms down and moving faster. Any help is very much appreciated. 
I've used lostgolfballs a couple of times and been very satisfied. Cheap and the balls are in as good of condition or better than advertised.
If your losing more than 2-3 balls a round then buy the cheap balls and employ the 30 second rule. If you lose a ball, look for it for 30 seconds and then just drop another ball. You're only losing  about 50 cents. Your playing partners will thank you.   I got paired up with some beginning golfers this weekend. One guy lost a ball on almost every driving hole. I don't blame the guy for wanting to search for his lost balls, especially when you consider he was playing a...
I think you have to make a distinction between practicing and warming up for a round. I was watching a show where Jack Nicklaus was opening a new golf course and giving a little clinic. He basically said that before a round you are just warming up and NOT trying to fix anything. You're just getting loose and seeing what kind of swing you have today. Some days you'll have your "A" game and some days you won't.  Start with a few wedges and work your way through your bag up...
At this stage of your game I wouldn't spend a lot of money on balls. As others have said, a distance ball might be your best bet if you have problems with slicing/hooking as they don's spin as much. Top-Flite makes some good balls these days - any of the D2 line or the Gamer are good. Wilson has a new ball out, the Duo, that is a great ball - long off the tee and has decent spin around the green - for $20 a dozen. You can also get some very good used balls from places...