or Connect

Posts by wmiller

I've met and talked to him before. I think he's the west coast rep?   He told me he'd be back in Feb., with the i20 driver. He thinks I'm gonna love that thing.  Hope so, because my current i15 is a tad too much fade biased for me. If I'm the least bit late to the ball, it goes right. Always.   Maybe I should hold off and try the i20 irons... Didn't think of that till just now. Hmmm....
Ping was at my home course today, and I decided to try some of the new offerings and do a formal fitting. We did the static fitting, which showed a silver dot, .5 over as a starting point. When the rep asked me what I currently played, I told him S57s white dot, .5 over. He looked at me and said "ok, why don't you hit a few for me, and we'll check your ball flight." So I hit 3 or 4 balls, all of which moved left 10 or more yards. He asked me if this was my normal flight,...
I have, years ago when I played in a few USGA events. Shot two sub-par rounds at Rivera CC in LA during a two day qualifier, for example.   Don't know if the nerves would hold up any more though. That was over 20 years ago.
Ok, I see your point. But, in my defense, my 1.67 putts avg over 100+ rounds means I 'might' make a few of them...  :)   Edit: Besides, my putting ability wasn't the original purpose of the experiment. I was simply trying to ascertain if I can make a repeatable stroke.
I misspoke when I said that my misses are directional misreads. I absolutely understand that breaking putts are all about pace, I.e., less pace means more break, more pace means less. I definitely miss putts because I didn't have the pace right for my chosen line. Yet oftentimes I simply don't see a break, or underestimate it's severity. I also don't understand the math that has me missing 3 of 60 on carpet equating to 20 percent on fast smooth greens? I actually putt...
Ok, thanks guys!   Yea, reading greens has never been my strong suit, so I am not so consistent at 10-20 footers with any significant break. My misses seem to be more directional misreads than anything.      
I seldom three-putt. Maybe once every two rounds?
I was bored tonight, and doing a little berber putting in my computer room and thought I'd try an experiment.   20 putts from 10 feet, how many can I make?   First attempt I missed the 5th putt, for 19 out of 20.   Second attempt I made 20 of 20.   Third attempt I made 18 of 20. (think I was getting bored, and got sloppy there towards the end)   Back was getting tired, so I called it quits. But then I started wondering: Is this pretty good, or just...
This ain't religion to most, so get over it.   The way I understand it, the rules of golf started as a way to insure consistency during competitive play, be it a tournament worth millions, or a couple of sheep herders playing for whatever a few hundred years ago. They've (rules) grown into a cancer of sorts, and totally overboard for casual play. In my opinion, golf has a very checkered past, best forgotten. We don't use all the rules when we play football in the...
Never had that problem, but I always clean and dry the head before I put the cover on anyway.